The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 23 September 2022, 07:54 PM   #31
PT_91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Have to agree if some on forum had seen my 16600 SD after working 5 long years underwater as a real working tool watch,many on forum today would of had a heart attack.
We need to see it!
PT_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2022, 08:00 PM   #32
Sprezzatura!,
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangesport View Post
almost unbelievable

very unlike rolex to leave you with the old part
x2
Sprezzatura!, is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2022, 08:08 PM   #33
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PT_91 View Post
We need to see it!
Cannot show before pictures they are long gone but picture of last service below watch has been serviced and polished now by 4 RSC world wide. Now soon 23 years old still looks good today still ticking strong and expect will be still ticking when my own ticker stops for good.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2022, 09:03 PM   #34
zeiter
"TRF" Member

This story defies decades of experience with the brand.
zeiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2022, 09:20 PM   #35
1William
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Interesting story and outcome.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2022, 09:50 PM   #36
PT_91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Cannot show before pictures they are long gone but picture of last service below watch has been serviced and polished now by 4 RSC world wide. Now soon 23 years old still looks good today still ticking strong and expect will be still ticking when my own ticker stops for good.

Very nice, thanks for the picture. I love things that are built to last and hope that what you described in your last statement is still decades away!
PT_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2022, 01:26 AM   #37
hutch300
2024 Pledge Member

OP I guess its nice Rolex made you happy but for me... I could not in good concise accept that solution. A basic polish would have been more than enough. These watches are built for use and the video looks fine to me. A touch up on the clasp maybe. The hairlines all over were from use not shipping. Benefiting on a technicality it seems. Sleep well. Hope we don't see that bracelet in the for sale section.
hutch300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2022, 02:51 AM   #38
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

That’s pretty bad on them but glad it worked out
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2022, 02:55 AM   #39
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Wow, be try generous outcome!
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2022, 03:21 AM   #40
worldofoyster
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub
glad it worked out in your favor.
worldofoyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2022, 02:25 PM   #41
MRBolton
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing my wrist
Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch300 View Post
OP I guess its nice Rolex made you happy but for me... I could not in good concise accept that solution. A basic polish would have been more than enough. These watches are built for use and the video looks fine to me. A touch up on the clasp maybe. The hairlines all over were from use not shipping. Benefiting on a technicality it seems. Sleep well. Hope we don't see that bracelet in the for sale section.
I made no direct suggestion to Rolex what I wanted them to do in my communications to them. They came out of the gate with the accepted solution after reviewing, which was obviously the best outcome I could've imagined. If they thought a polish was a more fair and equitable solution, I'd imagine that's what they would've initially proposed, as opposed to immediately jumping to offer what they did. Rolex acted in good faith, and if they hoped I wouldn't take it, then they shouldn't have offered it.

I didn't want to have to prematurely polish the bracelet, if ever, but I think I would've ultimately done a polish if I wasn't given a new bracelet with those eyesores (to me) that would've taken a lot longer (probably at least another 3 years) to accumulate with my wearing habits. Those additional scratches on the outside of the clasp, particularly the top right, would've really put a damper on the watch for me--especially since they came as a result of the shipping situation rather than wearing the watch.

Furthermore, as many horror stories as I read about polish jobs (including from RSC), the general feedback makes me nervous to polish a watch--at least unless it desperately "needs" it. So to be given an option to avoid it was absolutely ideal--plus I get to keep the original bracelet; it's a no-brainer to the average person.

Yes, there were some mostly very light hairlines throughout the bracelet before sending it off, but there was a good bit added due to negligent packing that was against protocol. This isn't a "technicality" thing where I had a "gotcha" moment because I found something inconspicuous; rather, it's pretty simple: either it was plainly cosmetically damaged by their actions or it wasn't.

I realize the bracelet is still fully functional. However, a car with a scratched door that you see every time you open it is still functional. I get the most enjoyment out of my items when they're kept in as best of condition as I can reasonably help.

Since you've offered a brief moral beating, it's entirely my business what I do with my property. For your information, although you are not owed it, I fully intend to keep all three bracelets. I'll probably use my original jubilee as a "beater," which will make me feel more comfortable wearing the watch in places I may wouldn't wear something with PCLs--like the beach. I'll also put sometimes put one on my Daytona if/when I get the call.

I'll sleep just fine, and so will Rolex. The bracelet at most probably cost less than $1k for them to make. I'm a loyal customer to the brand, and this further solidifies my faith in the brand. As a multi-billion dollar "charity" who sells all their products at their desired price, they definitely can afford it. They're not some mom-and-pop that realistically would ever feel it.

If you think what's happened here is over the top, you should look into what plaintiff attorneys do on a daily basis.
MRBolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2022, 12:49 AM   #42
zeiter
"TRF" Member

Having owned 5 different Rolex references over the past 30 years and having dealt with numerous service intervals (factory), I’m amazed that a new bracelet was provided. The allowance of keeping the “old” bracelet just seems that much more unlike Rolex.

