The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 14 September 2022, 09:28 PM   #1111
nocaps
"TRF" Member

Watch: platona 2x bark dd
Quote:
Originally Posted by soicanbefree View Post
Let's see if I can really break this down Barney Style for the crowd.

1) Core inflation print comes in hot. (Higher than expected)
2) High print forces the Fed to increase rate. (75-100 basis points next meeting)
3) Future expectation of higher rates cause Treasuries to increase, Dollar to increase, valuations to decrease.

Everything is priced off the risk free rate (RFR) (Treasuries). Higher RFR = Higher yield your assets must produce to justify it's valuation. Everything must be repriced. All assets.

Simultaneously people are going to experience:

1) Inflation. Higher day to day prices. Rent is up. Food is up. Gas is up.
2) Saving depletion and higher borrowing costs for all major purchases.
3) Asset valuations down. They are going to literally be poorer.
4) The Fed actively trying to "cool" inflation by destroying their jobs / wealth / earnings power.
5) There is not free money coming in to save us. The previous solution is the problem. We have barely even begun quantitively tightening.

This is mega bullish for high end trinkets. (Rolex Watches). (/sarcasm)

With that said we never seem to allow the destruction to come. Maybe they blink. Market keeps trying to rally into this for some reason that I don't understand.
well said. in the meantime, grey dealers continue to
probe the bottom of the market, hoping that
any hint of positive news justifies a bump in asking prices…
Old 15 September 2022, 12:09 PM   #1112
messikens
"TRF" Member

Any more recent moda updates for the 26420 and 26240?
Old 16 September 2022, 04:34 AM   #1113
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Did anyone see the 77350st on MODA? Listed twice by two different people, same description and photos. It’s interesting because both are active dealers in there
Old 16 September 2022, 01:06 PM   #1114
SwissmadeTexan
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SUB LV-C/Pepsi C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_76 View Post
Did anyone see the 77350st on MODA? Listed twice by two different people, same description and photos. It’s interesting because both are active dealers in there

Sometimes there are more than one “dealer” that work for an overall larger dealing firm.
Old 16 September 2022, 10:05 PM   #1115
soicanbefree
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissmadeTexan View Post
Sometimes there are more than one “dealer” that work for an overall larger dealing firm.
"work"

I believe they refer to themselves as "teams"
Old 17 September 2022, 05:56 AM   #1116
eijiboy
Banned

Rg olive dial now dipping to 55k nib

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 17 September 2022, 06:01 AM   #1117
BrunoMalik
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eijiboy View Post

Keep going. I am a buyer at 20% below retail.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 17 September 2022, 07:14 AM   #1118
QuelleHeureEstIl
Banned

In the last CRM video, the guy is saying that he is not buying if not cheap because now he is offered daily watches at retail or even a little below: https://youtu.be/XYPYwKgE-Ak?t=842
Old 17 September 2022, 07:34 AM   #1119
eijiboy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunoMalik View Post
Keep going. I am a buyer at 20% below retail.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It will be discontinue before it happen

Old 17 September 2022, 07:50 AM   #1120
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eijiboy View Post

And another NIB 55.3k sitting
Old 17 September 2022, 08:19 AM   #1121
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by messikens View Post
420 actually leveled out a bit. was below MSRP after tax for a few listings, now its back to around MSRP after tax from what I've seen.
Old 17 September 2022, 09:31 AM   #1122
soicanbefree
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuelleHeureEstIl View Post
In the last CRM video, the guy is saying that he is not buying if not cheap because now he is offered daily watches at retail or even a little below: https://youtu.be/XYPYwKgE-Ak?t=842
Uh ohhhhhhhhh who is gonna hold all the watches they don't actually want when the music stops.

Far too few end users.

Way too many sneaker boi backpack dealers / holders.

Realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly gotta flush that all out first.
Old 18 September 2022, 06:06 AM   #1123
soicanbefree
"TRF" Member

If it is indeed "cheap", "good deal", "fire seller"... then pray tell good sales listing commentator.

Why have you not purchased it?

Why is it still for sale days later?
Old 18 September 2022, 06:34 AM   #1124
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Let's see if I can really break this down Barney Style for the crowd.

