The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 24 April 2022, 06:54 AM   #1
Lesnerelli23
"TRF" Member

Rip ob mi

If any members care to know and haven’t already heard the OB in MI (the only one) closes its doors tomorrow :/ Next closest one is in Chicago!!!

I’ll have to look at AD’s in the area, the only that I know of is Jared’s and I’m not a fan… Plus they’ll only help with servicing if a piece was purchased from them!!!!

Ughhhh….
Lesnerelli23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2022, 09:15 AM   #2
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesnerelli23 View Post
If any members care to know and haven’t already heard the OB in MI (the only one) closes its doors tomorrow :/ Next closest one is in Chicago!!!

I’ll have to look at AD’s in the area, the only that I know of is Jared’s and I’m not a fan… Plus they’ll only help with servicing if a piece was purchased from them!!!!

Ughhhh….
Bummer. I hope Omega figures out channels of distribution soon because this is not a good direction.

Here in the Buffalo, NY area we had a few ADs, and over the past ten years all of them have dropped or been dropped by Omega. None left at all.
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2022, 09:56 AM   #3
Nodzex
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Ughhhh….
Jared doesn’t carry Omega since late March either!!
Nodzex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2022, 09:57 AM   #4
rmagoo57
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT II/Sub/Exp II
Mastercraft in Livonia carries Omega. Give Steve a call.
rmagoo57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2022, 01:19 PM   #5
Lesnerelli23
"TRF" Member

I just received a follow up email from my SA at the OB, there is a “Partner Omega Boutique” opening in the same mall and it sounds like inventory and employees are all just moving over there. So, good news overall :)

Nodzex, not surprised by that!
Old 25 April 2022, 05:20 AM   #6
Nodzex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I just received a follow up email from my SA at the OB, there is a “Partner Omega Boutique” opening in the same mall and it sounds like inventory and employees are all just moving over there. So, good news overall :)

Nodzex, not surprised by that!
That’s a good news!
Old 25 April 2022, 10:38 PM   #7
Redfoot
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pelagos FXD!!!
The Somerset Boutique still shows open on the Omega website? Oh well- they were always very nice and informative when we went to the boutique, but we were usually the only people in the store, and they had 4-5 employees at all times.

I wonder if Tappers will now be an Omega dealer?
Redfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2022, 01:08 AM   #8
Lesnerelli23
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfoot View Post
The Somerset Boutique still shows open on the Omega website? Oh well- they were always very nice and informative when we went to the boutique, but we were usually the only people in the store, and they had 4-5 employees at all times.

I wonder if Tappers will now be an Omega dealer?
Ya, same experience. Empty store. SA said they’re opening right across the hall as a “partner boutique”.
Old 26 April 2022, 02:49 AM   #9
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

So an omega company owned OB closed and is reopening as an exclusive omega space run by an AD? That’s a weird move
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2022, 01:28 AM   #10
Lesnerelli23
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
So an omega company owned OB closed and is reopening as an exclusive omega space run by an AD? That’s a weird move
That’s what it sounds like. Especially since the SA said he could still help me with any purchases over the summer….
Old 27 April 2022, 01:56 AM   #11
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Plus they’ll only help with servicing if a piece was purchased from them!!!!
Doubt this is allowed.
Wahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2022, 05:13 AM   #12
Redfoot
"TRF" Member

Jared Galleria in Shelby Twp definitely no longer carries Omega- I called them after reading this thread and was told they no longer carried Omega as of late March 2022, and Omega took back all the unsold inventory.
Old 28 April 2022, 09:39 AM   #13
Lesnerelli23
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahlberg View Post
Doubt this is allowed.
I agree. It seemed fishy. That’s why I didn’t go back when I was in the market for a Planet Ocean even though it may have saved me a few hundred $$$!
Old 12 September 2022, 10:22 PM   #14
Redfoot
"TRF" Member

Visited Somerset yesterday- Omega is opening new boutique across aisle from previous location.

Lots of changes at the mall- new stores coming in and existing stores remodeling. Still busy, and people were spending money like crazy from what we observed. Lots of high end handbags and accessories (LV, Gucci, MCM, Chanel)

Also the Cartier boutique no longer in Saks, and I just noticed the Breitling boutique on the Macy's side of the mall!

Tapper's still treats most everyone like dirt- I know they get a lot of tire kickers and BS- but we have never had a good experience there. Their other locations are much better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Omega.jpg (47.6 KB, 257 views)
Old 13 September 2022, 09:10 PM   #15
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Good news.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2022, 10:49 PM   #16
PT_91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Visited Somerset yesterday- Omega is opening new boutique across aisle from previous location.
Seems weird that they didn't even bother to use the right font etc...walking past this I would think it's just a random clothing store called Omega
PT_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2022, 10:52 PM   #17
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEC View Post
Bummer. I hope Omega figures out channels of distribution soon because this is not a good direction.

Here in the Buffalo, NY area we had a few ADs, and over the past ten years all of them have dropped or been dropped by Omega. None left at all.
That’s tough to see Tony.

We have a few ADs here in the GTA if you ever get up our way
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2022, 11:27 AM   #18
penguin_2000
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seiko SNE039
Quote:
Tapper's still treats most everyone like dirt- I know they get a lot of tire kickers and BS- but we have never had a good experience there. Their other locations are much better.
I’m glad I’m not the only one that feels this way. Everybody on the main Rolex forums seems to have nothing but good things to say about them.

Looking forward to seeing the new store open, hopefully soon. Even though I never bought anything at the Omega store they were always very pleasant to me.
Went back this summer to purchase something I waffled on for a long time and they were gone.
penguin_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2022, 11:37 PM   #19
Redfoot
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin_2000 View Post
I’m glad I’m not the only one that feels this way. Everybody on the main Rolex forums seems to have nothing but good things to say about them.

Looking forward to seeing the new store open, hopefully soon. Even though I never bought anything at the Omega store they were always very pleasant to me.
Went back this summer to purchase something I waffled on for a long time and they were gone.
Agreed- don't get me wrong, I think Tappers does a great job, but they have 3 stores catering to the wealthiest people in Michigan, so I don't get too offended when they brush me off. I have a friend who was waiting on a Daytona for a year so so, and after he bought a large (6 figure) engagement ring, the Daytona magically showed up. Definitely pay to play there.....
Old 16 September 2022, 09:34 AM   #20
Nodzex
"TRF" Member

Not a fan of Tappers either! Rip off store, don’t care about watch enthusiasts, just money! They don’t know about watches except for manager, they are basically sale associates!
I Went to buy a Breitling and was turned off by unprofessionalisam, turned around and left.
They lost a customer. Went to Tappers at Birmingham and completely different tune. Walked out with Snowflake!