The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

View Poll Results: Tudor GMT owners date wheel experience
My Date works just fine thanks 136 41.59%
My Date has obvious issues 75 22.94%
I'm unsure 116 35.47%
Voters: 327. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22 September 2018, 11:21 PM   #91
kangajack
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG56 View Post
OMG are you a funny one

I’m sorry you don’t like my opinion. But the facts are quite clear. Tudor has no history of a GMT until Basel ‘18 when they released a GMT II knockoff.

Thanks for calling me childish names. I guess I’ll need to resort to the childhood response of, “I’m rubber, you’re glue. Whatever you say, bounces off me and sticks to you.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
kangajack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2018, 07:07 AM   #92
madkimchee
"TRF" Member

I’ve had mine long enough now that I think it is safe to say I do not have the date issue.

<knocking vigorously on wood>
madkimchee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2018, 07:14 AM   #93
Snow-Dweller
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: collections change
Quote:
Originally Posted by madkimchee View Post
I’ve had mine long enough now that I think it is safe to say I do not have the date issue.

<knocking vigorously on wood>
How long have you had it?

16803. 16570. 18038. 114300. BB58. GMW-B5000D.
Snow-Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2018, 09:48 PM   #94
Oscarpapa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangajack View Post
Because it’s a Tudor, not a Rolex. Sure Tudor is owned by Rolex, but if you want Rolex quality, buy a Rolex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
They overpaid trying to find a cheap way into a Rolex GMT II. Tudor isn’t Rolex.

Quote:
Not the “take” at all. It’s simple... if they want a Rolex, buy a Rolex instead of a GMT II knockoff expecting the same quality movement.

Those ignorant and superior/snobbish comments are the reason some people have a problem with Rolex owners.
Oscarpapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2018, 12:22 AM   #95
madkimchee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow-Dweller View Post
How long have you had it?

Around 4 weeks now.
Old 24 September 2018, 12:37 AM   #96
kangajack
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscarpapa View Post
Those ignorant and superior/snobbish comments are the reason some people have a problem with Rolex owners.

Nothing ignorant or snobbish about the comments. They are based on reality. The Tudor BB GMT is a knockoff of the Rolex GMT II. If the comment is not based in reality, please link me to a historical Tudor GMT.

You won’t do so because you can’t do so. The Tudor is cheap knockoff of the Rolex.

Old 24 September 2018, 12:43 AM   #97
Snow-Dweller
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Around 4 weeks now.

I’ve had mine for 7 weeks now, and I’m starting to allow myself to believe the same as you....

Old 24 September 2018, 01:02 AM   #98
Snow-Dweller
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I’m sorry you don’t like my opinion. But the facts are quite clear. Tudor has no history of a GMT until Basel ‘18 when they released a GMT II knockoff.

Thanks for calling me childish names. I guess I’ll need to resort to the childhood response of, “I’m rubber, you’re glue. Whatever you say, bounces off me and sticks to you.”

Quote:
Because it’s a Tudor, not a Rolex. Sure Tudor is owned by Rolex, but if you want Rolex quality, buy a Rolex.

Quote:
Not the “take” at all. It’s simple... if they want a Rolex, buy a Rolex instead of a GMT II knockoff expecting the same quality movement.

Quote:
Nothing ignorant or snobbish about the comments. They are based on reality. The Tudor BB GMT is a knockoff of the Rolex GMT II. If the comment is not based in reality, please link me to a historical Tudor GMT.

You won’t do so because you can’t do so. The Tudor is cheap knockoff of the Rolex.

Quote:
They overpaid trying to find a cheap way into a Rolex GMT II. Tudor isn’t Rolex.

Your opinions are almost as bad as your manner of expressing them.

I’ve just had a quick look through your posts over the last few months. Tudor bashing and general negativity make up the majority. How sad.

Old 24 September 2018, 01:09 AM   #99
|404|
Banned

Quote:

You sir are very rude, and you are also incredibly ignorant. Not only ignorant, but suffering from delusions of grandeur.

If you think that Rolex are something special in their movement department, then you're due a very rude awakening once you discover the likes of JLC. That's before moving onto the big boys @ PP / VC / AP / A.L&S.

The reason I avoided Rolex for so long is because of people like you. You think are a special snowflake for having a Rolex. That's why, I chose 2 Pateks, JLC and several other luxury brands before indulging in Rolex.

