The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

View Poll Results: Tudor GMT owners date wheel experience
My Date works just fine thanks 136 41.59%
My Date has obvious issues 75 22.94%
I'm unsure 116 35.47%
Voters: 327. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25 September 2018, 04:08 AM   #121
|404|
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearChart View Post
Funny how you took away the informative stuff in my post. Yet you were bashing the movement as inferior in your previous posts as well.

You can dislike Tudor, that is completely fine. But you are the childish one here, bashing the brand in every post for no reason.

Keep it up, you won't last long this way.
He didn't reply to my Blanc Pain Fifty Fathoms "Knock off" post either... I think he's just a troll and we're feeding it. Tbh, Just gonna ignore his posts. Trolls gonna troll / potatoes gonna potate.
|404| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2018, 04:17 AM   #122
Snow-Dweller
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: collections change
Quote:
Keep it up, you won't last long this way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshwatchman View Post
You are obviously aware that Tudor is a brand of Rolex SA.

Calling a Tudor a "knock off" Rolex is just you using words in a non standard fashion.

I wonder what's the point of you being here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by |404| View Post
He didn't reply to my Blanc Pain Fifty Fathoms "Knock off" post either... I think he's just a troll and we're feeding it. Tbh, Just gonna ignore his posts. Trolls gonna troll / potatoes gonna potate.
If you want to waste a few minutes then have a look at his posts over the last few months. They couldn’t be described as either intelligent or charming!

16803. 16570. 18038. 114300. BB58. GMW-B5000D.
Snow-Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2018, 06:28 AM   #123
Locust
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
He doesn't seem to understand that rolex and tudor are made in the same place....
Locust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2018, 06:29 AM   #124
Locust
"TRF" Member

Back on topic. Looking like almost 33% of these GMTs are having issues.....not good.
Old 25 September 2018, 07:50 AM   #125
jaySL350
"TRF" Member

Watch: BBG,Hulk,16013,DJB
Collected iat the start of June ,,,
No issues and the most accurate piece I have ever owned,,,
jaySL350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2018, 09:41 AM   #126
josephvman
Banned

That's assuming that nobody who voted no-issue didn't later develop one. It seems like most of the issues show up 1 week-1 month after getting the watch. I noticed the issue 4-5 days after i got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locust View Post
Back on topic. Looking like almost 33% of these GMTs are having issues.....not good.
josephvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2018, 10:05 AM   #127
JP(Canada)
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephvman View Post
That's assuming that nobody who voted no-issue didn't later develop one. It seems like most of the issues show up 1 week-1 month after getting the watch. I noticed the issue 4-5 days after i got it.
The poll is somewhat skewed, for various reasons. Nonetheless, I think everyone can agree that there have been several owners disappointed, even in this relatively small sampling, and that's a shame. However, over the years, I recall other fine timepieces that went through similar issues that were quickly sorted out. Let's hope this is the case here, because it's a fantastic watch, make no mistake.
Old 25 September 2018, 11:25 AM   #128
Bluside
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephvman View Post
I originally voted no, but later had the issue on both of mine. There is no way to change my vote.
Bluside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2018, 12:02 PM   #129
Locust
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluside View Post
I originally voted no, but later had the issue on both of mine. There is no way to change my vote.
They should recall at this point.
Old 25 September 2018, 12:48 PM   #130
peterpl
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluside View Post
So I take it there are still new ones being sold with the defective movement. I think they should recall all of them.

I would hope all the new ones shipping from the factory are updated and fixed - the problem is global and wide enough now with so many customers affected. Imagine they are still shipping defective movements and waiting for the customer to come back to RSC. That would be real bad.
peterpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2018, 12:52 PM   #131
tudorbaja27
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor & Cartier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locust View Post
Assuming a sample size of 170 is representative of all GMTs sold so far. Which may or may not be true. Certainly an issue though
Old 25 September 2018, 01:14 PM   #132
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
This is pretty rampant issue. Have a friend that had to send his back in almost right away. Think of the other few my AD has sold couple of them had to go back as well.