1) Core inflation print comes in hot. (Higher than expected)
2) High print forces the Fed to increase rate. (75-100 basis points next meeting)
3) Future expectation of higher rates cause Treasuries to increase, Dollar to increase, valuations to decrease.

Everything is priced off the risk free rate (RFR) (Treasuries). Higher RFR = Higher yield your assets must produce to justify it's valuation. Everything must be repriced. All assets.

Simultaneously people are going to experience:

1) Inflation. Higher day to day prices. Rent is up. Food is up. Gas is up.
2) Saving depletion and higher borrowing costs for all major purchases.
3) Asset valuations down. They are going to literally be poorer.
4) The Fed actively trying to "cool" inflation by destroying their jobs / wealth / earnings power.
5) There is not free money coming in to save us. The previous solution is the problem. We have barely even begun quantitively tightening.

This is mega bullish for high end trinkets. (Rolex Watches). (/sarcasm)

With that said we never seem to allow the destruction to come. Maybe they blink. Market keeps trying to rally into this for some reason that I don't understand.

It seems so obvious that perhaps it will go the other way. Everyone on here predicted covid closures and job losses and lock downs to send prices of Rolex to the cellar and we know what happened next.
Old 18 September 2022, 06:50 AM   #1125
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
If it is indeed "cheap", "good deal", "fire seller"... then pray tell good sales listing commentator.

Why have you not purchased it?

Why is it still for sale days later?
Exactly. They’re grasping for straws. The tomfoolery that goes on in this regard has been widely discussed. Can’t wait until the holidays, when things still haven’t picked up.

Call any grey - they won’t buy even the hotter models anywhere close to where asks are now, let alone where they were a couple months ago. Many refs they’re offering at/below retail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
It seems so obvious that perhaps it will go the other way. Everyone on here predicted covid closures and job losses and lock downs to send prices of Rolex to the cellar and we know what happened next.
Covid was unprecedented, therefore making the economic ramifications hard to predict. But that’s exactly why the fed kept rates low and juiced the economy with helicopter money and QE.

Rate hikes of historic proportions and QT, however… any economist will tell you what that does to the economy.
Old 18 September 2022, 12:14 PM   #1126
messikens
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
420 actually leveled out a bit. was below MSRP after tax for a few listings, now its back to around MSRP after tax from what I've seen.

Thank you - always appreciate your replies

Old 19 September 2022, 05:22 AM   #1127
Xtralarg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuelleHeureEstIl View Post
Does anyone actually believe this BS on YouTube? Give your head a wobble
Old 19 September 2022, 05:52 AM   #1128
QuelleHeureEstIl
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtralarg View Post
Does anyone actually believe this BS on YouTube? Give your head a wobble
When browsing your comment, I noticed that you hate Youtube when traders are not pumping the market.

Have you seen the sequence in the link I provided (It starts at the correct time code so you will not waste time). In no time, traders can source all references (because we are in a seller market), so their only reason to stock a watch would be if it is dirt cheap. And when sellers need to sell they have no choice and drop their asking price way below market...

Can you let me understand why you think what they say is BS? (I genuinely want to understand your point of view as I may missing something) Thank you.
Old 19 September 2022, 08:42 AM   #1129
soicanbefree
"TRF" Member

Wasn't someone obsessed with the pricing / availability on this watch?

Omega Speedmaster 321 Ed White 311.30.40.30.01.001 Like New Full Set
Warranty card dated 4/30/22, minor clasp wear otherwise indistinguishable from new.

Price is $18,000 shipped.
Old 19 September 2022, 11:41 AM   #1130
malice146
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Warranty card dated 4/30/22, minor clasp wear otherwise indistinguishable from new.

I so wish I could up vote this.

Old 19 September 2022, 11:51 AM   #1131
AbeFroman
Banned

Quote:

He’s punching the air right now reading this.
Old 20 September 2022, 12:34 AM   #1132
JRedford
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbeFroman View Post
He’s punching the air right now reading this.
Tired of lying in the sunshine, staying home to watch the rain You are young and life is long, and there is time to kill today And then one day you find ten years have got behind you No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun
Old 20 September 2022, 06:37 AM   #1133
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Bnib 15510 $47k
Bnib 26420 $43k

I hope this keeps trending downwards and flushes out more flippers. Between economy and no more 50th’s after December I think it’s looking good for people actually wanting to keep long term.

