The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 29 September 2020, 10:14 PM   #1111
Speedbird-1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bremersm View Post
In regards to his record he only won 21 races in his first 6 seasons and 70 in the next 7. I think that completely comes down to the car. Put Danny Ric or Leclerc in the MB and they would win just as much as the top driver.

In my opinion the current top five active drivers are:

1. Max
2. Danny Ric
3. Hamilton
4. Leclerc
5. Norris
I think if you read through that again, you might notice the contradiction.
Speedbird-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2020, 11:02 PM   #1112
sillo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5 Digit
Quote:
Originally Posted by bremersm View Post
In regards to his record he only won 21 races in his first 6 seasons and 70 in the next 7. I think that completely comes down to the car. Put Danny Ric or Leclerc in the MB and they would win just as much as the top driver.

In my opinion the current top five active drivers are:

1. Max
2. Danny Ric
3. Hamilton
4. Leclerc
5. Norris
Max - 9 wins/1 pole in 5+ seasons
Ricciardo - 7 wins/3 poles in 8+ seasons

@TheGMTHand
sillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2020, 02:03 AM   #1113
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol-x View Post
Hamilton plays the victim card when he gets a penalty.

But when Hamilton got the news on the race radio he asked whether he had broken a rule?

If Hamilton doesn't know what the rules are how can he claim to being unfairly targeted by the officials.

Hamilton will do anything that he thinks he can try on and get away with these days including using F1 for promoting his personal agendas.
I like Hamilton a lot, I’d say I’m a fan, but his behavior lately is getting disturbing. His personal agenda promotion which seems forced and artificial and his constant “what did I do wrong”, “I didn’t know”, “everybody does it”....stop it bro, you’re a profesional, the top, the standard.
How can you be the hard line expert smart guy for society or climates and then not know the basic rules of driving his car. What that shows me is he needs to worry more about driving and F1 and less about what happens off the track.

The entry into pit lane on a red light was understandable, but when added along these other missteps, it gets lost in the pile, his penalties are warranted and thank goodness for the new podium and press rules.

I’m honestly hoping he keeps winning, as he’s a great driver and one of thee best of all time but I’m interested in the sport not your personal life.
And again his stats prove his legacy. Every time someone throws out numbers, when you compare those same numbers to their favorite driver(you know that same guy), they are in his shadow.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2020, 09:28 AM   #1114
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

The Official Formula One Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol-x View Post
Hamilton plays the victim card when he gets a penalty.

But when Hamilton got the news on the race radio he asked whether he had broken a rule?

If Hamilton doesn't know what the rules are how can he claim to being unfairly targeted by the officials.

Hamilton will do anything that he thinks he can try on and get away with these days including using F1 for promoting his personal agendas.

Steve
At the pointy end of the field drivers do what they’re told on the radio. Then at the deity-level, they begin to levitate.

HAM is levitating.

It’s happened before lest we forget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2020, 11:08 AM   #1115
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
Steve
At the pointy end of the field drivers do what they’re told on the radio. Then at the deity-level, they begin to levitate.

HAM is levitating.

It’s happened before lest we forget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
What an awesome post. Very well said.
Old 1 October 2020, 11:27 PM   #1116
Speedbird-1
"TRF" Member

Domenicali will be new F1 boss.
Can we now, expect Ferrari 'improvement'?
Old 2 October 2020, 10:59 PM   #1117
sillo
"TRF" Member

Honda announcing their withdrawal at the end of next year is not a good sign

@TheGMTHand
Old 3 October 2020, 12:52 AM   #1118
drjrhc
"TRF" Member

Watch: Calibre 11 Monaco
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillo View Post
Honda announcing their withdrawal at the end of next year is not a good sign
Agreed. Just read that article.

Will be very interesting to see what Red Bull will do now for engine manufacturer. I don't think they will go back to Renault, although I could be mistaken.

Given Mercedes dominance in that department, I anticipate they will ink a deal with them. Assuming another manufacturer doesn't enter the game between now and then. Not entirely sure who that could be (BMW, Porsche, etc....)

Really were hoping Honda would stick it out.
drjrhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2020, 01:19 AM   #1119
Jackie Daytona

Watch: 16750
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjrhc View Post

Same here Honda in the past has always been an oddball with their engines just going from memory. The will provide them for what seems like 5 years or so at a time. They seem to always start out kinda iffy, and then once they get good they pull the plug. It’s really odd.

