The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 30 August 2022, 12:11 AM   #331
amanbra
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subtona View Post
K

Asked the sales person at the boutique if I could swim with the watch.
“Absolutely not” was the reply.

I am not trying to argue with the salesperson or any opinion here but just sharing the response from a boutique employee while picking up my 321.
Congrats!

How do you like it vs your other watches?
amanbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2022, 05:20 AM   #332
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Question for all the owners …

I thought I read somewhere that each watch has the name of the watchmaker listed somewhere on the paperwork. Does anyone know if this is the case? I can’t seem to find it on mine.

Thanks in advance.
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2022, 06:02 AM   #333
logo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post

I thought I read somewhere that each watch has the name of the watchmaker listed somewhere on the paperwork. Does anyone know if this is the case? I can’t seem to find it on mine.

Thanks in advance.
Very cool if true. I don’t recall seeing it on my paperwork.
logo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2022, 01:00 PM   #334
Travelller
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my sig. ;)
Quote:

I thought I read somewhere that each watch has the name of the watchmaker listed somewhere on the paperwork...
Paperwork? What paperwork would / should that be?

Like all modern Omega watches, you get those two red "credit-cards" - one for the warranty, the other AKA Pictograms.

Then there are three booklets, one red, titled "Operating Instructions" & two black booklets, the first providing instructions on installing the metal bracelet as well as the supplied (NATO) strap, the other describing the "Legendary Moonwatch", the Speedmaster's involvement in NASA's Space Program.

I'm betting that all of the above [also] comes with the [former] production Speedmaster Professional which came in the same large black case. I can't speak for the current prod. Moonwatch which comes in a smaller case... .

That's all the "paperwork" that comes with the 321 AFAIK

Panerai 111 217 233
Rolex 16600 126600
Seiko SBGA125 SBDX001 SLA017 SLA025 SLA033
Tudor 5B GMT
Zénith A386ME
Other Mühle Glashütte S.A.R. Flieger Chronoswiss Tora
Travelller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2022, 01:22 PM   #335
logo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelller View Post
Paperwork? What paperwork would / should that be?

Like all modern Omega watches, you get those two red "credit-cards" - one for the warranty, the other AKA Pictograms.

Then there are three booklets, one red, titled "Operating Instructions" & two black booklets, the first providing instructions on installing the metal bracelet as well as the supplied (NATO) strap, the other describing the "Legendary Moonwatch", the Speedmaster's involvement in NASA's Space Program.

I'm betting that all of the above [also] comes with the [former] production Speedmaster Professional which came in the same large black case. I can't speak for the current prod. Moonwatch which comes in a smaller case... .

That's all the "paperwork" that comes with the 321 AFAIK

Yeah I think this is what he was referring to as paperwork (and is what I was referring to as well). I cannot recall what exactly the two red cards actually say on them in terms of info about the watch other than 321 movement and maybe ref # and/or serial #.
logo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2022, 09:32 PM   #336
Travelller
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by logo View Post
Yeah I think this is what he was referring to as paperwork (and is what I was referring to as well). I cannot recall what exactly the two red cards actually say on them in terms of info about the watch other than 321 movement and maybe ref # and/or serial #.
I'll have to go back and look at my review, but Brian's question actually raises an issue I had with the 321's "package".

While many owners were a bit peeved that it came in a "standard" 1861/3 Moonwatch case, I was cool with it as I don't own a newer Moonwatch so having that [same] case is still a "novelty" for me.

Having said that, the 321 was shipped like any other Omega; in one of those clear-plastic "coffins" with the two cards and the tag. The case itself gets shipped separately and for all intents & purposes, may as well be the exact same case used for the 1861/3 Moonwatch.

When I pulled out that gorgeous black booklet (with the brilliant-red page edges ), I assumed it was all about the 321 etc. and I have to admit, I was a bit let down to find out it was about "Omega in Space" in general and had absolutely no connection to the 321. So in this respect, I think Omega could have done better.

Such is life; nothing's perfect ...but damn if the watch itself isn't near-perfection I think I listed one or two "points" in my review but those have faded away and all I see now is perfection

Panerai 111 217 233
Rolex 16600 126600
Tudor 5B GMT
Zénith A386ME
Old 20 September 2022, 01:12 AM   #337
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by logo View Post
Yes that’s exactly what I meant.

