The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 29 May 2009, 06:23 AM   #1
vitix
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116500LN
Tag heuer Review

i onw a couple of tag heuers but my english is not very good to write a review... so be welcome to write reviews about this good timepieces

Rolex Submariner Date 16610 Z series / DSSD / GMT MII BNLR / Daytona 116500LN
Tag Heuer Grand Carrera Calibre 17 / Formula 1 Orange dial

Panerai Luminor Power Reserve / PAM49
vitix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2009, 09:00 AM   #2
jtbold
"TRF" Member

there is a Tag outlet store near my house

here in Orlando, I keep getting tempted to pick one up. The display models from other stores are sent here and are a great buy.
jtbold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2009, 02:25 PM   #3
asadtiger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tissot PRX
hey it would be sweet of someone if someone does write a review here as Victor asked :) I dont own a TAG but their carrera line is hot and the Monaco blue dial is different and vintagish
asadtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2009, 06:37 AM   #4
j1crimmins
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060, IWC
Grand Carrera

How do you like your GC?
j1crimmins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2009, 01:42 PM   #5
senorpdog
"TRF" Member

I love my GC it's a great watch
senorpdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2009, 07:13 PM   #6
blackmsport
Banned

likewise wish they make smaller version for asian small wrist
blackmsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2009, 03:33 PM   #7
lavaman
Banned

Watch: what happens next
A quick review of my TAG, after 12 years....

(sorry no pics)

My first "real" watch was a TAG Heuer 1500 quartz, s/s, with blue face, the predescessor to the current Aquaracer.

I wanted just the "basic" watch. Didnt want an automatic b/c I feared the headaches. Didnt want a chronograph b/c I figured that a watch case was like a submarine: the fewer holes, the better. I just wanted something simple that wouldn't go out of style.

So...

Since 1997, it has been around the world with me. It basically never leaves my wrist. It has been in the shower, in the pool, in the ocean, and around the planet. I have worn it while rockclimbing, martial arts, mountainbike racing, doing triathlons, on duty for 9 years in emergency services (police/ems), you name it. It has taken everything I can throw at it and never let me down.

except...

Gripes? (Only cosmetic!)
(1) Somehow, one time the clasp got bent and I had to have it replaced. That's the -only- time it was ever out of commission (and I still dont know how that one happened). Notice it was a bent clasp, and nothing to do with the timepiece itself.

(2) The glow-in-the-dark-illumination stuff has worn down to almost nothing, but I am told that was common back then. Still looks fine, but "Dont try to read it in the dark, 007!"

Services? Last time was in 2005. So, a couple of batteries, and that's it. Keeps great time, and not a scratch on it. Recently, I ran a Cape Cod cloth over it and now it looks like it's been chromed. Amazing.

I can honestly say that it is one of my two most treasured possessions and I will be thrilled to give it to my son one day.

I tell everyone to try Tag Heuer. If I had the means, I would give them to several of my friends from college and law school. They are incredible watches, and while I also own an Omega, they compliment each other, but do not replace each other. In fact, I am now shopping for an f1 chronograph, since I can't afford am Omega Speedy just yet.
lavaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2009, 03:06 AM   #8
asadtiger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tissot PRX
awesome story lavaman...it weill be great when one day you give it to your son...plz share some pics
asadtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2009, 09:30 AM   #9
lavaman
Banned

Picture 013.jpg

Sorry, image quality suffers when you compress the file to fit on forum (at my subscriber level). I will try again (and read the "photo tips thread" too)
Old 29 December 2009, 09:47 AM   #10
esm
"TRF" Member

Watch: this, bro...
don't mind the TAG personally, but the wifey hates them with a passion (same reason why JJ hates a Rado).

