The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 17 December 2019, 09:13 AM   #31
RTG
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: YM42 Ti
Tag! Can't wait to be an official member of the WG YACHT-MASTER 42 Owners Club. I was very excited about this 2019 Baselworld release and placed an order right away. Everything about this watch called to me. Right size, right material, clear display, glide lock, weekend proof power reserve. It's the casual luxury watch I had been searching for.

Hopefully soon Rolex will be done sending out YM42's destined for grey dealers and finally get around to sending one to my AD. Actually, as I type that, I hope/think one will be under the tree Christmas morning.
Old 17 December 2019, 09:15 AM   #32
Seibei
Banned

Watch: 114060
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousMaximus View Post
Curious where you are getting your information?
"The Yacht-Master’s bidirectional rotatable 60-minute graduated bezel is made of precious materials. The raised polished numerals and graduations stand out clearly against a matt, sand-blasted background. This functional bezel – which allows the wearer to calculate, for example, the sailing time between two buoys – is also a key component in the model’s distinctive visual identity."

https://www.rolex.com/watches/yacht-...6659-0002.html
Seibei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2019, 09:23 AM   #33
RTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seibei View Post
That is totally not stealthy. How could anyone imagine that this is stealthy?
If it’s stealthier than your other white gold watches; then it’s stealthy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 12D83136-6829-478A-B920-B690B21A5F62.jpeg (194.8 KB, 707 views)
Old 17 December 2019, 09:35 AM   #34
tbk
"TRF" Member

I saw one on someone's wrist, and I really didn't think it had any wrist presence. I had the 40mm RG version, but unfortunately had to sell it because it wore too small. If they make a RG version of this 42mm, I'll be first in line to buy it. I love the combination of rubber and rose gold.
tbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2019, 10:08 AM   #35
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Why would they do that to the Minute Hand?? The proportion's on the 40 RG YM are perfect and uniform, but on the YM 42 the minute hand is to narrow, and the seconds hand plot is to big!
No clue. I can't unsee the plot/hand proportions myself. It's all kinds of wrong to me.

Quote:
The Bezel is PM meaning Precious Material (Cerachrome) not Precious Metal.
Technically the Bezel is white gold and Bezel Insert is ceramic. Perhaps that's why you two are duking it out over semantics.
037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2019, 12:28 PM   #36
Seibei
Banned

Watch: 114060
Quote:
Originally Posted by 037 View Post
Technically the Bezel is white gold and Bezel Insert is ceramic. Perhaps that's why you two are duking it out over semantics.
Not just semantics if you ask me. I believe it is a huge plus if the insert is in fact ceramic. It is an excellent material, very durable.
Seibei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2019, 12:54 PM   #37
JLM3
"TRF" Member

Watch: blusylvx2blnrsmpbb
I know of a Ad in New England area that has one pm for details.
JLM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2019, 12:55 PM   #38
patrickjb
"TRF" Member

Watch: 216570, 126600
Would love this piece in SS, not WG.
patrickjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2019, 11:53 PM   #39
LuminousMaximus
"TRF" Member

Watch: me hit Huge Lotto
Here’s a pic to see the difference in hand sizes, and dial finishes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To really lives means to live your life to the fullest. It means to chase your dreams, take risks, and to love life.
Since everyone’s fate is the same, why not live the best life that you possibly can? In order to really live,you must seize the day.
Live each day as if it's your last and overall just do it! Today is a gift, that’s why it’s called the present...
LuminousMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2019, 01:50 AM   #40
smym18
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seibei View Post
Not just semantics if you ask me. I believe it is a huge plus if the insert is in fact ceramic. It is an excellent material, very durable.
It's not "if the insert is in fact ceramic," it's a straight up fact that it is ceramic. How surprising for someone like you who posts soooo confidently and judgmentally to not be aware of that.
smym18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2019, 02:49 AM   #41
RTG

Quote:
Here’s a pic to see the difference in hand sizes, and dial finishes.

Thanks for taking the time to post this picture. The minute hand of the RG40 is obviously too fat and proportionally too thick compared to its hour hand. There you go naysayers: Run with that one.

