The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 9 May 2019, 01:37 AM   #1
GradyPhilpott
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Tudor North Flag
Hoa

Attached Images
File Type: jpg finger fence.jpg (94.6 KB, 581 views)

Inaugural TRF $50 Watch Challenge Winner
GradyPhilpott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2019, 01:47 AM   #2
bravetony
"TRF" Member

that's the way to do it!
bravetony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2019, 02:09 AM   #3
TheRolexKingofLV
"TRF" Member

HOAs are the worst! It’s a big scam here in Vegas with them!
Old 9 May 2019, 03:13 AM   #4
BNA/LION

Watch: ROLEX
Perfect way to respond to HOA and cover trash cans.

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2019, 03:25 AM   #5
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
My old HOA said I could not tear down an old rusty steel shed and rebuild a nice new wood shed on the same concrete slab. If I tore down the steel shed I would have to also remove the slab and plant new grass.

So I tore down the shed and built a new wood structure on the concrete pad that loosely resembled a shed. In that new structure I put in a rather large dog door and a name plaque over the door that read “Ch. Dexter’s Magnificent Maximus”. When the HOA sent me a letter about the violation with the shed I replied “what shed? You will have to come out and show me”. When the president and vp showed up and we walked into the back yard my 225 lb. St. Bernard, Max, lumbered out of his new doghouse. I never heard from them again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2019, 04:26 AM   #6
singe89
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP & Patek
Some HOAs are the worst. I get maintaining common areas, making sure exterior structures and look good, etc but my rentals in Irvine are the worst.

Lost a tenant because you have to park two cars in the two car garage and he had a truck that was too big. If he had a 3rd car they would have given him a parking pass for the truck but since he only had his truck and his wife's car they both needed to be parked in the garage.

Another one won't let me rent my condo to my two younger brothers and their life long friend (3 bedroom). The rules state that all people living in the condo need to be related. Yet its perfectly okay to have 3 generations of family grandparents, adult parents and kids (7+ people) all living in the same 3 bedroom.

also got fined for a tenant leaving the garage open too long, kids using chalk on the sidewalk, wrong light brightness on the light over the house number, the list goes on and on and on.
singe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2019, 07:15 AM   #7
piratfisk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16233, 116619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by singe89 View Post
Some HOAs are the worst. I get maintaining common areas, making sure exterior structures and look good, etc but my rentals in Irvine are the worst.

Lost a tenant because you have to park two cars in the two car garage and he had a truck that was too big. If he had a 3rd car they would have given him a parking pass for the truck but since he only had his truck and his wife's car they both needed to be parked in the garage.

Another one won't let me rent my condo to my two younger brothers and their life long friend (3 bedroom). The rules state that all people living in the condo need to be related. Yet its perfectly okay to have 3 generations of family grandparents, adult parents and kids (7+ people) all living in the same 3 bedroom.

also got fined for a tenant leaving the garage open too long, kids using chalk on the sidewalk, wrong light brightness on the light over the house number, the list goes on and on and on.
This is INSANITY. I do not doubt the authenticity of your account, I find it hard to believe that there are human beings that run the HOA that are this asinine! My wife teaches at UCI & we're relocating to San Diego. Our new property will *not* be under the HOA. This is a horror story.
piratfisk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2019, 07:38 AM   #8
imperio
"TRF" Member

Watch: this space
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdex75 View Post
My old HOA said I could not tear down an old rusty steel shed and rebuild a nice new wood shed on the same concrete slab. If I tore down the steel shed I would have to also remove the slab and plant new grass.

So I tore down the shed and built a new wood structure on the concrete pad that loosely resembled a shed. In that new structure I put in a rather large dog door and a name plaque over the door that read “Ch. Dexter’s Magnificent Maximus”. When the HOA sent me a letter about the violation with the shed I replied “what shed? You will have to come out and show me”. When the president and vp showed up and we walked into the back yard my 225 lb. St. Bernard, Max, lumbered out of his new doghouse. I never heard from them again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Nicely done
Old 9 May 2019, 09:47 AM   #9
ltmgeller

Watch: Rolex
Old 9 May 2019, 11:59 AM   #10
SG56
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: SD4K
Quote:
Originally Posted by singe89 View Post

Omg, I'd go crazy.

Window shopping for a new house a D trying to avoid associations at all costs. It's getting harder.

We had a 6x12 enclosed trailer for the bikes that we would unload, then push in one of the garages.

When we hat to leave early, we would pull it out of the garage, load, and attach to the truck. For the few hours between say 8 pm and 4am, neighbors would already call the association and complain.

I hate people.

Where we live now, we have great neighbors.
But the move far south will be hopefully no HOA.
Yacht-Master 268622 - the chick version
Speedy Mitsukoshi <3
Tag Heuer Aquaracer WAF141C.BA0824 - the chick version

Thank you logan5tx!!! Have to link it. Too long for the signature.
https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...0&postcount=14
SG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2019, 12:51 PM   #11
AzPaul
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 1501
Old 10 May 2019, 03:17 AM   #12
93vtech
"TRF" Member

93vtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2019, 06:02 AM   #13
singe89
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP & Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratfisk View Post
This is INSANITY. I do not doubt the authenticity of your account, I find it hard to believe that there are human beings that run the HOA that are this asinine! My wife teaches at UCI & we're relocating to San Diego. Our new property will *not* be under the HOA. This is a horror story.
Properties are in Quail Hill. Great location but HOA is horrible. Part of the parking issue is that many of the condos have multiple generations of family members living together and it made street parking a nightmare. You also have those neighbors that walk around trying to report people to the HOA for every possible infraction like they have nothing better to do.

My wife mostly deals with the tenants and properties unless it gets really bad and she gets me involved. The last penalty they sent a letter that we never got and then fined us with additional penalties for not responding. They wouldn't even listen when we tried to explain we never got the original letter. I wanted to get a large bag full of pennies and dump it all over the floor of the next HOA board meeting to pay the fine.

I've thought about selling the condos more than a few times because of the HOA headaches but its easy to find tenants, rental rates and property values are going up so other then the headache of the HOAs they are a good investment.

UCI is an awesome school. I was born and raised in Irvine and went to Uni HS next to UCI. There are still pockets of great communities but the rise in population and high density living has led to some pretty ridiculous HOA rules.
singe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2019, 10:34 PM   #14
Psmith
"TRF" Member

Watch: spring-driven
Old 10 May 2019, 11:02 PM   #15
michaelodonnell123
Banned

Watch: Panerai 112
[QUOTE=piratfisk;9616671]... I find it hard to believe that there are human beings that run the HOA that are this asinine.../QUOTE]

I find it even harder to believe that anybody would sign a contract agreeing to allow their lives to be run by people who are asinine.
michaelodonnell123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2019, 10:20 AM   #16
THC

Watch: 16610M
Grady, so perfect, going through this currently. Cracked me up, thanks sir
THC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2019, 10:29 AM   #17
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Old 12 May 2019, 02:46 PM   #18