Like you mentioned though it would be neat to see BMW or another manufacturer return. They made some interesting cars with Williams back in the Ralf Schumacher days.
Old 3 October 2020, 01:23 AM   #1120
drjrhc
"TRF" Member

I think BMW or Porsche would be VERY interesting. The former is more likely than the latter, probably, and would make for some very interesting racing moving forward. The 2022 regs are gonna make it a much more fun event to watch.

I think things like the red flag restarts, Lewis continuing to have little lapses here and there, have made this season interesting. I get tired of MB pulling away on lap one, and at best swapping positions between Bottas and Hamilton as the only lead changes.

But, being a huge Reb Bull Racing fan, I am very, very keenly watching what they will do. I expect we won't hear anything until end of the year/season. Maybe beginning of next season.
Old 3 October 2020, 02:47 AM   #1121
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
Agreed. Just read that article.

Will be very interesting to see what Red Bull will do now for engine manufacturer. I don't think they will go back to Renault, although I could be mistaken.

Given Mercedes dominance in that department, I anticipate they will ink a deal with them. Assuming another manufacturer doesn't enter the game between now and then. Not entirely sure who that could be (BMW, Porsche, etc....)

Mercedes is already supplying 4 teams and I doubt they want to supply a direct rival. Ferrari PU's are a joke right now so that kind of leaves Renault as the last option. There's a fail safe provision that says the manufacturer with the least amount of teams has to provide PU's to any team that wants it. Unless one of the Mercedes teams leave them, RB is stuck with Renault.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2020, 03:27 AM   #1122
Dr.Brian
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the market.
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
Mercedes is already supplying 4 teams and I doubt they want to supply a direct rival. Ferrari PU's are a joke right now so that kind of leaves Renault as the last option. There's a fail safe provision that says the manufacturer with the least amount of teams has to provide PU's to any team that wants it. Unless one of the Mercedes teams leave them, RB is stuck with Renault.

I think you may be right. They’re screwed and I don’t see MB offering to supply another team.
Red Bull wants to win, so Ferrari is out for the moment. So back they go hat in hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

十人十色
Dr.Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2020, 03:52 AM   #1123
explorer16
"TRF" Member

Redbull can take over the Honda operations in England and build their own engines. They certainly have the financial capability to do this. I'm sure there's enough Honda engineers that would join Redbull with this project.
explorer16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2020, 04:57 AM   #1124
Speedbird-1
"TRF" Member

If what I read is true, Disney now 'own' F1, and 57% of Disney, is owned by the Shanghai Government.
Given the present 'state' of F1, seems like Mr. Eccleston, wasn't doing such a bad job after all.

'Mickey Mouse' and, 'Made in China' weren't necessarily complimentary terms, in the past.

I wonder what Ron Dennis, Max Mosely , Ken Tyrell , Sir Frank Williams, et al, make of it all?
Old 3 October 2020, 05:13 AM   #1125
sillo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontknow View Post
Like you mentioned though it would be neat to see BMW or another manufacturer return.
Quote:
I think BMW or Porsche would be VERY interesting. The former is more likely than the latter,
The issue is we're currently locked into these engine regs until 2025 I believe. They're extremely complicated, expensive and not very road relevant no matter what they try to claim. Look how long it took Honda to get up to speed and their tenure with McLaren was a PR nightmare. "GP2 Engine" is all that really needs to be said. Nobody is going to want to dump so much R&D into these engines just to lose to people who have had significant head start and embarrass themselves in the process.

Porsche briefly considered last year or the year prior and was contingent on simplifying the regs, but bailed.

@TheGMTHand
Old 3 October 2020, 07:22 AM   #1126
Jackie Daytona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird-1 View Post
If what I read is true, Disney now 'own' F1, and 57% of Disney, is owned by the Shanghai Government.
Given the present 'state' of F1, seems like Mr. Eccleston, wasn't doing such a bad job after all.

'Mickey Mouse' and, 'Made in China' weren't necessarily complimentary terms, in the past.

