The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watch Reviews (Non-Rolex)

Old 8 October 2021, 07:43 AM   #1
soulsea
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

TAG Heuer Aquaracer Professional 300 'Night Diver' WBP201D

I just got this in today and I am shocked at how much I love this watch. First and fwiw, I purchased it from an out of state AD for $2500 shipped no tax. I don't know if they're available for less but just noting it because that's my baseline frame of reference for value. I will say that I'd be just as happy with it at full retail.

One thing I can say for certain is that until you see this watch in person you cannot appreciate how special it feels. I don't think the word pigment is applicable to watches, but whatever the semantic equivalent is for coloring timepieces I have never seen such a high contrast white/black watch before. It is striking on the wrist and that's in broad daylight before any lume qualities come in to play. And it's not because it's the whitest white, there's actually a slight 'creaminess' to the dial, yet there is such depth to it that it is gorgeous agains the black framing. This makes for a warm contrast with is actually more substantive than if they had taken the black and white to their extremes.

I'm not going to go too much into the lume because everything has been said about it already online, and to be honest unless it can persist long enough to light up my menu at a restaurant it is more of a fun rather than functional thing for me. :)

I honestly cannot recommend this watch enough, and for me it is a great value ... not only because I have a rudimentary appreciation of what it takes to lume a dial like this, but mostly because I cannot think of another $2500 in existence that I would rather have more.

https://www.tagheuer.com/us/en/timep...1D.FT6197.html
soulsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2022, 04:22 PM   #2
Gurneesh
Banned

Nice choice sir!!
Gurneesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2022, 06:19 AM   #3
amphr1
2024 Pledge Member

I wonder what it would be like to have a watch that has lumed dial like this one, but dark blue or black hour/min needle without lume. I bet you can still see real well and you'd have more design choices for the needles.
amphr1 is online now   Reply With Quote