The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 20 July 2018, 12:49 AM   #31
watchmework
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO, 116600
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravetony
Just received it! Will try to post after I do the swap. Those pictures don't do much justice. The red matches exactly to the red on the dial. The quality is top as expected, Ill let you know about installation and fit as soon as I can.

Sounds good, looking forward to it Tony.
watchmework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2018, 03:10 AM   #32
Socomo
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the information. Very nice. The red is perfect.
Socomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2018, 01:48 PM   #33
eyiy1234
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravetony View Post
Just received it! Will try to post after I do the swap. Those pictures don't do much justice. The red matches exactly to the red on the dial. The quality is top as expected, Ill let you know about installation and fit as soon as I can.
Do update on us soon Tony!
eyiy1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2018, 12:13 AM   #34
bravetony
"TRF" Member

Here are a couple pictures I took yesterday. Very impressed. I tried it with the diver extension but took it off. It looks better without it. Swap was effortless and the fit between the lugs is just perfect. This is my second rubber b strap and I like this one the most out of the two. The texture and quality is top notch. The red detail gives it a very cool touch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sd43onrubber2.JPG (91.5 KB, 169 views)
File Type: jpg sd43onrubber1.JPG (72.8 KB, 171 views)
File Type: jpg sd43onrubber3.JPG (90.1 KB, 167 views)
File Type: jpg sd43onrubber4.JPG (72.9 KB, 166 views)
bravetony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2018, 12:27 AM   #35
24 nights
Banned

Watch: 43sd +Daytona's
Quote:
Here are a couple pictures I took yesterday. Very impressed. I tried it with the diver extension but took it off. It looks better without it. Swap was effortless and the fit between the lugs is just perfect. This is my second rubber b strap and I like this one the most out of the two. The texture and quality is top notch. The red detail gives it a very cool touch.
Looks awesome!!!
24 nights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2018, 12:30 AM   #36
watchmework
"TRF" Member

RubberB strap for SD43 is available!

Quote:

Looks good, thanks for sharing! Would you mind taking a few more wrist shots from a little bit further back. I’d like to see how it looks with the red striping on the sides when on the wrist. Thanks!
Old 21 July 2018, 12:37 AM   #37
maximilianmuller
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV/TBB
looks cool!
maximilianmuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2018, 01:06 AM   #38
bravetony
"TRF" Member

Sure man! Your thread is how I got this strap! I really like it. The red is just a cool accent imo, when you look at it from the top you can't notice it which I like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmework View Post
Looks good, thanks for sharing! Would you mind taking a few more wrist shots from a little bit further back. I’d like to see how it looks with the red striping on the sides when on the wrist. Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6:20:18.jpg (206.5 KB, 160 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1585.JPG (214.5 KB, 161 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1588.JPG (233.2 KB, 159 views)
Old 21 July 2018, 01:32 AM   #39
BVLDARI
"TRF" Member

I like the red detail as well. I would also like to see one that flares similar to the DSSD. I find that to be a cool look.
BVLDARI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2018, 01:48 AM   #40
watchmework
"TRF" Member

Thanks Tony! The strap looks awesome on the SD43, I just wish they put a tang buckle out. I’m not crazy about needing to swap out the clasp everytime I change out the bracelet though, was this your first time doing that and how difficult was it?
Old 21 July 2018, 02:09 AM   #41
bravetony
"TRF" Member

no problem, took me about 5 minutes.(Bergeon Springbar tool & screwdriver) I don't think I would've gotten it with a tang buckle if it was available. To me it takes a bit away from the OEM look & feel. But that's just me. Have a great weekend my friend & appreciate a lot keeping us informed about this!

Quote:
Thanks Tony! The strap looks awesome on the SD43, I just wish they put a tang buckle out. I’m not crazy about needing to swap out the clasp everytime I change out the bracelet though, was this your first time doing that and how difficult was it?
Old 21 July 2018, 02:35 AM   #42
doctorstrange
Banned

the red accent turns out very good from that wrist shots.
doctorstrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2018, 03:06 AM   #43
watchmework
"TRF" Member

Quote:
no problem, took me about 5 minutes.(Bergeon Springbar tool & screwdriver) I don't think I would've gotten it with a tang buckle if it was available. To me it takes a bit away from the OEM look & feel. But that's just me. Have a great weekend my friend & appreciate a lot keeping us informed about this!

I hear ya, my thought process is you’re already changing out the bracelet so you’re losing a bit of OEM anyways but the glidelock is nice to provide the micro adjustments. How is the fit and feel in comparison to the bracelet? To me the bracelet feels incredible on the wrist but I wonder how the rubber strap fairs against it? You have a great weekend as well
Old 21 July 2018, 03:48 AM   #44
bravetony
"TRF" Member

There's nothing like the Oyster Bracelet. You just can't compare the two. It feels lighter and comfortable definitely. I would even dare to say that it looks and feels like a Rolex product but the Oyster Bracelet competes with no none IMO.

Quote:
I hear ya, my thought process is you’re already changing out the bracelet so you’re losing a bit of OEM anyways but the glidelock is nice to provide the micro adjustments. How is the fit and feel in comparison to the bracelet? To me the bracelet feels incredible on the wrist but I wonder how the rubber strap fairs against it? You have a great weekend as well
Old 21 July 2018, 04:58 AM   #45
Bluepilot15
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710A
Quote:
There's nothing like the Oyster Bracelet. You just can't compare the two. It feels lighter and comfortable definitely. I would even dare to say that it looks and feels like a Rolex product but the Oyster Bracelet competes with no none IMO.
Is it more comfortable? I bought my SD for hiking, camping, and general outdoor activity. It wears a bit heavy for me in those pursuits. In your opinion does the rubber strap make it more wearable?
Bluepilot15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2018, 05:09 AM   #46
bravetony
"TRF" Member

This is my second day wearing it. Its super comfortable. I don't do any of those activities but your wrist will be lighter for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepilot15 View Post
Is it more comfortable? I bought my SD for hiking, camping, and general outdoor activity. It wears a bit heavy for me in those pursuits. In your opinion does the rubber strap make it more wearable?
Old 21 July 2018, 05:18 AM   #47
rudestew
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD SD43 Mk1 50TH
your photos ( real life) are a much better reflection of the red .
rudestew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2018, 05:22 AM   #48
bravetony
"TRF" Member

TBH I don't think it looks as good in the pictures. The texture and feel is pretty amazing. & the red is matched perfectly to the red on the dial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudestew View Post
your photos ( real life) are a much better reflection of the red .