I wonder what Ron Dennis, Max Mosely , Ken Tyrell , Sir Frank Williams, et al, make of it all?
I believe I read that article. Took me for a second. Look at the date they put that out.
Old 3 October 2020, 08:05 AM   #1127
Jackie Daytona

Quote:
The issue is we're currently locked into these engine regs until 2025 I believe. They're extremely complicated, expensive and not very road relevant no matter what they try to claim. Look how long it took Honda to get up to speed and their tenure with McLaren was a PR nightmare. "GP2 Engine" is all that really needs to be said. Nobody is going to want to dump so much R&D into these engines just to lose to people who have had significant head start and embarrass themselves in the process.

Porsche briefly considered last year or the year prior and was contingent on simplifying the regs, but bailed.
Totally makes sense and agree. It would be nice to see another legitimate player in engine manufacturing though. It’s a shame Honda dropped it.
Old 3 October 2020, 08:13 AM   #1128
erhein
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird-1 View Post
They're waiting to see what F1 looks like as a live-action cartoon.
Old 3 October 2020, 10:04 AM   #1129
drjrhc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brian View Post
I think you may be right. They’re screwed and I don’t see MB offering to supply another team.
Red Bull wants to win, so Ferrari is out for the moment. So back they go hat in hand.

True.

I didn’t realize that part of the regs existed regarding number of teams that were being supported.

The way I read it, you are spot on. Renault will be their only alternative unless they take over the Honda development facility and become a true works team from top to bottom.

It’s going to be very interesting. I really hate to see them back with Renault, although their cars are faring better this year than last. How many DNFs did Danny Ric have???

Old 8 October 2020, 06:16 AM   #1130
Lol-x
Facilitator

Honda: No more engines for you Red Bull!!!!

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Lol-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2020, 09:52 AM   #1131
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brian View Post

Mercedes via Toto have officially said no to RB. Renault will have a good laugh at this now.
Old 8 October 2020, 10:15 AM   #1132
sillo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid.bk View Post
Mercedes via Toto have officially said no to RB. Renault will have a good laugh at this now.
Someone else mentioned it in this thread and F1 is notorious for baseless rumors, but there's supposedly a possibility of Red Bull buying the Honda IP.

@TheGMTHand
Old 8 October 2020, 01:05 PM   #1133
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Someone else mentioned it in this thread and F1 is notorious for baseless rumors, but there's supposedly a possibility of Red Bull buying the Honda IP.
Probably right. We'll see, I'm sure RB doesn't want to go back to beg Renault.
Old 13 October 2020, 12:32 PM   #1134
Dilemma
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid.bk View Post
Probably right. We'll see, I'm sure RB doesn't want to go back to beg Renault.
They won't have to beg. Sporting Regulations could force this.

BTW. What do you think Cyril will get for ink? A Danny Ric smiley face.

Dilemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2020, 01:48 PM   #1135
Rock
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Grail:Bluesy
Dan suggested that Cyril's tattoo might appropriately be something with a German flavour.

Foundation Member of 'Horologists Anonymous' "Hi, I'm Rocky, and I'm a Horologist..."
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2020, 12:05 AM   #1136
s2h904
"TRF" Member

Watch: Datejust/YM
Greetings all, not sure if anyone cares but Topps is producing it's first ever line of F1 trading cards......

s2h904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2020, 12:43 AM   #1137
The Joker
"TRF" Member

fun fact

Nico Hulkenberg has scored more points than Sebastian Vettel over the last seven races
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2020, 01:00 AM   #1138
jatco

Watch: 116233/79190
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
fun fact

Nico Hulkenberg has scored more points than Sebastian Vettel over the last seven races
Nico.

' A Crown for every achievement '
jatco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2020, 01:39 AM   #1139
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
George Russell, smh. Can we stop saying he’s a shoe in for the Mercedes seat? He crumbled under pressure again when he had a chance to score. If he’s doing this now just for a P10 with no constructor position on the line, imagine how he will react with real pressure.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2020, 03:37 AM   #1140
sillo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
George Russell, smh. Can we stop saying he’s a shoe in for the Mercedes seat? He crumbled under pressure again when he had a chance to score. If he’s doing this now just for a P10 with no constructor position on the line, imagine how he will react with real pressure.
He's cursed. Though it might've been Marcus Ericsson who took him out.

@TheGMTHand