WADR: The scratches on the OG Jubilee could be easily corrected with an arbor and Bergeon “ultra-fine” (#4, #5) wheel plus buff in the hands of a trained Rolex tech, in about 20 minutes. I’ve had it done - several times while watching.

I’ve never known Rolex to give away parts - especially something as proprietary and iconic as a Jubilee bracelet. Remarkable-
Old 25 September 2022, 08:30 AM   #43
MRBolton
"TRF" Member

I suppose it goes hand-in-hand with them getting to be more loose with allowing customers extra bracelet. The new bracelet is being delivered Monday.
Old 25 September 2022, 09:28 AM   #44
hutch300
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBolton View Post
I made no direct suggestion to Rolex what I wanted them to do in my communications to them. They came out of the gate with the accepted solution after reviewing, which was obviously the best outcome I could've imagined. If they thought a polish was a more fair and equitable solution, I'd imagine that's what they would've initially proposed, as opposed to immediately jumping to offer what they did. Rolex acted in good faith, and if they hoped I wouldn't take it, then they shouldn't have offered it.

I didn't want to have to prematurely polish the bracelet, if ever, but I think I would've ultimately done a polish if I wasn't given a new bracelet with those eyesores (to me) that would've taken a lot longer (probably at least another 3 years) to accumulate with my wearing habits. Those additional scratches on the outside of the clasp, particularly the top right, would've really put a damper on the watch for me--especially since they came as a result of the shipping situation rather than wearing the watch.

Furthermore, as many horror stories as I read about polish jobs (including from RSC), the general feedback makes me nervous to polish a watch--at least unless it desperately "needs" it. So to be given an option to avoid it was absolutely ideal--plus I get to keep the original bracelet; it's a no-brainer to the average person.

Yes, there were some mostly very light hairlines throughout the bracelet before sending it off, but there was a good bit added due to negligent packing that was against protocol. This isn't a "technicality" thing where I had a "gotcha" moment because I found something inconspicuous; rather, it's pretty simple: either it was plainly cosmetically damaged by their actions or it wasn't.

I realize the bracelet is still fully functional. However, a car with a scratched door that you see every time you open it is still functional. I get the most enjoyment out of my items when they're kept in as best of condition as I can reasonably help.

Since you've offered a brief moral beating, it's entirely my business what I do with my property. For your information, although you are not owed it, I fully intend to keep all three bracelets. I'll probably use my original jubilee as a "beater," which will make me feel more comfortable wearing the watch in places I may wouldn't wear something with PCLs--like the beach. I'll also put sometimes put one on my Daytona if/when I get the call.

I'll sleep just fine, and so will Rolex. The bracelet at most probably cost less than $1k for them to make. I'm a loyal customer to the brand, and this further solidifies my faith in the brand. As a multi-billion dollar "charity" who sells all their products at their desired price, they definitely can afford it. They're not some mom-and-pop that realistically would ever feel it.

If you think what's happened here is over the top, you should look into what plaintiff attorneys do on a daily basis.
Looks like I struck a cord. If you feel so comfortable with it you sure did a lot of justifying.
hutch300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2022, 09:54 AM   #45
AbeFroman
Banned

OP - post up photos of your new bracelet when you receive it. It’ll settle the doubt some others have.
AbeFroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2022, 10:09 AM   #46
MRBolton
"TRF" Member

See you guys Monday with all three bracelets when it arrives.
Old 26 September 2022, 11:34 PM   #47
shockingly
"TRF" Member

That's unusually generous of Rolex who are now well and truly uptight about everything.
shockingly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2022, 12:40 AM   #48
MRBolton
"TRF" Member

Here it is.

https://imgur.com/a/OLvNlmg

On the letter, the watch reference number is shown as 126718 instead of 126710. I cut off the top of the letter since it had my watch/contact details.

This time it shipped in a coffin.
Old 27 September 2022, 01:13 AM   #49
AbeFroman
Banned

Glad to see it was packaged safely this time around.
AbeFroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2022, 01:20 AM   #50
MRBolton
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbeFroman View Post
Glad to see it was packaged safely this time around.
The coffin was also tightly wrapped in bubble wrap, too! I will continue to use RSC directly for my watches. Their ability to make things right if something goes wrong is a lot greater.
Old 27 September 2022, 07:48 AM   #51
dannyp
Banned

Quote:
Here it is.

On the letter, the watch reference number is shown as 126718 instead of 126710. I cut off the top of the letter since it had my watch/contact details.

lol, better check your oyster to see if they have you WG instead by accident !!
dannyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2022, 03:46 PM   #52
Pinpoint
Banned

Good result.
Pinpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2022, 10:37 AM   #53
zeiter
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Here it is.

That’s a significant departure from norms for Rolex.

Good for you !
Old 28 September 2022, 11:37 AM   #54
Bozack90
"TRF" Member

Watch: Out
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeiter View Post
That’s a significant departure from norms for Rolex.

Good for you !
Yeah like a total departure, so much so it’s nearly impossible to believe - them just sending out another bracelet with a value as much as it is
Bozack90 is offline   Reply With Quote