The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 21 August 2017, 02:54 PM   #31
Rascasse
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer 2
Sorry to hear that you had this happen. I see you are in CA. Californians are like NY'ers.... they look the other way as everything is someone else's responsibility.

Good luck getting this guy off the street.
Rascasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2017, 09:06 PM   #32
Voxel
"TRF" Member

Very sorry to hear this and glad you are ok. We all need to be very careful these days. Completing transactions that must be performed face-to-face are probably best done in a police precinct.
Voxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2017, 11:54 PM   #33
Kingface66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1966 Rolex 5513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascasse View Post
Sorry to hear that you had this happen. I see you are in CA. Californians are like NY'ers.... they look the other way as everything is someone else's responsibility.
One of the absolutely most ridiculous comments I've seen here in a while.
Kingface66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2017, 12:05 AM   #34
michaelodonnell123
Banned

Watch: Panerai 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingface66 View Post
One of the absolutely most ridiculous comments I've seen here in a while.
It's not ridiculous...it's the truth. Here is a little reality check for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lKUwBCIBzA

New York City at its best.
michaelodonnell123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2017, 12:17 AM   #35
SG56
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD4K
I'm so sorry to hear and like others have said, glad you're okay.

I f*****g hate thieves. It's the lowest of the low to take away something that belongs to someone. People could have been saving and working hard all their lives. Then comes a low life and takes it away.

I hate thieves. Hate them.
SG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2017, 12:21 AM   #36
Kingface66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1966 Rolex 5513
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelodonnell123 View Post
Well it's true. I am from New York and this is exactly the truth, nobody gives a crap. Here is a little reality check for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lKUwBCIBzA

New York City at its best.
That video was posted 11 years ago. I'm sure plenty of videos can be dug up to show similar scenes from every city in every country.
But, if that's how you feel about New Yorkers (and I notice that you're from Jersey, so you don't even live in NY?) what can I say? All I know is, I've been on the receiving end of many incredibly genuine acts of compassion and assistance form New Yorkers for many years here.
Kingface66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2017, 12:32 AM   #37
BubbleDate
"TRF" Member

Watch: Datejust 36
Sorry to hear. If I were you're size, I would of ran straight over the top of those 2 girls. I found out, in life, no else is going to help me, I have to help myself.
BubbleDate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2017, 12:41 AM   #38
Cobain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
That video was posted 11 years ago. I'm sure plenty of videos can be dug up to show similar scenes from every city in every country.
But, if that's how you feel about New Yorkers (and I notice that you're from Jersey, so you don't even live in NY?) what can I say? All I know is, I've been on the receiving end of many incredibly genuine acts of compassion and assistance form New Yorkers for many years here.
I'm from NY and i confirm that 100% of incidents go unchecked by everyone, couples fighting, theft in day light, regular fighting etc.
Cobain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2017, 12:44 AM   #39
Richard6xdx
"TRF" Member

Believe me I tried . This guy was really fast. I made a last minute stretch/ Jump and grabbed a piece of his shirt. Unfortunately it was not enough. I have been researching and found this and contacted the person that the watch was stolen from. The African American in the picture (ATL hat) seems to be the guy that stole my watch.
see link
https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/...264635254.html
Richard6xdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2017, 12:58 AM   #40
Dr.Brian
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the market.
One has to pick ones battles. If I'm alone vs with my kids I will react to different situations differently. Violent crime, rape, purse snatching, visible weapons, accomplices, that's all a factor in ones interest in getting involved in situations. Painting everyone with broad strokes is ridiculous. In the situation here, someone yelling "hey stop that guy" may get a response from someone in the immediate path or doorway, but by the time anyone takes a second or two to scan the area, it's over, and it sounds like they did have accomplices running a screen for the thief. Hesitation doesn't make them bad people, it makes them smart. Respectfully I'm not risking my life for a non violent purse snatcher unless I've taken a moment to assess my own safety.
Good luck recovering it, they may be stupid enough to pawn it, post on CL (though probably in another big city), etc.
I hope it was insured.

十人十色
Dr.Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2017, 01:46 AM   #41
Cryten
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard6xdx View Post
Believe me I tried . This guy was really fast. I made a last minute stretch/ Jump and grabbed a piece of his shirt. Unfortunately it was not enough. I have been researching and found this and contacted the person that the watch was stolen from. The African American in the picture (ATL hat) seems to be the guy that stole my watch.
see link
https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/...264635254.html
It's good to see you have a lead, I hope you can get some justice (and your watch).
Cryten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2017, 01:47 AM   #42
koz123
"TRF" Member

Let Breitling know the serial number and that it was stolen. I've seen owners get the watch back years later once that watch comes in for service.
Old 22 August 2017, 01:56 AM   #43
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brian View Post
One has to pick ones battles. If I'm alone vs with my kids I will react to different situations differently. Violent crime, rape, purse snatching, visible weapons, accomplices, that's all a factor in ones interest in getting involved in situations. Painting everyone with broad strokes is ridiculous. In the situation here, someone yelling "hey stop that guy" may get a response from someone in the immediate path or doorway, but by the time anyone takes a second or two to scan the area, it's over, and it sounds like they did have accomplices running a screen for the thief. Hesitation doesn't make them bad people, it makes them smart. Respectfully I'm not risking my life for a non violent purse snatcher unless I've taken a moment to assess my own safety.
Good luck recovering it, they may be stupid enough to pawn it, post on CL (though probably in another big city), etc.
I hope it was insured.
Exactly! I'm not getting stabbed because some guy lost a watch. I have a family to think of first. I'm not a cop.