This is definitely not good. Glad I waited I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2018, 02:58 PM   #133
SearChart
TechXpert

If I get one in I'll make sure to document the repair for TRF
SearChart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2018, 06:20 PM   #134
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Now that kangajack has been removed from forum lets get this Tudor date problem into perspective.If I remember the Rolex cal 3186 had a similar problem but soon fixed, but today many just look at threads wearing Rolex blinkered glasses, and like knackerjack just love to bash Tudor.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2018, 07:45 PM   #135
Oscarpapa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Now that kangajack has been removed from forum lets get this Tudor date problem into perspective.If I remember the Rolex cal 3186 had a similar problem but soon fixed, but today many just look at threads wearing Rolex blinkered glasses, and like knackerjack just love to bash Tudor.
Well said.
Oscarpapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2018, 07:46 PM   #136
Snow-Dweller
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Well played Peter.

As for Tudor....I was put off for years by the snowflake hands, but now I’m a complete convert. I’ve had my GMT for almost 2 months now, and I absolutely love it. I’m lucky....my date function is working perfectly (so far). Whilst this problem is as unfortunate as it is unacceptable, I have no doubt that it will be sorted out.

Meanwhile, that BB Chrono is singing loudly....

Old 25 September 2018, 07:47 PM   #137
Oscarpapa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
If I get one in I'll make sure to document the repair for TRF
That would be great, to get an expert's perspective on the issue.
Old 25 September 2018, 07:56 PM   #138
Oscarpapa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow-Dweller View Post
Well played Peter.

As for Tudor....I was put off for years by the snowflake hands, but now I’m a complete convert. I’ve had my GMT for almost 2 months now, and I absolutely love it. I’m lucky....my date function is working perfectly (so far). Whilst this problem is as unfortunate as it is unacceptable, I have no doubt that it will be sorted out.

Meanwhile, that BB Chrono is singing loudly....
Like you I also didn't like the snowflake hands until I saw them in the flesh on a Pelagos in a local AD and was really surprised by how much I liked them, they give a unique and individualistic look to the watch.
Old 25 September 2018, 11:12 PM   #139
tudorbaja27
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor & Cartier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscarpapa View Post
Like you I also didn't like the snowflake hands until I saw them in the flesh on a Pelagos in a local AD and was really surprised by how much I liked them, they give a unique and individualistic look to the watch.
I may be in the minority - but one of the main reasons I bought my BBR is because of the snowflake hands and clean dial
Old 26 September 2018, 02:06 AM   #140
etp
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116500LN
It would be interesting to see when the watches with issues were purchased. From this thread, it appears the ones with issues were the very first batch released.

My logic is the issues all popped weeks/month+ ago. From the two ADs in the US that I buy Tudors from - both had received a single GMT prior to Sept. Guessing those came from the same batch. In addition, I went to a Tudor GMT event with the Tudor CEO in June. That was the first GMT in the US (per the event). So this "first batch" would be July/Aug - roughly the time frame of when the date issues were popping up.

My GMT came in the first week of Sept - guessing the second batch to the US. I've had no issues whatsoever.

So my two questions -
* If you have an issue, when did you buy yours?
* Has any watch purchased after Sept 1 had any issues?

My hypothesis - the first batch had an issue, it was corrected and hasn't been seen since. My concerns is that the thread, while initially incredibly helpful, is becoming more fear mongering. That is less helpful and causing unnecessary frustration.
etp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2018, 02:24 AM   #141
derekhayden
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor BBGMT
I had the issue but it has since been resolved by RSC....at least so far. My purchase date was June 21st.
derekhayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2018, 02:25 AM   #142
Snow-Dweller
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etp View Post
It would be interesting to see when the watches with issues were purchased. From this thread, it appears the ones with issues were the very first batch released.

My logic is the issues all popped weeks/month+ ago. From the two ADs in the US that I buy Tudors from - both had received a single GMT prior to Sept. Guessing those came from the same batch. In addition, I went to a Tudor GMT event with the Tudor CEO in June. That was the first GMT in the US (per the event). So this "first batch" would be July/Aug - roughly the time frame of when the date issues were popping up.

