The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 29 September 2020, 09:02 AM   #4801
cornerstore
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by logo View Post
I will agree with you strongly on this point. TSLA is a prime example of it being misconstrued.

However, I do believe AMZN is worth its weight. When you run AWS cloud services, and own the major market share for cloud, you are a tech company.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beshannon View Post
AWS

We will have to agree to disagree, AMZN is undervalued here
Now if they spin off AWS and or Prime as a stand alone tech ventures then tech valuations are warranted. But to extrapolate these current values on a profitable high margin component tied to a low margin retail business model component is not warranted. As you said we can agree to disagree.
cornerstore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2020, 12:20 PM   #4802
Kowaco
"TRF" Member

Watch: G Shock
You have to remember a stock is only worth what someone will pay for it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kowaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2020, 09:08 PM   #4803
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Coronavirus, Covid-19 Aid, Microsoft, Micron - 5 Things You Must Know Tuesday

https://www.thestreet.com/markets/5-...tuesday-092920

Futures are flat, we need to see some follow through today to confirm a change in trend otherwise this rally will also likely fail which is what I believe.
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2020, 09:56 PM   #4804
JParm
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes!
https://seekingalpha.com/news/361792...uring-pandemic

Another upgrade for SQ here. Plenty of upside left, especially as we get back to opening further (in America, that is...).

PINS continues on it's upward trajectory as well. A lot of chatter about the social media sites rising because of increased online advertising - I'm heavy PINS, FB and GOOGL for that matter, but only looking to add to PINS on any weakness between those 3.
Old 29 September 2020, 10:08 PM   #4805
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeezy14@hotmail.com View Post
https://seekingalpha.com/news/361792...uring-pandemic

Another upgrade for SQ here. Plenty of upside left, especially as we get back to opening further (in America, that is...).
I am long SQ as well as PYPL. FinTech is here to stay for sure. I would like to be back in V but it is over priced here
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
Old 29 September 2020, 10:40 PM   #4806
JParm

https://twitter.com/saxena_puru/stat...74433275273218

Good points made here by Puru Saxena, someone that I follow on Twitter.

There's a reason why things like AMZN trade at much higher mulitples than WMT...GROWTH being one of them.
Old 30 September 2020, 12:49 AM   #4807
beshannon
"TRF" Member

NFL's Titans and Vikings suspend activities after positive tests

https://seekingalpha.com/news/361805...positive-tests

Markets promptly rolled over Dow -125
Old 30 September 2020, 01:12 AM   #4808
-dustin

Quote:
NFL's Titans and Vikings suspend activities after positive tests

https://seekingalpha.com/news/361805...positive-tests

Markets promptly rolled over Dow -125
This has me concerned.

About my fantasy league.

and my DKNG position.
-dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2020, 01:20 AM   #4809
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by -dustin View Post
This has me concerned.

About my fantasy league.

and my DKNG position.
with the games being once a week i dont see it being too much of an issue. mlb has been doing well and they play every day but obviously nfl teams are much larger so we'll see
huncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2020, 02:17 AM   #4810
HippoPAPAmus
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
with the games being once a week i dont see it being too much of an issue. mlb has been doing well and they play every day but obviously nfl teams are much larger so we'll see

I think it comes down to how well it’s contained. If they managed to stamp it out like the MLB (albeit a little sloppy at first), it should be no big deal. If we see further outbreaks and wide spread game cancellations, it may be a bigger problem. MLB, NBA, and NHL playoffs certainly help lessen the blow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HippoPAPAmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2020, 05:26 AM   #4811
jaisonline
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5 digit models
As it def should. PENN and DKNG were hit hard during the 2-3 rounds of MLB team stoppages. It did make a nice buying opportunity though. However, the NFL is the major sport for fantasy and betting so the stocks will be hard harder than MLB.

Quote:
This has me concerned.

About my fantasy league.

and my DKNG position.
jaisonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2020, 07:48 AM   #4812
AshCashEmAll
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 114060
Quote:
This has me concerned.