To think others are morally responsible to play vigilante is ludicrous.
Old 22 August 2017, 02:17 AM   #44
Dr.Brian
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the market.
Quote:
Originally Posted by imperio View Post
Are you saying that if this happened to you, you'd shoot the guy as he was running off with your watch?
Right in the back apparently in a crowd as well.
Let's not get this one closed with Dirty Harry talk though.

十人十色
Dr.Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2017, 02:30 AM   #45
Richard6xdx
"TRF" Member

The first guy that was robbed in the link I sent was actually carrying one. But did not use it because the other guy only ran and did not intent any harm at all. You cannot just shoot anyone. I am just surprised that someone would do this at a Starbucks with 20 people around. Very surprising. Either way I have also contacted Breitling and reported it stolen. I have also contacted the Chanel 11 news and they are interested. Since we have pictures of the suspects they are going to get caught. I called my insurance and they only do $1,500 insurance for the watch. At this point my biggest concern is getting this guy caught! The watch comes 2nd. I know my chances of recovering the watch are slim to none
Old 22 August 2017, 02:33 AM   #46
Lordofrolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes Please!
pretty crazy

Follow me on Instagram: @b_jakobovich
Lordofrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2017, 02:38 AM   #47
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brian View Post
I hope it was insured.
I guess Brian's think alike

OP, I hope you recover your watch.
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2017, 02:41 AM   #48
michaelodonnell123
Banned

Watch: Panerai 112
Quote:
I am originally from NYC, I only moved to NJ a year ago. That video shows the typical NYC attitude. It's not a matter of how "I feel" rather it is just how it is. Very few people care, they are too busy staring at their phones to even look up. "I've been on the receiving end of many incredibly genuine acts of compassion and assistance form New Yorkers for many years here"...lucky you.
michaelodonnell123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2017, 03:38 AM   #49
uncleluck
"TRF" Member

Gutted for you, even more so that you didn't manage to actually get him!
uncleluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2017, 04:07 AM   #50
Bob the brush
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1016 Explorer.
Hope the low life scumbag is bought to justice swiftly, and that you get your watch back in one piece. Good luck.
Bob the brush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2017, 04:49 AM   #51
greekbum
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT 16750
In the future do your face to face deals in a federal building post office or inside a bank. Never in a starbucks mcdonald's etc imho.

Original Owner ROLEX 16750 GMT Daily Wearer For Over 13,000 Days And Counting
greekbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2017, 05:09 AM   #52
Richard6xdx
"TRF" Member

Honestly I think the only safe place with these idiots would be a police station (with a 2nd person at the exit door) . These guys do not seem to care if they get caught. I have been to police stations before and there are no cops in the front lobby most of the time. When they did this to me I had just come out of the jacuzzi and still had flip flips on. If I had regular shoes on I would have caught him and given him the beating he deserved. I guess I have done so many flawless deals that I trusted him way too much. I let my guard down which will not happen again!
Old 22 August 2017, 11:48 AM   #53
ABQAnthony
"TRF" Member

That's great that the news might pick it up! Make sure to post a link if they do!

$1,500, insurance pays "street value" apparently lol, gotta love em. These guys can accurately predict the risk of a vehicle, driver, home and flood area in near real time yet when it comes time to pay I'm not sure how they determine their values...

Of course I know there are policy limits and what not, but jeez...
ABQAnthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2017, 01:55 PM   #54
vman
"TRF" Member

Watch: less TV
Sorry to hear about your loss. Threads like this one make internet transaction areas next to police departments a good idea:

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/news...t-transactions
Old 22 August 2017, 02:32 PM   #55
Richard6xdx
"TRF" Member

Yes thats the max u can get unless u have a Rider on the policy
Old 23 August 2017, 02:19 AM   #56
psv
"TRF" Member

Sorry to hear. Always decide to meet at bank or police station only - any bad guys will bail at that time.
psv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2017, 03:22 AM   #57
SpeakWithMichael
"TRF" Member

Watch: Superocean 44not42
Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingToSeeHere View Post
"I seen your watch on craigslist" = Flag
"What's up with that watch?" = Flag
Etc.
Indeed. You can't judge a book by its cover, but you can damn sure judge it by its grammar.

Then again I'm biased.
SpeakWithMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2017, 03:26 AM   #58
Richard6xdx
"TRF" Member

No, the guy on the phone was very polished. I am assuming that it was a different guy that showed up. He was very polished on watch knowledge as well. He was talking about his kids and wife. These guys know what they are doing. When he showed up he talked very little but my guard was not up because there were no reg flags on the phone. Grammar was pretty good because he was texting and I also talked to him at least 10 times on the phone
Old 23 August 2017, 03:30 AM   #59
Richard6xdx
"TRF" Member

Looks like these guys are organized. They have the driver plus 2 guys,phone scammer guy (who is knowledgeable on watches and very well spoken, and then the runner. Small fast guy who comes in talks very little . As soon as watch hits his hand he grabs it and runs. If you are not on your toes and ready they will 100% get away. The guy was lightning quick. I am in pretty good shape and I think if I did not have flip flops on I would have caught him. What would have happened after that is up in the air. I am pretty sure I would have been able to pin him down. But I am not sure if he was armed or his buddies in the car are armed. That I will never know.
Old 23 August 2017, 03:33 AM   #60
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Watch: YMII,GMTII,DAYTONA
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeakWithMichael View Post
Indeed. You can't judge a book by its cover, but you can damn sure judge it by its grammar.

:
Cool quote - I will remember that one