The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 12 January 2018, 05:57 PM   #91
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipseys View Post
So it seems that I have created a thread unnecessarily..although I have very much enjoyed reading all the posts!
AD last night couldnt have been nicer and I walked out with everything intact including the transport box and warranty card.
I have purchased from there before and was showing them pics of my other pieces.
I dealt with a different guy and he was very knowledgeable and also very accomodating.
So I have the SD43 and have the job later of having some time to myself to size, desticker and polish .. I will post pics when I get that done .. just mad busy.

Then have a message this am that a 5513 that I have been after for ages has come up .. like buses!
Nicer problem to have though.
Thanks for all the advice
Scott

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Devildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2018, 04:38 PM   #92
Hunter87
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
From one Scott to another - Congrats! What are you picking up?

You'll find some insight on the subject in my thread here

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=571648

There is no official Rolex policy in the UK (yet) on destickering. It is very much up to the individual AD's to use whatever measures they feel appropriate on a case by case basis to protect their agency. The ADs are now looking to sell certain references only to people who will actually keep and wear the watch.

There will be different conditions applied to different purchasers. If you're not known well to the AD, for example, expect to have to make more concessions, than if you are

HTH
I can confirm what you said about the AD getting watches for people who will actually wear the watch, this is exactly what the manager at my local AD said to me when I picked up my watch a few days ago he explained he wanted to get the watch to people who actually cared about the watches and not just people wil they people who would leave them sitting unworn in a safe. He told me several times that it was now their policy to remove all stickers which I said was totally fine but after talking him for a few mins while having the watch resized he could tell I wasn’t a reseller so left all the stickers on and I got everything with the watch included such as the warranty card, bezel protector, swing tags and even the plastic shipping box they receive the watch in.
Hunter87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2018, 05:13 PM   #93
Hunter87
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexNorth View Post
I have a question about the warrantee card retention issue.............

They say that if you're travelling with a Rolex, to avoid any border-customs issues, one should carry the warrantee card as proof of ownership, as well as proof of country where the watch was purchased.

So if the AD keeps the card for a year, how do you travel with the watch should an issue with customs arise????????
Photocopy of the purchase receipt if your really that worried or photocopy of the warranty card.
Hunter87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2018, 05:18 PM   #94
NMPP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicLeChic View Post
My local AD (Spain, Madrid) wanted to :
- remove the stickers
- size the bracelet
- keep the green tag
- keep the price tag
- keep the bezel protector

The salesperson insisted on removing the stickers and I said no on several occasions. It was almost amusing. He let it go in the end.

He offered to size the bracelet twice, to which I also refused.

He withheld the green tag but agreed to give it back.

He kept the price tag and absolutely refused to hand it over. This was not negotiable. His words were "I could be in serious trouble with Rolex if I let you go with the price tag."

He also kept the bezel protector claiming "we always bin them".

He did offer to open the bottle of champagne though or provide any other drink, good man :-).
Curious why you refused to have the bracelet sized ?
NMPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2018, 05:30 PM   #95
easterbunny
"TRF" Member

I don't mind mandatory sticker removal but I'm the type of geek who might actually want to wear it with stickers for a bit to get a feel for her while desk diving. Rolex does the stickers so well that it's almost like a factory installed screen protector.
easterbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2018, 06:26 PM   #96
VicLeChic
Banned

Watch: YM 116622 - SD43
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMPP View Post
Curious why you refused to have the bracelet sized ?
Because they damage the screws and scratch the bracelet. Also I prefer a leather or rubber strap.
VicLeChic is offline   Reply With Quote