The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 16 October 2018, 07:55 AM   #1
rolexrolexjdjd
"TRF" Member

Hello. I need Help About My Rolex Serial Number

Hello everybody. When I was fishing with speargun, I found the rolex yacht master. There is a serial number. Where can i check is this original or not? Everything looks like original, i checked with some youtube videos but i am scaring about asking somewhere. Because i really need money for my family. If it is original, i want to sell this. Somebody can help me please?

Old 16 October 2018, 08:00 AM   #2
2001jesper
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234
You should write to Rolex to see whether its reported stolen - if Yes, then it should be returned
Old 16 October 2018, 08:01 AM   #3
FirstF80InSpace
"TRF" Member

This is sketchy...
Old 16 October 2018, 08:04 AM   #4
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstF80InSpace View Post
This is sketchy...

Lol 100%. This will not end well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 16 October 2018, 08:05 AM   #5
dcash0615
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es
Instead of trying to sell, maybe you should try to find the rightful owner? That’s the right thing to do here. If the tables were turned and it was your watch that was lost, I assume you would want it back.

2FA security active
Old 16 October 2018, 08:05 AM   #6
rolexrolexjdjd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001jesper View Post
You should write to Rolex to see whether its reported stolen - if Yes, then it should be returned
Oh stolen? but i am not stealer omg...
Old 16 October 2018, 08:07 AM   #7
rolexrolexjdjd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcash0615 View Post
Instead of trying to sell, maybe you should try to find the rightful owner? That’s the right thing to do here. If the tables were turned and it was your watch that was lost, I assume you would want it back.
i am not stealer omg. how can i found owner?
Old 16 October 2018, 08:08 AM   #8
vladamir15
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, VC, Breguet
Oh this will not end well

Audemars, Vacheron, Breguet, Jaquet Droz, JLC, Rolex, Omega, Cartier
Old 16 October 2018, 08:09 AM   #9
rolexrolexjdjd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladamir15 View Post
Oh this will not end well
why
Old 16 October 2018, 08:11 AM   #10
seabreeze60
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor, Carl F. Buc
If that is the watch, it has a random serial number. Correct? If it is stolen return it and maybe get a reward.

If you sell it and it is stolen you are guilty of selling stolen goods.

Wait for a member to tell you where to report the serial number. Not on this thread. Could be a scammer that claims the watch.

Old 16 October 2018, 08:12 AM   #11
rolexrolexjdjd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabreeze60 View Post
If that is the watch, it has a random serial number. Correct? If it is stolen return it and maybe get a reward.

If you sell it and it is stolen you are guilty of selling stolen goods.

Wait for a member to tell you where to report the serial number. Not on this thread. Could be a scammer that claims the watch.

thankyou very much. i will search owner. i will write rolex for this serial number.
Old 16 October 2018, 08:50 AM   #12
schoolboy
Banned

Well this is interesting.

Is the watch still working?

You might be part of a published story about this. I read online once (on Hodinkee I believe) that someone found a Submariner in the sea that was still in working condition. I don't remember the details, but this could possibly end well for both you and the owner of the watch?

Old 16 October 2018, 09:16 AM   #13
rolexrolexjdjd
"TRF" Member

The clock is working but there is a problem. You need to set up constantly to work everyday. it's late five minutes in a day. If owner of watch is here, or somebody knows him, please contact me.
Old 16 October 2018, 09:53 AM   #14
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
You didn't steal it by finding it. If you make an honest effort to find the owner and can't or if it was not reported lost or stolen then it seems like it should be yours and nothing to lose sleep over.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 16 October 2018, 10:03 AM   #15
ttechdoc
"TRF" Member

The Kentucky Powerball Lottery is up to $345million. I wonder which is more statistically likely, winning the lottery or finding a Yacht-Master fishing?
Old 16 October 2018, 10:16 AM   #16
DahMan
Banned

Just for clarification, you were in the water, submerged, with a spear gun, correct
Old 16 October 2018, 10:20 AM   #17
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DahMan View Post
Just for clarification, you were in the water, submerged, with a spear gun, correct
I just checked the Urban Dictionary definition for "spear fishing." I don't recommend others do the same.
Old 16 October 2018, 01:10 PM   #18
schoolboy
Banned

Well, keep us updated!
Old 17 October 2018, 10:31 PM   #19
RichardF
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexrolexjdjd View Post
Hello everybody. When I was fishing with speargun, I found the rolex yacht master. There is a serial number. Where can i check is this original or not? Everything looks like original, i checked with some youtube videos but i am scaring about asking somewhere. Because i really need money for my family. If it is original, i want to sell this. Somebody can help me please?

You should report and turn in the watch to the local Police or Sheriff of jurisdiction in the area of which you found it. Reason being: they will do a NCIC (National Crime Information Center) check on the serial number of the watch along with a description. This data base is operated and maintained by the F.B.I. The reason you want to do this is in the worst case scenario this watch could possibly be linked to a serious crime, robbery or even worse. If in the best case scenario it was just lost, having the Police document and attempt to track down the owner is the best course of action. If the Police cannot find the rightful owner or there is no history this watch was part of a worst case scenario event you should be able to claim it after certain amount of time. If this Rolex is authentic and there was no attempt on your part to report it through the Police years later you could have a problem with the possession of this watch should the serial number be attached to a report from the owner or an insurance company.
Old 18 October 2018, 12:11 AM   #20
T.Mas
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardF View Post
You should report and turn in the watch to the local Police or Sheriff of jurisdiction in the area of which you found it. Reason being: they will do a NCIC (National Crime Information Center) check on the serial number of the watch along with a description. This data base is operated and maintained by the F.B.I. The reason you want to do this is in the worst case scenario this watch could possibly be linked to a serious crime, robbery or even worse. If in the best case scenario it was just lost, having the Police document and attempt to track down the owner is the best course of action. If the Police cannot find the rightful owner or there is no history this watch was part of a worst case scenario event you should be able to claim it after certain amount of time. If this Rolex is authentic and there was no attempt on your part to report it through the Police years later you could have a problem with the possession of this watch should the serial number be attached to a report from the owner or an insurance company.
The OP is in Spain with a Swiss watch. This has absolutely nothing to do with the FBI in America.

OP, contact Rolex and see if it is reported missing.
Old 18 October 2018, 12:20 AM   #21
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcash0615 View Post
Only this
Old 18 October 2018, 01:07 AM   #22
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Call me skeptic BUt, that watch was found in the ocean?
Okeedokie.
Old 18 October 2018, 01:11 AM   #23
korneevy
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, VC, RLX, BP
if that's the best photo you can take of a watch in your possession, with all the mobile phone tech available to even a 10 year old with a 5 year old phone, I doubt you will be able to sell this watch here, or pretty much anywhere on the internet. Going by the photo and your story, I'd say put this thing in the nearest garbage bin - the chances of it being a genuine rolex are next to zero, so move on and forget about this whole unfortunate experience before it gets ugly.
Old 18 October 2018, 01:19 AM   #24
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

Why does it look like the end links are stuck on the watch? I want to know what happens with this! Haha.

Closed Thread