I have never disliked the YM42 handset. Hour hands should be thicker than minute hands IMO. People want this to be a cheaper steel Sub or a more exact sub-clone. But that's not what I want. I like the YM42 just the way Rolex made it.
Old 18 December 2019, 07:22 AM   #42
trfChris
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116719BLRO
The Bezel insert on the YM 42 is definitely ceramic (Cerachrom). Here it is directly from rolex.com:

trfChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2019, 07:31 AM   #43
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
When pics of this leaked out the day before Basel, as a former Yachtmaster owner I was excited...until the next day when it was WG and $27K. I could never justify or rationalize that price but if it was SS for $12K there’d be a huge waitlist. I know that so far Rolex has deigned to put rubber straps only on PM models but never say never. Offering that even as an option on SS Pro models would be a huge seller.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2019, 07:40 AM   #44
Notsoprobro
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smym18 View Post
It's not "if the insert is in fact ceramic," it's a straight up fact that it is ceramic. How surprising for someone like you who posts soooo confidently and judgmentally to not be aware of that.
All of his posts are like that.
Omega Speedmaster Chronoscope 329.30.43.51.03.001
Notsoprobro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2019, 02:33 PM   #45
LoveTheCrown
"TRF" Member

Purchased this past weekend. At first the Oysterflex rubber band felt cheap to me; loved the watch but the strap detracted. 4 days later it is growing on me.

LoveTheCrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2019, 02:56 PM   #46
wetsum3
"TRF" Member

Love mine! Got it a couple weeks ago. Putting it into the rotation on a special occasion.

I’d post a pic but I can’t figure out how to resize the images properly.
wetsum3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2019, 10:18 PM   #47
LuminousMaximus
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveTheCrown View Post
Purchased this past weekend. At first the Oysterflex rubber band felt cheap to me; loved the watch but the strap detracted. 4 days later it is growing on me.

That looks amazing!

To really lives means to live your life to the fullest. It means to chase your dreams, take risks, and to love life.
Since everyone’s fate is the same, why not live the best life that you possibly can? In order to really live,you must seize the day.
Live each day as if it's your last and overall just do it! Today is a gift, that’s why it’s called the present...
Old 31 December 2019, 10:21 PM   #48
LuminousMaximus
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetsum3 View Post
Love mine! Got it a couple weeks ago. Putting it into the rotation on a special occasion.

I’d post a pic but I can’t figure out how to resize the images properly.
That’s great can’t wait to see it. Trouble resizing? Download the App tapatalk for your phone or tablet and install. Go to Rolex Forums and you will be able to use take pictures and upload. It will resize for you.

Old 1 January 2020, 01:09 AM   #49
mml4
"TRF" Member

Big YM fan and love my Blue dial 40mm BUT not that one at all. Each to his own!
mml4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2021, 05:41 AM   #50
LuminousMaximus
"TRF" Member

Icon19 The Best Rolex yet...? (for me)

Well, After 3 days of wearing my new WG YM42 I can honestly say that I'm a changed Rolex Wearer...

I thought the OysterFlex on the RG YM40 was pretty comfortable, but with the Newer and slightly different from the Submariner OF GlideLock, it is the best I have experienced over all the other Rolex SS and Precious metal Bracelets... You don't have to worry about scratching the polished center links, which is very liberating... I feel free from the constant lookout for possible damage...

That is to also say that my skin is very sensative, however if your's is not may not be a big deal...

The size just fits well with 3/8' on either side of my 7" wrist before overhang...

The seconds had goes almost ALL the way to the Rehaut, which is a cool thing to watch...

Thje super Maxi Dial looks normal after a while, and the maxi just loks a tiny bit smaller but both are fine...

The Matte Bezel with polished raised numbers sparkle in the sun, and very well defined.

The case is very comfortable, just like a Daytona case without the pushers sticking out, plus you have a date...