About my fantasy league.

and my DKNG position.

Haha I was thinking the same thing... about my fantasy leagues that is

AshCashEmAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2020, 08:33 AM   #4813
KaVo8
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes, Please!
Quote:
I am long SQ as well as PYPL. FinTech is here to stay for sure. I would like to be back in V but it is over priced here

With FinTech future likely entrenched in our daily activities. Is it better to invest in individual stocks such as SQ, PYPL etc or an ETF? What is your opinion on an ETF such as ARKF if you are familiar with it?

Old 30 September 2020, 02:00 PM   #4814
mbalmz

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaVo8 View Post
With FinTech future likely entrenched in our daily activities. Is it better to invest in individual stocks such as SQ, PYPL etc or an ETF? What is your opinion on an ETF such as ARKF if you are familiar with it?

i'm a fan of the ARK etfs but they are expensive fwiw (referring to the expense ratios, not the share prices).
___

instagram: @brooklynwatchguy
mbalmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2020, 02:22 PM   #4815
7sins
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbalmz View Post
i'm a fan of the ARK etfs but they are expensive fwiw (referring to the expense ratios, not the share prices).
That is certainly subjective and relative. For an active ETF generating true alpha, 75BP is very inexpensive. Yes, lower cost passive ETFs exist, however they only look to replicate an index, that is not what ARK does. YTD, ARKF is positive 31%, more than happy to pay 75bp for that performance. Compared to L/S funds that charge twice as much with half the amount of performance, if not less.

Cathy Woods used to be the PM at the Asset Manager I work for and is an incredible PM if you can handle the ride. No hesitation.

Quote:

Learn to trade leap options, significantly more upside without have to worry about a short expiration. IE I purchased Fedex leap options several months ago, the stock has almost doubled since then (yes, an anomaly of an event) but my Jan 2022 leaps returned 768%. I've been in this industry for over 15 years, so tread carefully at first, but understanding derivative trading can be very profitable and or have a more calculated strategy like writing puts to generate income which enables you to own a stock at a certain price.

Happy to write a writeup for anyone who is interested and share more on option trading.
Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
7sins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2020, 02:28 PM   #4816
tadbart
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060
Any thoughts on SPCE?
tadbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2020, 02:47 PM   #4817
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
I sold DKNG

Quote:
This has me concerned.

About my fantasy league.

and my DKNG position.
If NFL goes down, that’s a problem. I sold first, will ask questions later. Can always get back in later.
scarlet knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2020, 02:48 PM   #4818
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
Just went up like 20%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadbart View Post
Any thoughts on SPCE?
A good speculative play. HR or SO, I guess. Not for widows and orphans.
scarlet knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2020, 02:59 PM   #4819
-dustin

Futures didn’t approve of that thing that happened tonight. Tomorrow should be...entertaining.
-dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2020, 08:46 PM   #4820
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I prefer to do my own research and seek out good investments. ETF's give you the good with the bad and you need to look at the portfolio makeup as there could be outsized positions within.

Quote:
Exactly

Quote:
Futures didn’t approve of that thing that happened tonight. Tomorrow should be...entertaining.
That was a known outcome, I am more concerned about the next 4 months.

I remain long term bullish but I am not adding anything here as I believe the volatility that could arise from world events could be serious.

Trump vs. Biden, Disney, Palantir, Boeing - 5 Things You Must Know Wednesday

https://www.thestreet.com/markets/5-...dnesday-093020
Old 30 September 2020, 10:09 PM   #4821
KaVo8
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes, Please!
Does anyone here know what caused AXTI volatility on Tuesday? I tried to search but could not come up with any news. Tia

Old 30 September 2020, 10:10 PM   #4822
JParm

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/wh...S%3D1601467534

Billionaire says there are 3 different markets, and I tend to agree (FAANG, Robinhood stocks, and the rest of the market).