Rolex are not pushing tourbs... or pushing anything spectacular in their movements. What they are pushing are quite reliable movements. 10 year service interval is quite nice. But they didn't get to be reliable overnight... there's a reason they update their movements so infrequently.

However, for you to look down on Tudor is ridiculous. This is a new movement for them, and sure it's not great that this issue has occurred. But to ridicule the watches for being like for like replicas is beyond insanity.

Did you know the Submariner is a rip off of the Blanc Pain Fifty Fathoms? No you probably didn't.

Anyway, I feel awful for even talking to you, brought me to your level of snobbery. Disgusting.

Also the word Snob - comes from the phrase "Sin Nobility" - without nobility. Congrats on being a true snob.
|404| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2018, 01:09 AM   #100
SG56
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: SD4K
Quote:
Around 4 weeks now.
Quote:
I’ve had mine for 7 weeks now, and I’m starting to allow myself to believe the same as you....
Happened here after 8 weeks.
Fingers crossed, but you're not out of the bubble just yet

Quote:
Your opinions are almost as bad as your manner of expressing them.

I’ve just had a quick look through your posts over the last few months. Tudor bashing and general negativity make up the majority. How sad.
Don't even waste words..
Yacht-Master 268622 - the chick version
Speedy Mitsukoshi <3
Tag Heuer Aquaracer WAF141C.BA0824 - the chick version

Thank you logan5tx!!! Have to link it. Too long for the signature.
https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...0&postcount=14
SG56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2018, 01:25 AM   #101
JP(Canada)
"TRF" Member

Seven weeks and when I woke up, it showed the 23rd today...

Still, the most accurate watch I have, and I've got some great watches.

Wrist snap...sweater weather in Calgary came about two months early...

Old 24 September 2018, 01:29 AM   #102
Snow-Dweller
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Thanks! Fingers crossed.

Old 24 September 2018, 03:31 AM   #103
Oscarpapa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by |404| View Post
You sir are very rude, and you are also incredibly ignorant. Not only ignorant, but suffering from delusions of grandeur.

If you think that Rolex are something special in their movement department, then you're due a very rude awakening once you discover the likes of JLC. That's before moving onto the big boys @ PP / VC / AP / A.L&S.

The reason I avoided Rolex for so long is because of people like you. You think are a special snowflake for having a Rolex. That's why, I chose 2 Pateks, JLC and several other luxury brands before indulging in Rolex.

Rolex are not pushing tourbs... or pushing anything spectacular in their movements. What they are pushing are quite reliable movements. 10 year service interval is quite nice. But they didn't get to be reliable overnight... there's a reason they update their movements so infrequently.

However, for you to look down on Tudor is ridiculous. This is a new movement for them, and sure it's not great that this issue has occurred. But to ridicule the watches for being like for like replicas is beyond insanity.

Did you know the Submariner is a rip off of the Blanc Pain Fifty Fathoms? No you probably didn't.

Anyway, I feel awful for even talking to you, brought me to your level of snobbery. Disgusting.

Also the word Snob - comes from the phrase "Sin Nobility" - without nobility. Congrats on being a true snob.
Good post James.
Old 24 September 2018, 05:24 AM   #104
madkimchee
"TRF" Member

Quote:

In the words of Michael Corleone,

Old 24 September 2018, 01:14 PM   #105
kangajack
Banned

Tudor GMT date issues poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by |404| View Post

Haha... Your feelings are irrelevant. They aren’t facts. What is relevant however is the simple and clear fact that the Tudor GMT is a knock-off GMT Master. I never claimed them to be “replicas”. But they are in fact knock-offs.

And just to be clear, the eight paragraphs of nonsense you took the time to write don’t explain how the Tudor GMT isn’t a knock-off of the GMT Master. I think delusions of grandeur may be a better diagnoses of you. Haha. Thanks for the laugh.

Old 24 September 2018, 03:31 PM   #106
easterbunny
"TRF" Member

Also 4-5 weeks in with no issue on mine. Also one of the most accurate watches I've had the pleasure of owning.
easterbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2018, 03:41 PM   #107
peterpl
Banned

Do you think all the affected ones are now repaired and the new ones being sold all have the fixes?

I'm thinking of buying one for my little brother but I dont want to if its still got this issue. Rolex took longer than this to fix all the DD40 date change issues. Even my DD40 bought end of 2016 had issues and the DD40 was released beginning 2015 so it probably took a good 1.5 - 2 yrs to until all the newly sold ones had the fix.
peterpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2018, 10:20 PM   #108
SG56
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: SD4K
Quote:
Haha... Your feelings are irrelevant. They aren’t facts. What is relevant however is the simple and clear fact that the Tudor GMT is a knock-off GMT Master. I never claimed them to be “replicas”. But they are in fact knock-offs.