I'll add more soon got to go...ttyl

Old 15 February 2021, 09:04 AM   #51
RTG

I have had mine for a year now. By far the most comfortable Rolex I have worn. It’s a perfect watch. Love everything about it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg F3C9D4CF-61AD-4A4E-A5E2-2655B9426E61.jpeg (115.8 KB, 467 views)
Old 20 February 2021, 02:38 AM   #52
LuminousMaximus
"TRF" Member

Update:

My new YM42 runs about -2 a day. Last night I tried for the first time to allow it to leave my wrist and stood it, Face Up.

To my surprise, it was only -1/2 second slow. Amazing it works on the 3235 movement as well...

Old 21 February 2021, 09:32 AM   #53
Mr. Vanos
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Deep Blue
Never been a fan of the YM until I saw the Basel release on the 42. Put it on the very last of my list and, of course, got the call yesterday. Went in today to see it for the first time. Much more stunning in person. The WG definitely has a shine that a SS would not. The dial is out of this world and the OF is extremely comfortable and makes the entire watch and its wearability much easier on the wrist. Yes, it looks like a modded Sub to most humans but I suppose that’s not why you buy this watch. The complaints about the thickness of the hands didn’t phase me. Truth be told, I was hoping an OF WG Daytona would have come in first. MSRP and no tax seems like a fair deal. I have 24 hours to decide if I want to dump the coin on this unexpected arrival. It’s less about the money but more about the guilt of spending this much on a watch that is nowhere near the top of my list. She is a beauty though. Any thoughts to help my sleepless night?
Old 21 February 2021, 09:39 AM   #54
JodyHighroller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Vanos View Post
Never been a fan of the YM until I saw the Basel release on the 42. Put it on the very last of my list and, of course, got the call yesterday. Went in today to see it for the first time. Much more stunning in person. The WG definitely has a shine that a SS would not. The dial is out of this world and the OF is extremely comfortable and makes the entire watch and its wearability much easier on the wrist. Yes, it looks like a modded Sub to most humans but I suppose that’s not why you buy this watch. The complaints about the thickness of the hands didn’t phase me. Truth be told, I was hoping an OF WG Daytona would have come in first. MSRP and no tax seems like a fair deal. I have 24 hours to decide if I want to dump the coin on this unexpected arrival. It’s less about the money but more about the guilt of spending this much on a watch that is nowhere near the top of my list. She is a beauty though. Any thoughts to help my sleepless night?
Depends on what else is on your list and how soon you could get those!
JodyHighroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2021, 10:13 AM   #55
Mr. Vanos
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodyHighroller View Post
Depends on what else is on your list and how soon you could get those!
Other than a WG OF Daytona and maybe a YG Daytona Green dial if I’m lucky, the rest of my list is SS Sport. I average 2-3 watches per year.
Old 21 February 2021, 02:54 PM   #56
peterskinner
"TRF" Member

Suits me; I’ve had white gold Daytona’s and DD40s . All fine watches. Also had Subs and SD43s.
The Yachtmaster 42 is possibly the best of the lot. Elegant but not at all ‘showy’. The Oysterflex is comfortable and easy to keep clean. It just feels a well thought-out design.
Probably too discrete to be a big seller, too subtle. But that’s just fine. It will age well as a design. A grown-up watch.
peterskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2021, 07:47 AM   #57
Mr. Vanos
"TRF" Member

It turns out it suits me too. I am in love with this watch!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg YM1 - Copy.jpg (149.3 KB, 345 views)
File Type: jpg YM3 - Copy.jpg (116.3 KB, 345 views)
Old 25 February 2021, 04:15 AM   #58
LuminousMaximus
"TRF" Member

Pics

Sent from outer space using Tapatalk

Old 25 February 2021, 04:37 AM   #59
Weinboyz
"TRF" Member

Watch: Not enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Vanos View Post
It turns out it suits me too. I am in love with this watch!
as stated on your OP, I'm going Friday to take a look at one. Dying to see it in person. It's a beauty, Congrats.
Weinboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2021, 07:48 AM   #60
kohuti02
Banned

Watch: 5130P

IMG_1679.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1903.jpg (98.6 KB, 319 views)
kohuti02 is offline   Reply With Quote