I have an old Tag formula 1 200m watch from the early 90s. I still wear it from time to time.
esm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2009, 11:49 AM   #11
lavaman
Banned

Ok, been meaning to ask: Why DOES JJ hate Rado?
Old 10 January 2010, 08:59 AM   #12
lavaman
Banned

OK, actually you can see a much better pic in the "Non-Rolex" gallery under "The Lads"
Old 10 January 2010, 10:03 AM   #13
Rags
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16233,16610,214270
I have a aquaracer with a black dial & looking to pick up one with a blue dial.. I don't understand why people hate Tags so much.

114300 Oyster Perpetual
76200 Tudor Date+Day
Rags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2010, 10:36 AM   #14
solaraxis
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
Just bought a diamond Monaco for the wife. Its great, so far so good. I have worn Tag in the past and I like them. Considering getting a Grand Carrera.
solaraxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2010, 04:50 PM   #15
AAMD11
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega Worldtimer
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavaman View Post
Ok, been meaning to ask: Why DOES JJ hate Rado?
yeah?
AAMD11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2010, 02:35 PM   #16
Kanger
Banned

Watch: Sea Dweller
Here is my take on TAG Heuer. I have owned only one TAG, and it was the Grand Carrera 6RS on brown alligator strap. I was only 17 when I bought it (19 now), and because I was quite clueless about things like online watch stores or TRF where I can get discounts, I paid full retail at Tourneau. The watch is nice and it keeps time pretty well. The TAG gained about 1 second daily. The one thing about TAG that would seriously impede my buying another one is this: its resale value. I paid $3500 for it, and a year later sold it for $1500 on Amazon, which after commission was like $1300 :( That taught me a lesson about watch resale values, and it's why I wear a Rolex Sub Date now and will only wear Rolexes from now on. TAGs are great watches. I mean, the Grand Carrera had 31 jewels, perlage, 28800 vph, and was just beautiful. In fact, they have a full line of smooth 28800 watches (Carrera among others) which are quite affordable. So if you are looking for craftsmanship only, TAG will not let you down. But IMO, if I had say 2000 to spend, I would buy an Omega right away instead of a TAG. In all, a TAG is great if you don't care about the resale value. Hope I was helpful :)
Kanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2010, 12:44 PM   #17
hhinger
"TRF" Member

I have a TAG Grand Carrera 6RS too, Black dial, it's great sport watch, but I am still longing for a Rolex Air King now.
sigh...still need more green back.
hhinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2010, 06:16 PM   #18
lorsban
"TRF" Member

I've had about 4 Tags starting from the predecessor of the new formula 1 series out now. It was blue, quartz. Next was another model from the same line, with a steel strap and fully luminous dial, next was my first auto and then the last one, professional series, also an auto.

Don't know the names because Tag has so many models that look similar: steel, rotating bezel, 200 meters water proof etc...I mean, it's only now that they're coming up with clearly differentiated lines with the Link, Formula 1, Carrera, Aquaracer, Monaco etc...

I think they make great watches. The only reason why the resale is so low is because they're so readily accessible to begin with. I mean, I was only a kid when I got my first Tag. It wasn't that expensive and they're all over the place.

As far as quality goes, they're the same as any other watch. I mean, give me a Tag now and I bet it'll hold up just as well as my other watches. But give it to a teenager to use as a main watch and you'll definitely see a hell of a lot of wear and tear.

I like the old and new Aquaracer, grand Carrera and their Twin-Time Carrera is very cool.
Old 2 April 2010, 06:16 PM   #19
lorsban
"TRF" Member

I've had about 4 Tags starting from the predecessor of the new formula 1 series out now. It was blue, quartz. Next was another model from the same line, with a steel strap and fully luminous dial, next was my first auto and then the last one, professional series, also an auto.

Don't know the names because Tag has so many models that look similar: steel, rotating bezel, 200 meters water proof etc...I mean, it's only now that they're coming up with clearly differentiated lines with the Link, Formula 1, Carrera, Aquaracer, Monaco etc...

