The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 31 August 2022, 06:29 AM   #61
HAL330
Banned

Watch: xyz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendota View Post
Fun fact: Wally Shira wore his own personal Speedmaster aboard his Mercury-Atlas 8 mission in 1962, long before Omega even submitted watches to NASA for testing in 1965. Omega had no idea that any astronauts were wearing their watches until they saw a photo of Wally wearing his Speedy.
Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
I know that.... all of the original watches that went into space were the original pre-Professional 321 based watches, which is more reason the Ed White 321 for me is the holy grail of modern "moon watches"
HAL330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2022, 07:32 AM   #62
Mendota
"TRF" Member

Watch: OP36 Blue 3-6-9
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL330 View Post
I know that.... all of the original watches that went into space were the original pre-Professional 321 based watches, which is more reason the Ed White 321 for me is the holy grail of modern "moon watches"
Agreed 100%. I like the hand wind movements and hesalite. There's something special about hand winding a movement. It's a more personal connection and experience with the time piece. I am also a vintage 4 digit Rolex lover.
Mendota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2022, 02:20 PM   #63
DoubleJG
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060 & 16570
I’ve spent a couple weeks in Vegas this summer, have stopped by the swatch store about 8 different times, as it was along the route I was taking. They had the mission to Venus, but I passed. Last time they had Mars, Uranus, and Pluto so I picked up the Pluto. It’s a fun watch for sure, but doesn’t compare at all to the speedy other then the design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DoubleJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2022, 12:59 AM   #64
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleJG View Post
I’ve spent a couple weeks in Vegas this summer, have stopped by the swatch store about 8 different times, as it was along the route I was taking. They had the mission to Venus, but I passed. Last time they had Mars, Uranus, and Pluto so I picked up the Pluto. It’s a fun watch for sure, but doesn’t compare at all to the speedy other then the design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pluto is one of maybe 2 or 3 I'm interested in. Really like the colors on this one. Fun watch. I don't have a Swatch retailer near me but if I ever get to one I'll probably pick one of these up.

Sent from my Galaxy S20 using Tapatalk
samson66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2022, 02:34 AM   #65
amsterdamfats
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116503
Since my Daytona is in the shop I picked up the Saturn on Sunday at NYC Swatch store.

I am looking forward to getting my Daytona back on Friday.

Nice watch, but I'll let my son wear it if he wants.
amsterdamfats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2022, 07:30 PM   #66
DeepDeep
"TRF" Member

I pasty the shop next to station every morning on way to work and there are at least 10 people standing in queue every day. Same people and certainly flippers! Apparently both stores in Geneva as I hear have had people coming back to return the watches and guess what they were fake! Plenty of fakes floating around...
DeepDeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2022, 04:43 AM   #67
GST15
"TRF" Member

Watch: CHNR/YM/DJ/OP/SUB
It will run its course like beanie babies, cabbage patch dolls, and other toys. It's not a serious watch. I do understand the attraction for some, but ultimately it damages the fine Omega brand IMHO. But to each his/her own.
GST15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2022, 02:12 PM   #68
Slimpee
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: DJ 41; 1803; BB Ch
I stopped by the Munich store this morning before heading back to the States. It was pretty crazy. People were lined up before I got there at 10 AM, when the store was supposed to open. I guess shipments come in daily and the store doesn’t know when the shipment will come in or what will be in the shipment. At one point, one of the employees came out and said which versions were going to be available that day, but I still had to wait a while to actually get into buy one. I was literally about one minute away from leaving when they started letting people in. I waited over two hours before going in but considering it was the first time I’ve been able to go to a retailer, I feel lucky.

I guess people lineup hoping for a certain model, so when the guy came out and said which models would be available, a bunch of people left. According to the guy next to me, That’s common. Apparently, the dark blue version is the most difficult to get. I went with Jupiter, which is pretty cool.

In short, the craze is alive and well.
Slimpee is offline   Reply With Quote