Quote:
I'll have to go back and look at my review, but Brian's question actually raises an issue I had with the 321's "package".

While many owners were a bit peeved that it came in a "standard" 1861/3 Moonwatch case, I was cool with it as I don't own a newer Moonwatch so having that [same] case is still a "novelty" for me.

Having said that, the 321 was shipped like any other Omega; in one of those clear-plastic "coffins" with the two cards and the tag. The case itself gets shipped separately and for all intents & purposes, may as well be the exact same case used for the 1861/3 Moonwatch.

When I pulled out that gorgeous black booklet (with the brilliant-red page edges ), I assumed it was all about the 321 etc. and I have to admit, I was a bit let down to find out it was about "Omega in Space" in general and had absolutely no connection to the 321. So in this respect, I think Omega could have done better.

Such is life; nothing's perfect ...but damn if the watch itself isn't near-perfection I think I listed one or two "points" in my review but those have faded away and all I see now is perfection

This being my first Omega I was not disappointed by the box, in fact, I’d have preferred it if an even smaller one were used for storage purposes

I too was a little disappointed that there wasn’t some literature more specific to the 321. Even the operating manual is the generic version it seems
Old 1 October 2022, 02:55 AM   #338
steeevvvooo
"TRF" Member

Picked up today. Very happy to have what is probably the best speedmaster available. 20220930_175513.jpg

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk
Old 1 October 2022, 05:38 AM   #339
Mach
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP ROO
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeevvvooo View Post
Picked up today. Very happy to have what is probably the best speedmaster available. Attachment 1321890

Congrats, mate!
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2022, 07:28 AM   #340
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Quote:
Picked up today. Very happy to have what is probably the best speedmaster available. Attachment 1321890

Big congratulations
Old 1 October 2022, 07:37 AM   #341
Cru Jones
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:

Many congrats!!
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2022, 08:45 AM   #342
Doc Olives
"TRF" Member

Enjoy and wear in good health!

Doc Olives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2022, 11:07 AM   #343
samarth1
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: VC Cornes de Vache
Got mine earlier this year and it is hands down one of the best movements out there! Lucky to call myself an owner, and a watch I'll never let go of.

samarth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2022, 12:04 PM   #344
Onequik135i
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV
I actually received a text from a somewhat local boutique & it appears they maybe receiving one at the end of the month. I will prob go thru purchasing it if it’s official he has it incoming by then.
Old 2 October 2022, 12:58 PM   #345
Travelller
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I'll have to go back and look at my review ... When I pulled out that gorgeous black booklet (with the brilliant-red page edges ), I assumed it was all about the 321 etc. and I have to admit, I was a bit let down to find out it was about "Omega in Space" in general and had absolutely no connection to the 321. So in this respect, I think Omega could have done better...
Quote:
...I too was a little disappointed that there wasn’t some literature more specific to the 321. Even the operating manual is the generic version it seems
I stand corrected (my apologies to Omega!). I did go back to my review and didn't see any mention of "omitting 321 documentation" which really surprised me But before writing my point above, I re-inspected my 321's box & its contents, only to confirm that there was no 321-specific info.

~~~

Today I was rummaging through some of my watch literature only to find that I had taken out the supplied booklet on the 321 movement Apparently I'd taken it out to read it and never returned it to the 321's box / case...

So guys, I'm sure the booklet's burried somewhere in your case; if not, be sure to contact your OB and show them the above pic. Even if they don't have it locally, they should have no problem to get one shipped from Omega

Sorry for misleading you

Quote:
Picked up today. Very happy to have what is probably the best speedmaster available...
Quote:
Originally Posted by samarth1 View Post
Got mine earlier this year and it is hands down one of the best movements out there! Lucky to call myself an owner, and a watch I'll never let go of...
Congrats to you both - wear your 321s in good health
Panerai 111 217 233
Rolex 16600 126600
Tudor 5B GMT
Zénith A386ME
Old 2 October 2022, 09:35 PM   #346
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Quote:
Got mine earlier this year and it is hands down one of the best movements out there! Lucky to call myself an owner, and a watch I'll never let go of.

Congratulations fellas … but don’t these deserve their own incoming thread?
Old 2 October 2022, 09:37 PM   #347
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I stand corrected (my apologies to Omega!). I did go back to my review and didn't see any mention of "omitting 321 documentation" which really surprised me But before writing my point above, I re-inspected my 321's box & its contents, only to confirm that there was no 321-specific info.

