The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 28 January 2018, 05:12 AM   #1
Wood&Leather
"TRF" Member

What's The General Consensus On Bremont?

I went into an AD to try an oris artix gt chronograph (amazing in person). Then this watch behind the glass caught my eye. It was a Bremont ALT1 Range Black. Damn... looked so amazing in hand, but of course a 40% grey market price jump from the oris lol.

What's the general thoughts on them? Sticking with my oris but that could be a Christmas pursuit.
Old 28 January 2018, 05:25 AM   #2
SROB
"TRF" Member

I bought a Kingsman awhile back. From a mechanical movement perspective, I don't believe anything special, reliable ETA. The cases are supposed to be made in house and specialized.

Mine doesn't get a lot of wear anymore, but it's still a cool watch. Likely wouldn't get what I want if I tried to sell, so will likely keep it,a great beater.

My experience, and a friend's, excellent customer service
Old 28 January 2018, 09:26 AM   #3
Wood&Leather
"TRF" Member

Thanks for your two cents. It's a bit frustrating seeing that I can't seem to find one on grey market under 3grand but it does appear to be a slightly hightened quality compared to Oris.

The antiglare sapphire and detail in the movement for starters, but I just don't want to blow my budget by a grand. Especially for a brand that can't seem to resale worth a damn.
Old 13 September 2018, 02:42 AM   #4
shedlock2000
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16753; Bellini Dia
I own an ALT1 ZT/BK and it’s an outstanding watch. It’s a heavily modified eta movement, and this particular one is the most accurate wristwatch I’ve ever owned — and I’ve owned a lot of Rolexes.

The case construction is a bit unusual, but I wear it on a lot of straps and I’m pleased about the prettier... maybe more attractive ... case. I recently bought and sold the Tudor GMT, because it wasn’t anywhere near as comfortable (or as accurate) as the Bremont.

Their watches are robust, easy to wear (if a little boxy), reliable, functional, and innovative. Bremont’s rotating chapter ring is a nice piece of engineering and locates with a feel that is seconded only by Rolex’s gmt bezel. They also nicely apply the lume which is thick, bright, and includes a 0/24 hour marker on the chapter ring as well as on the chrono hands.

On the downside for me: the Zulu vs. GMT hand movement is frustrating (I travel a bit and prefer ‘true gmt’ hand operation), I can’t wear the leather strap because the clasp irritates my wrist (which means it’s a bit hard for me to dress it up), and the watch is a bit tall (though 1.5mm thinner than the PO GMT).

In short, Bremont get a pretty rough and undeserved deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SS Submariner no date 1992 (sold); SS GMT II 2007 (sold); SS GMT II C 2008 ('M' series) (sold); SS Sub C 2011 (sold); BB GMT 1971 (sold); Omega 50th GMT
Old 13 September 2018, 02:57 AM   #5
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Why did you dig up 3 old Bremont threads and post your same review to all 3?

instagram.com/ct_watch_guy
Old 13 September 2018, 04:19 AM   #6
shedlock2000
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16753; Bellini Dia
Quote:
Originally Posted by _speedmaster_ View Post
Why did you dig up 3 old Bremont threads and post your same review to all 3?

Because not all people read each thread and sometimes only stumble across one. Better question to ask why there are three threads asking largely the same question, and an even better question is to ask why you would be so upset at my cross-posting to write a comment about the fact, rather than on the content of the posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SS Submariner no date 1992 (sold); SS GMT II 2007 (sold); SS GMT II C 2008 ('M' series) (sold); SS Sub C 2011 (sold); BB GMT 1971 (sold); Omega 50th GMT
Old 13 September 2018, 05:04 AM   #7
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

I'm far from upset, I'm actually amused. I'm just genuinely curious as to your unusual thought process. I've yet to see this tactic, of digging up multiple old threads (one that has been dead for 3 years) to post the same thing. Why stop at 3? Why not 5 or 10? Surely more people will stumble upon 10 different threads than 3. Now, a part of me wanted to stop at one thread response. But I amuse myself too much.

instagram.com/ct_watch_guy
Closed Thread