And just to be clear, the eight paragraphs of nonsense you took the time to write don’t explain how the Tudor GMT isn’t a knock-off of the GMT Master. I think delusions of grandeur may be a better diagnoses of you. Haha. Thanks for the laugh.

Yeah kids, this happens when Tudor is just not quite enough to compensate..

There, I wasted words again
Yacht-Master 268622 - the chick version
Speedy Mitsukoshi <3
Tag Heuer Aquaracer WAF141C.BA0824 - the chick version

Thank you logan5tx!!! Have to link it. Too long for the signature.
https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...0&postcount=14
SG56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2018, 10:34 PM   #109
Raza_actual
"TRF" Member

Watch: Monaco
Well, as I plan on getting one in the next week or two, this has me very nervous. I guess that’s why you buy from an AD.
Old 24 September 2018, 10:45 PM   #110
I_am_Ned
"TRF" Member

Two months of ownership tomorrow and no date issue, no issue at all, other than my other watches are being ignored.
I_am_Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2018, 10:48 PM   #111
Raza_actual
"TRF" Member

Watch: Monaco
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpl View Post
Do you think all the affected ones are now repaired and the new ones being sold all have the fixes?

I'm thinking of buying one for my little brother but I dont want to if its still got this issue. Rolex took longer than this to fix all the DD40 date change issues. Even my DD40 bought end of 2016 had issues and the DD40 was released beginning 2015 so it probably took a good 1.5 - 2 yrs to until all the newly sold ones had the fix.
I certainly hope so. I’m planning on wearing it as my only watch when I go traveling for two weeks in November, I’d hate for it to pop up while I’m away. Or before, so I’d have to send it in and not have it for the trip.
Old 25 September 2018, 12:43 AM   #112
Locust
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Quote:

Didn't start this thread to let your trolling take it over. Go away. Your opinions are silly at best.
Locust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2018, 01:22 AM   #113
Oscarpapa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yeah kids, this happens when Tudor is just not quite enough to compensate..

There, I wasted words again
Haha. Good one.
Old 25 September 2018, 01:30 AM   #114
R!$
Banned

Hopefully its not an issue for everyone
R!$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2018, 01:43 AM   #115
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:

Hmm, what about premature rotor axle wear on tons of 31ืื calibers from Rolex, and the 3186 GMT spring that breaks randomly?

Any new type of movement be it ETA, Rolex, Patek can have a problem/design flaw. All brands have had plenty of mess-ups over the decades...

Your so called 'facts' are just bashing Tudor without backing it up, because you think it is a knock-off.
SearChart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2018, 02:27 AM   #116
Oscarpapa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearChart View Post
Hmm, what about premature rotor axle wear on tons of 31ืื calibers from Rolex, and the 3186 GMT spring that breaks randomly?

Any new type of movement be it ETA, Rolex, Patek can have a problem/design flaw. All brands have had plenty of mess-ups over the decades...

Your so called 'facts' are just bashing Tudor without backing it up, because you think it is a knock-off.
Good post Bas.
Old 25 September 2018, 02:40 AM   #117
bcat37645
"TRF" Member

Watch: SubC, 116610LN
Quote:

Perspective from someone who knows.
bcat37645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2018, 03:49 AM   #118
kangajack
Banned

Quote:

Ummm.... I don’t “think” it’s a knock-off. It is a knock-off. And all of the childish knee jerk reactions towards me don’t change that simple reality.

Thanks for the note though.

Old 25 September 2018, 04:05 AM   #119
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Ummm.... I don’t “think” it’s a knock-off. It is a knock-off. And all of the childish knee jerk reactions towards me don’t change that simple reality.

Funny how you took away the informative stuff in my post. Yet you were bashing the movement as inferior in your previous posts as well.

You can dislike Tudor, that is completely fine. But you are the childish one here, bashing the brand in every post for no reason.

Keep it up, you won't last long this way.
SearChart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2018, 04:08 AM   #120
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

Quote:

You are obviously aware that Tudor is a brand of Rolex SA.

Calling a Tudor a "knock off" Rolex is just you using words in a non standard fashion.

I wonder what's the point of you being here.