~~~

Today I was rummaging through some of my watch literature only to find that I had taken out the supplied booklet on the 321 movement Apparently I'd taken it out to read it and never returned it to the 321's box / case...

So guys, I'm sure the booklet's burried somewhere in your case; if not, be sure to contact your OB and show them the above pic. Even if they don't have it locally, they should have no problem to get one shipped from Omega
Well now you’ve got me thinking … I’ll have to rummage through my storage room and see if this booklet was included in my packaging. I don’t recall

Thank you for the heads up
Old 3 October 2022, 02:50 AM   #348
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

~~~

Sorry for misleading you

Congrats to you both - wear your 321s in good health
Well, I went through my box and I do not have the 321 brochure!

They did send me a nifty space pen though

I'll be reaching out to our boutique here to see if they can send a copy.

Thank you for the heads up!

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Old 3 October 2022, 05:01 AM   #349
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Another update... my stellar SA from the Omega boutique in Vancouver is shipping me the 321 calibre booklet

Thanks again @travelller

Attachment 1322369
Old 3 October 2022, 07:04 AM   #350
steeevvvooo
"TRF" Member

I also seem to be missing the special booklet but I got a call from the SA right after I left the shop saying there was something he forgot to give me and will be sending on in the post. Hopefully it's the 321 booklet. I found the speedmaster in space one under the box.

Old 4 October 2022, 01:05 AM   #351
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I also seem to be missing the special booklet but I got a call from the SA right after I left the shop saying there was something he forgot to give me and will be sending on in the post. Hopefully it's the 321 booklet. I found the speedmaster in space one under the box.

Good to hear

I thought I might’ve missed it there too, but I did a thorough rummage and no luck.

I’m excited to have the booklet as well
Old 4 October 2022, 03:15 PM   #352
hlkenlh
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5212A
I am wondering if the 321 is boutique only? I spoke to my SA in AD, they said they haven't receive any since launch of the watch.
hlkenlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2022, 10:13 PM   #353
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

And the booklet arrived! Thank you @travelller for the heads up.

This completes the set, unless there is other swag I am not aware of

Old 6 October 2022, 10:18 PM   #354
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlkenlh View Post
I am wondering if the 321 is boutique only? I spoke to my SA in AD, they said they haven't receive any since launch of the watch.
There seems to be some disparity in answers to this. From my reading, multiple credible sources online and our Omega Boutique here (the only one in Canada), it is a boutique only reference.

There are a posts in this thread (I believe) from a member who claims to have bought it at an AD.
Old 6 October 2022, 11:21 PM   #355
jcdevoe26
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Which Omega strap is this you put on your 321? is it the grey leather with deployment that is shown on the Omega website? It looks really good with the watch and I may pick up the same option when my watch finally comes in....
jcdevoe26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2022, 12:00 PM   #356
samarth1
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: VC Cornes de Vache
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdevoe26 View Post
Which Omega strap is this you put on your 321? is it the grey leather with deployment that is shown on the Omega website? It looks really good with the watch and I may pick up the same option when my watch finally comes in....
Here are the references for them according to my receipt! I got them directly from the boutique, they go really well on the 321 and look as if it were made for them. I'm personally a strap guy, despite the top notch bracelet.

032CUZ007461 - black alligator leather with white stitching $360

094521633 - polished deployant buckle $250
samarth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2022, 12:52 PM   #357
omar-rye
"TRF" Member

Quote:
There seems to be some disparity in answers to this. From my reading, multiple credible sources online and our Omega Boutique here (the only one in Canada), it is a boutique only reference.

There are a posts in this thread (I believe) from a member who claims to have bought it at an AD.
There’s only one boutique in Canada?
omar-rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2022, 12:54 PM   #358
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar-rye View Post
There’s only one boutique in Canada?
Sadly yes, and it’s in Vancouver only 3400 km away from Me (near Toronto)
Old 7 October 2022, 06:21 PM   #359
ratty
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas and Subs
Quote:

This is how I wear mine, but the strap has a pin buckle not a clasp.
ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2022, 07:17 PM   #360
jcdevoe26
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the parts info!
jcdevoe26 is offline   Reply With Quote