26240st is what I’m after and there’s over ONE HUNDRED sitting brand new on Chrono24 right now. Something has to give soon, not a single one has sold in months it seems. People wildly overestimated the interest in those with the insane $150k asks originally. I hope those clowns got burnt. Also seems AP didn’t vouch those 240st buyers too well, or they were given as tokens to Whales who immediately flipped them. 100 brand new examples is A LOT when discussing a specific AP model.
Old 20 September 2022, 07:18 AM   #1134
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Bnib 15510 $47k
Bnib 26420 $43k

I hope this keeps trending downwards and flushes out more flippers. Between economy and no more 50th’s after December I think it’s looking good for people actually wanting to keep long term.

26240st is what I’m after and there’s over ONE HUNDRED sitting brand new on Chrono24 right now. Something has to give soon, not a single one has sold in months it seems. People wildly overestimated the interest in those with the insane $150k asks originally. I hope those clowns got burnt. Also seems AP didn’t vouch those 240st buyers too well, or they were given as tokens to Whales who immediately flipped them. 100 brand new examples is A LOT when discussing a specific AP model.

Maybe once this cools off the boutique here in Vegas will actually let me get on a list. I want a white dial time only or a Chrono.
Old 20 September 2022, 08:08 AM   #1135
messikens
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Bnib 15510 $47k
Bnib 26420 $43k

Thanks man as always.

I agree, the amount of 26240s on C24 is insane! Even discounting the stock pic ones, there's a ton of watches out there that seem to have been flipped immediately. I sincerely hope people get burnt badly.

It's a special release but you gotta be insane to pay 6 figures for this as in the beginning... I really wonder how many folks bought this from a customer at 70-90k and now are trying to figure out how to get out of the falling knife.

Sad that any amount of vetting doesn't take care of the flipping, but I guess making a quick 50k is tempting (esp if people may think that they don't have a realistic chance at a CE / QP / Tourb without spending another 300k and hence don't mind ruining their relationship)

Old 20 September 2022, 08:51 AM   #1136
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

The 50ths had a particularly absurd run up in price, so wouldn’t be surprised by a continuous and precipitous drop.

There’s a lot of royal oaks sitting (50th and older refs). I think a lot of refs will stabilize near or even below retail. You’re already seeing that with ROOs. I believe I saw a 15450 in the mid/high 20s brand new.
Old 20 September 2022, 09:40 AM   #1137
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks man as always.

I agree, the amount of 26240s on C24 is insane! Even discounting the stock pic ones, there's a ton of watches out there that seem to have been flipped immediately. I sincerely hope people get burnt badly.

It's a special release but you gotta be insane to pay 6 figures for this as in the beginning... I really wonder how many folks bought this from a customer at 70-90k and now are trying to figure out how to get out of the falling knife.

Sad that any amount of vetting doesn't take care of the flipping, but I guess making a quick 50k is tempting (esp if people may think that they don't have a realistic chance at a CE / QP / Tourb without spending another 300k and hence don't mind ruining their relationship)

I am loving any flipper who bought a ROC at $60-$80k thinking it was a 6 figure flipper and is now sitting on a $20k loss instead. Put them out of the game for good

Sorry but not sorry, just gotten bitter at this point. I absolutely love for my watches to maintain MSRP, but this other nonsense is out of control.
Old 22 September 2022, 04:10 AM   #1138
train-time
"TRF" Member

Watch: All gone!
Fed announced another 75-basis point rate hike today. Tighten your seat belts!!
Old 22 September 2022, 07:40 AM   #1139
eijiboy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by train-time View Post
Fed announced another 75-basis point rate hike today. Tighten your seat belts!!

No wonder stocks plummet all of a sudden right before they close

Old 22 September 2022, 10:33 AM   #1140
Fedpete
"TRF" Member

Expect another two rounds of this before year end.

Closed Thread