The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 21 January 2021, 07:38 AM   #1
Cru Jones
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Icon19 New 1122 Guillame Nery Edition

Celebrating 70 years of Luminor with 70 watches with a 70-year warranty for $18,900 each.

44mm DLMS Titanium Case with recycled PET strap and white rubber strap. Limited to 70 pieces.

Sandblasted laser sintered titanium finish, cool modern dial color and DLC back with engraving.

Rubber bezel and crown covering.....???

“Featuring” the now infamous P.9010 movement.

Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2021, 08:59 AM   #2
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Any pics of the movement?
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2021, 09:05 AM   #3
Cru Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Any pics of the movement?

No, but I found this “live” photo:

Old 21 January 2021, 09:48 AM   #4
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

That would be the Gen 2 P.9010.

On a cosmetic theme, rubber bezel is a odd choice as they don't always age well. Its not a Submersible and no one is gripping it so why rubber?
Mystro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2021, 11:46 AM   #5
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post

On a cosmetic theme, rubber bezel is a odd choice as they don't always age well. Its not a Submersible and no one is gripping it so why rubber?
Hmmm, imho it would have been cool to make the rubberized bezel easily replaceable. Change strap and bezel rubber color to match.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Old 21 January 2021, 12:04 PM   #6
yachty 1
"TRF" Member

Watch: yacht master
I'd rather take the 1662. Carbotech bezel ,flat black dial and quick strap change mechanism.
yachty 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2021, 12:40 PM   #7
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

I like it....except.

Rubber bezel and crown will be problematic with aging.

Stop with the “limited editions”....especially of 70. Guillame Nery is great and all, but will that drive much needed buzz and demand??

Build them....keep the numbers low for sure, but the LE business is so tired because it actually proliferates the lineup regardless of only being 70.

Replace an older model with this, no rubber, and don’t LE it, but keep the numbers low but open like the old days.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2021, 12:47 PM   #8
Jfo122
Banned

No doubt, this is great.
Jfo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2021, 05:51 PM   #9
martintyler
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
Mine has hacking seconds, as I said in the P.9010 thread
martintyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2021, 06:08 PM   #10
emtee
"TRF" Member

I think it look great but the 70 year warranty engraving on the back is a bit naff
emtee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2021, 06:14 PM   #11
JonaG
"TRF" Member

Watch: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by emtee View Post
I think it look great but the 70 year warranty engraving on the back is a bit naff
I agree, like something you’d find at Costco on a bbq set. Great looking watch though
Old 21 January 2021, 06:48 PM   #12
rambo99
Banned

Watch: SD43,PAM1616,Hulk
Quote:
Originally Posted by yachty 1 View Post
I'd rather take the 1662. Carbotech bezel ,flat black dial and quick strap change mechanism.
may be someone who wants to enjoy a diving session with nery would prefer this one.
rambo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2021, 02:52 AM   #13
mbalmz

new panerai release in 2021:

price: $19k
movement: TBD
___

instagram: @brooklynwatchguy
mbalmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2021, 04:00 AM   #14
Watch This
Banned

Watch: SS YMII
Waaaay overpriced IMHO.
Watch This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2021, 04:40 AM   #15
Locuswatchcollection
"TRF" Member

Nice limited edition. I like the sandblasted finish

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Locuswatchcollection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2021, 04:44 AM   #16
crazycarlitos
"TRF" Member

Not feeling it, especially at that price

Looks like several recycled material put together in haste imo.

Agree with JonaG about the case back engraving. Lol
Old 22 January 2021, 05:27 AM   #17
Cru Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watch This View Post
Waaaay overpriced IMHO.
Tough to say. Depends on how you evaluate the value of 10 services (one every 7 services) + the unique nature of this piece.
Old 22 January 2021, 05:30 AM   #18
kashb
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru Jones View Post
Tough to say. Depends on how you evaluate 10 services (one every 7 services) + the unique nature of this piece.
Hi, are services included free of charge on these 70 year Warrenty models then? Like the 1117/1118/1119

Thanks
kashb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2021, 05:31 AM   #19
Cru Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashb View Post
Hi, are services included free of charge on these 70 year Warrenty models then? Like the 1117/1118/1119

Thanks

Looks like it, yes. “Free of charge”, if you pay the initial higher price. ;-)
Old 22 January 2021, 05:31 AM   #20
Cru Jones

Duplicate
Old 22 January 2021, 06:26 AM   #21
56Diver
"TRF" Member

I follow Nery on Instagram, more often than not, when the watch he is wearing is clearly visible, he wears a 1389. Even today on IG, he's diving in one.
I realize just because a watch has your name on it, doesn't mean you have to wear it, but i figured he'd wear the super expensive one they put his name on.
Submersible Chrono Guillaume Nery Edition - 47mm
PAM00983
56Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2021, 06:31 AM   #22
kashb
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru Jones View Post
Looks like it, yes. “Free of charge”, if you pay the initial higher price. ;-)
That’s interesting, has this been confirmed anywhere? I heard rumours on the web but never confirmed. Does anyone have a source? Thanks
kashb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2021, 06:39 AM   #23
Cru Jones

Quote:
That’s interesting, has this been confirmed anywhere? I heard rumours on the web but never confirmed. Does anyone have a source? Thanks

Old 22 January 2021, 07:17 AM   #24
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I recall in the YouTube video when the 111x series was released the CEO or some such confirmed service is included.