I think they make great watches. The only reason why the resale is so low is because they're so readily accessible to begin with. I mean, I was only a kid when I got my first Tag. It wasn't that expensive and they're all over the place.

As far as quality goes, they're the same as any other watch. I mean, give me a Tag now and I bet it'll hold up just as well as my other watches. But give it to a teenager to use as a main watch and you'll definitely see a hell of a lot of wear and tear.

I like the old and new Aquaracer, grand Carrera and their Twin-Time Carrera is very cool.
Old 2 April 2010, 09:39 PM   #20
lorsban
"TRF" Member

Mods,

Kindly delete double post.
Old 23 April 2010, 05:54 AM   #21
SeekerOfJustice

Watch: Tag Heuer
I will jump in on the reviews of Tag Heuer. I received a Tag Heuer Aquaracer WN1111 white dial, for graduation from law school back in 2004. Have worn it ever since nearly daily. It has received only one service during this time with one battery change. Love this watch. Was my first very nice watch with a swiss movement. The one prior to that was a Citizen Eco Drive and I still have that as well too.

The greatest thing is the accuracy. I set it months ago and it is currently only 30 seconds fast. Extremely good timepiece here. Love the simple style as well. Sure takes a lickin and keeps on tickn. Will post some shots later. Thanks.
SeekerOfJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2010, 11:49 AM   #22
SeekerOfJustice

Watch: Tag Heuer

SeekerOfJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2010, 12:03 PM   #23
Mamaseta

Watch: SS Midsize DJ
I have a midsize aquaracer, I love it - keeps perfect time.
Mamaseta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2010, 07:43 PM   #24
blackmsport
Banned

anyone here owns a Monza Chronograph

Love that watch.... best looking Tag
blackmsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2010, 12:12 AM   #25
TRankin
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610 Submariner
I've had a Tag for over twelve years. I've had it serviced twice and have never had a problem. It looks and runs great. It is a super everyday watch. However, I eventually hope to replace it with an Omega SMP.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tag Heuer 1.jpg (53.6 KB, 4752 views)
TRankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2010, 11:32 AM   #26
Hooper
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
I love my 6000 series professional. Ive owned it for 10 years since new and love it. Its been a tank and has been on my wrist everywhere ! It never left my wrist, until I bought a Rolex Submariner, I still where it as my get down and dirty watch. Ive got nothing but good things to say about Tags
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hawaii 2012 548.jpg (68.8 KB, 4739 views)
Hooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2010, 05:31 PM   #27
andrew79
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Mine... aquaracer.... love it still.... always have wrist time every 2 days
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TAG aquaracer.jpg (78.9 KB, 4712 views)
andrew79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2010, 03:05 AM   #28
Addisonz123
"TRF" Member

I just recived my first Tag Formula 1 Alarm. Great watch absolutely thrilled
Addisonz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2010, 02:31 PM   #29
B189s

I own a GC calibre 8 myself and I don't think I'll be able to write a review about it, but all I know I chose calibre 8 out of all TAG lines was because the least sporty/casual factor

I personally love a simple elegant watch...
B189s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2010, 02:36 PM   #30
d-rock
"TRF" Member

I've always liked and been partial to Tag. I've had my 6000 Series WH-1151 SS/18k for a couple years now. It's a great looking watch, it's very comfortable and it sports just enough solid 18k accents to add a bit of "class, appeal and good taste" without it just jumping out at you. I'm new to the site and not around it to upload a pic at the moment.
The only "issue" I have with the watch is the Lum has lost much of it's retention ability and 5 minutes in the dark it's gone. VERY comfortable on the wrist. I purchased it preowned as it has long since been discontinued. As I recall it was only put out for a few years so it may or may not have been a popular model. I believe it sold for just over 3k when new but can easily be found and purchased for under
1k. Perhaps someone would know the run years of this model. Even registered with Tag Heuer and running the numbers I've yet to determine exactly when it was made and when discontinued.
d-rock is offline   Reply With Quote