I continue to be very heavy in that first market / digital transformation stocks.

Quote:
The first market is what he would call the FAANG market — companies like Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Netflix, and Google, the technology heavyweights that benefit from the COVID-19 disruptions. “Those stocks, to a degree, are better than gold. They are selling at very rich valuations, but if you look at interest rates, they’re not expensive
Old 30 September 2020, 10:20 PM   #4823
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Does anyone here know what caused AXTI volatility on Tuesday? I tried to search but could not come up with any news. Tia

The stock is a very thinly traded stock with little float and 5.6% short interest. It would not take much to move the stock and it could easily reverse in the same way.

It may have gotten a pop from the Semi space and people looking for a low priced stock to throw money at.
Old 30 September 2020, 10:55 PM   #4824
derekhayden
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor BBGMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7sins View Post
Happy to write a writeup for anyone who is interested and share more on option trading.
I would be interested in learning more strategies for option trading. I have been actively trading for a couple years but most my option plays I would call more luck than strategy.
derekhayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2020, 10:56 PM   #4825
beshannon
"TRF" Member

ADP numbers up more than expected, futures have turned positive

https://seekingalpha.com/news/361835...estimates-100k

Definitely not chasing this as those numbers could easily go back down next month. BEst case is that we churn in a trading range here
Old 30 September 2020, 10:59 PM   #4826
JParm

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekhayden View Post
I would be interested in learning more strategies for option trading. I have been actively trading for a couple years but most my option plays I would call more luck than strategy.
I'll second that.

At the very least, it's more knowledge to put into the toolbox.
Old 30 September 2020, 11:53 PM   #4827
mbalmz

Quote:
That is certainly subjective and relative. For an active ETF generating true alpha, 75BP is very inexpensive. Yes, lower cost passive ETFs exist, however they only look to replicate an index, that is not what ARK does. YTD, ARKF is positive 31%, more than happy to pay 75bp for that performance. Compared to L/S funds that charge twice as much with half the amount of performance, if not less.

Cathy Woods used to be the PM at the Asset Manager I work for and is an incredible PM if you can handle the ride. No hesitation.
I don't necessarily disagree and I happily hold ARK etfs myself; I just think the expense ratio is relevant to the question re: ARKF vs. particular fintech stocks--YTD the individual stocks mentioned in the question are up quite a bit as well so I don't really think the etf performance figure is indicative on either the original question or the relevance of the expense ratio.

I have loads of respect for Cathy Woods and attentively follow her twitter feed.
___

instagram: @brooklynwatchguy
mbalmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2020, 12:01 AM   #4828
JParm

Quote:
I don't necessarily disagree and I happily hold ARK etfs myself; I just think the expense ratio is relevant to the question re: ARKF vs. particular fintech stocks--YTD the individual stocks mentioned in the question are up quite a bit as well so I don't really think the etf performance figure is indicative on either the original question or the relevance of the expense ratio.

I have loads of respect for Cathy Woods and attentively follow her twitter feed.
I'm also a stock-picker vs. ETF investor for part of our portfolio (we have mutual funds for the safer side).

I also respect ARK and I think you can use their holdings as a gauge to see which of the companies you'd rather own.

I'm more of a "pick your winners and stick to them" type of investor; I'm only in 9 stocks at the moment and my Fintech holding is SQ. I truly believe in the company strategy and where they're headed, and the diversification comes in through stocks in other industries, not in other companies within the same space.
Old 1 October 2020, 12:06 AM   #4829
Kliminator
2024 Pledge Member

What do folks here think of servicenow (NOW)?
Kliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2020, 12:18 AM   #4830
JParm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliminator View Post
What do folks here think of servicenow (NOW)?
We're incorporating NOW into our workspace...not sure how I feel about it just yet. As for the stock, it has run up pretty quick, which isn't that different from other software plays - I would just rather place my money elsewhere.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/361844...ship-tyto-care

More bullishness for AMWL. Good base formed near the $28 level, IMO.