Old 24 January 2021, 10:41 AM   #25
cobradriver
"TRF" Member

1662 doesn't have quick change strap mechanism

Quote:
Originally Posted by yachty 1 View Post
I like both, but I have a 1662 and do love it. However, note the 1662 doesn't have the quick change strap mechanism. The web site picture (and promo pics) are incorrect.

Panerai is aware of this (I told the concierge), so should update at some point (I'm surprised they haven't updated yet, they finally put the correct picture of the back of the 1075 on the site that had been missing, but they haven't gotten around to this).

I actually prefer the traditional screw system, seems like less things to break (although I have a Panerai with the quick change and it is convenient :-) I haven't tried the spring bar system though, some people really like that. But I digress...

It's odd, the picture on the site for the 1662 with the quick change doesn't look like it was manipulated, I wonder if they originally did employ the quick change with prototypes/demos and in testing it didn't pan out so they changed it (or changed it to be consistent with the other recently introduced models with new materials)
cobradriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2021, 02:44 PM   #26
yachty 1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobradriver View Post
I like both, but I have a 1662 and do love it. However, note the 1662 doesn't have the quick change strap mechanism. The web site picture (and promo pics) are incorrect.

Panerai is aware of this (I told the concierge), so should update at some point (I'm surprised they haven't updated yet, they finally put the correct picture of the back of the 1075 on the site that had been missing, but they haven't gotten around to this).

I actually prefer the traditional screw system, seems like less things to break (although I have a Panerai with the quick change and it is convenient :-) I haven't tried the spring bar system though, some people really like that. But I digress...

It's odd, the picture on the site for the 1662 with the quick change doesn't look like it was manipulated, I wonder if they originally did employ the quick change with prototypes/demos and in testing it didn't pan out so they changed it (or changed it to be consistent with the other recently introduced models with new materials)
Thats very upsetting news to me. Especially in all the pictures they show the quick change system. I actually started inquiring about one. That might be a deal breaker for me.
Old 24 January 2021, 03:48 PM   #27
cobradriver
"TRF" Member

1662 screw system comments

I half expected the 1662 actually had the screw system, since the pictures of the 1117 (made out of the same DMLS titanium) show the screw system, but I really had no expectation one way or the other. I figured I'd get what I'd get.

I've already changed the strap on the 1662 once, and it seemed easy enough. The watch looks nice and clean without the little button on the lug too. I don't know how scratch resistant the DMLS Titanium is, but using the standard Panerai supplied screwdriver, I didn't have any trouble. Your (and my future) mileage may vary.

However, I recognize it's a lot less stressful (and faster) to change straps with the quick change system. Anything is easier than changing the strap on a Radiomir though...

Actually, today I found out Panerai refers to what I've been calling quick change as the “interchangeable strap system”. They actually have yet another strap changing mechanism on the Luminor Due models they call “quick release”, just to add to the confusion.

(I don't have enough posts to post links, but Panerai's web site has a page how-to-change-a-strap that shows the different systems)
cobradriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2021, 06:47 PM   #28
martintyler
"TRF" Member

The 1122 is a screw driver change. I've changed straps a few times already, pretty quick and easy... and although I haven't tested whether it would scratch obviously, the DMLS Titanium feels a bit safer than polished steel would be
martintyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2021, 11:22 PM   #29
fullcourt
"TRF" Member

Watch: panerai
nice, but not almost 20k nice....imho

chgo_risti on IG
fullcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2021, 11:58 AM   #30
yachty 1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobradriver View Post
I half expected the 1662 actually had the screw system, since the pictures of the 1117 (made out of the same DMLS titanium) show the screw system, but I really had no expectation one way or the other. I figured I'd get what I'd get.

I've already changed the strap on the 1662 once, and it seemed easy enough. The watch looks nice and clean without the little button on the lug too. I don't know how scratch resistant the DMLS Titanium is, but using the standard Panerai supplied screwdriver, I didn't have any trouble. Your (and my future) mileage may vary.

However, I recognize it's a lot less stressful (and faster) to change straps with the quick change system. Anything is easier than changing the strap on a Radiomir though...

Actually, today I found out Panerai refers to what I've been calling quick change as the “interchangeable strap system”. They actually have yet another strap changing mechanism on the Luminor Due models they call “quick release”, just to add to the confusion.

(I don't have enough posts to post links, but Panerai's web site has a page how-to-change-a-strap that shows the different systems)
Definitely can't wait to see pictures I guess what is disappointing is not only do they show this on there website but actual models given for the press even show this system
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20210205-222933_Chrome_copy_540x1200.jpg (131.1 KB, 102 views)