My GMT came in the first week of Sept - guessing the second batch to the US. I've had no issues whatsoever.

So my two questions -
* If you have an issue, when did you buy yours?
* Has any watch purchased after Sept 1 had any issues?

My hypothesis - the first batch had an issue, it was corrected and hasn't been seen since. My concerns is that the thread, while initially incredibly helpful, is becoming more fear mongering. That is less helpful and causing unnecessary frustration.

Your theory may well be correct. I got mine in Geneva on 3rd August and I know that it was delivered to the AD the day before. It’s working perfectly (touch wood).

Somebody tried to track the serial numbers in one of these threads, but I don’t think it taught us anything.

Old 26 September 2018, 02:53 AM   #143
VanAdian
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSOTM
Purchased mine new from AD in Tampa, Florida on June 14th, and no issues yet. I have purposefully run it a full 1.5 months even though it hasn't been a daily wear- the end of this month will be the 2nd continuous monthly cycle- and haven't had any date issues. Time keeping is consistently +2/3s/d.
VanAdian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2018, 03:23 AM   #144
I_am_Ned
"TRF" Member

Warranty Card dated June 27th, 2018, from Canada. I've owned the watch for two months today, no date issue yet, and runs +/- 2 spd at the worst for a net change in two months of 0 using positions when off wrist...which isn't often.

No offense to the Kanga dude, but I just got rid of my 2018 Rolex because it wasn't as accurate, wasn't as fun to wear, and...well...I wasn't wearing it as a result. In all fairness to that beautiful DJ 41, I would have worn the heck out of it if I didn't have a Tudor BB GMT.

I'm still expecting a date issue to pop up. I guess.
I_am_Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2018, 03:24 AM   #145
|404|
Banned

I'm going to buy one, waiting for the popularity to die down and going to pick up one for a 2nd hand discount in the next year or so :)

I really love it, the Snowflake hands are <3

The GMT and Bezel are also just beautiful.

That said, if they release a 58 version GMT, I'll probably just buy one new!
Also, a date window without the Cyclops! I know its subjective... and to be honest on a Rolex I don't mind it too much as it is quite iconic. But I am so glad that Tudor do not use cyclops(i? is?) haha
|404| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2018, 03:45 AM   #146
Droolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: RG SeaQ Pano date
Got mine July 5th. No date issues so far and I can echo the comments above stating the impeccable accuracy of the watch.
Droolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2018, 03:46 AM   #147
lucky_me
"TRF" Member

I had the date issue 2 days after I bought the watch. Ran the date wheel for 2 months and I had been using the watch continuously for almost a month now. So far, I did not experience the date problem again. The watch also runs very accurate and has only gained 5 secs since then.
lucky_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2018, 04:01 AM   #148
SG56
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: SD4K
June 19th here.
Yacht-Master 268622 - the chick version
Speedy Mitsukoshi <3
Tag Heuer Aquaracer WAF141C.BA0824 - the chick version

Thank you logan5tx!!! Have to link it. Too long for the signature.
https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...0&postcount=14
SG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2018, 05:59 AM   #149
Locust
"TRF" Member

Mine was purchased August 11th. The AD received it on the 7th. I had the issue right away and than was fine til last week. Just took her in today. The watch runs within -1 sec/day. It is CRAZY accurate. I love it. Not sad I bought it. That’s why there’s a warranty. But I think it’s important for people to be aware. If I were a betting man I would put money on the ones coming out now and on will have no issues. But even if there are, sounds like RSC is fixing them really fast.
Old 26 September 2018, 08:55 AM   #150
etp
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116500LN
Thanks guys for the replies. Definitely not conclusive, but with the replies so far, it would seem the hypothesis stands.

1st batch GMTs had date issue (incredibly small number of watches that are already sold)
2nd batch+ are all good

Go forth and buy without worry!

Rocked mine today and loved it
etp is offline   Reply With Quote