The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 18 September 2022, 09:43 AM   #1
Hawkeye98
"TRF" Member

1675 Alternative Bracelet

I am sharing this in hopes that it helps other members looking for a cost-effective alternative to their OEM 1675 bracelet.

I have a 1968 1675 with a period-correct rolled jubilee bracelet. The GMT wasn’t getting much wrist time because although the OEM bracelet is in very good condition, it felt too “delicate” and didn’t provide me with much piece of mind - that and the “fit” want the best since it had the DJ 55 ELs.

I have been on the hunt for an alternative/replacement jubilee bracelet but didn’t want to drop too much money (I would rather put it towards a new piece!). I didn’t need anything OEM, just something a little sturdier while maintaining the vintage look. Fast forward to this past week when I stumbled across a 1675 jubilee from ewatchparts.com. At less than $50 I was naturally skeptical, but with the $ back guarantee I figured why not give it a shot. I exchanged a couple emails with the CS rep and 4 days later had the bracelet in my hands.

To my surprise, the fit is better than my original config, with a finish that has exceeded my expectations for a $50 product (and I still have the Rolex jingle!). The ELs sit more flush with the lugs, both in height and length, compared to the 55 ELs. I can’t speak to long-term quality, but I am quite pleased thus far and feel confident that the GMT will get much more wrist time. My only nits are the clasp can be difficult to latch/unlatch (hoping with time it becomes easier) and it shipped with modern spring bars instead of the fat boys. I had to use my OEM fat boys instead to get a secure fit. I sent the CS rep a note requesting a pair of fat boys, and if their initial responses are any indicator of how they may respond, guessing I will have something in my mailbox soon.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hawkeye98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2022, 10:15 AM   #2
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
It's 50 bucks because it is not a Rolex product.

It should be good for what you want. To change the clasp latch tightness, you bend or straighten the deployant blade slightly.
Old 18 September 2022, 11:30 AM   #3
Hawkeye98
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post
It's 50 bucks because it is not a Rolex product.
Hahah. Yeah, obviously, that’s why it is branded “RELAX” instead. :)

Old 18 September 2022, 11:34 AM   #4
zapokee
"TRF" Member

I had exactly the same probelm with my Pepsi 1675 on a rickety old Oyster bracelet about five years ago. I just didn't trust the bracelet, so I got a new Jubilee from the RSC for about 800 bucks. It's very nice, and I'm glad I got it. I kept the original bracelet, of course.

Your 1675 is a beauty - it's deserves better than an aftermarket Jubilee. It's just not right.

Personally I'd wear it on leather for a while and save my pennies for a nice sturdy authentic Rolex bracelet.

Good luck with it!
zapokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2022, 11:52 AM   #5
Hawkeye98
"TRF" Member

1675 Alternative Bracelet

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapokee View Post
I had exactly the same probelm with my Pepsi 1675 on a rickety old Oyster bracelet about five years ago. I just didn't trust the bracelet, so I got a new Jubilee from the RSC for about 800 bucks. It's very nice, and I'm glad I got it. I kept the original bracelet, of course.

Your 1675 is a beauty - it's deserves better than an aftermarket Jubilee. It's just not right.

Personally I'd wear it on leather for a while and save my pennies for a nice sturdy authentic Rolex bracelet.

Good luck with it!

Thanks for sharing your experience.
How did you manage the end links bc I would also need something better than the 55s. Or did the $800 include proper ELs? If I could find a Rolex solution for $800 with proper ELs I would seriously consider that path. After all, I ponied up more than any person should have to for a Rolex YG president 1.5 link from the AD earlier this year (and couldn’t be happier).
Thanks!

Old 18 September 2022, 12:20 PM   #6
zapokee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye98 View Post
Thanks for sharing your experience.
How did you manage the end links bc I would also need something better than the 55s. Or did the $800 include proper ELs?
The new Jubilee from the RSC came with the appropriate end links for a 1675. I'm guessing it would be more than 800 bucks now because this was five years ago, but it was a great purchase.

The bracelet is very versatile, and it's solid AF. It also goes well on the Sub 1680 and the Milgauss 1019 for a nice change-up every so often, although some end-link juggling is required. Definitely worth the investment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye98 View Post
...I ponied up more than any person should have to for a Rolex YG president 1.5 link from the AD earlier this year (and couldn’t be happier).
I feel your pain. I needed two extra links for my WG Day-Date 1803 President bracelet. Rolex quoted me 600 bucks per link, so 1,200. I ended up sourcing some genuine second-hand ones for much less, and they work perfectly.
zapokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2022, 04:10 PM   #7
swaini3
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675 GMT, DRSD
I would get a new 62510 / 550 with 50 from RSC. They're for about $1400 now + tax from my RSC.
swaini3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2022, 12:11 AM   #8
TuRo
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the detectives
Each to their own, but even a aftermarket plexi or end links play on my mind, so I can't countenance it in my head.
To me it's a false economy as $50 new and $15 if you come to sell it on e bay - whereas a scruffy (but sturdy ex-dj) 62510h with 55s can be snaffled for $400, just about, and will probably be $1000+ in ten years time as bracelets (even scruffy ones) and various trinketry eg tags go up in value as much as the watches!
TuRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2022, 01:55 AM   #9
Hawkeye98
"TRF" Member

Appreciate all the input. I will be placing a call to the AD next week to get an idea on current bracelet prices to fit the 1675!

Now, if anyone can lend some advice as to how to solve the the Iowa Hawkeyes’ offensive woes, please send a note to the Ferentz boys in Iowa City!