The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watch Reviews (Non-Rolex)

Old 6 March 2022, 09:22 PM   #1
Bazza.
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lots of them
CIGA Design Titanium X Just WOW

This watch for the money is simply amazing
Dual titanium cases with suspension custom movement

Here is a link to my review https://youtu.be/xZ7CQHFntuA

Zenith 1931 Pocket Watch, Laco Memmingen,Corum Jumping Hours LE 001/300 , Sinn EZM1 LE ,EZM2-GSG9 , U2 Black, EZM13 , UX-GSG9 ,556A, 104 , 144 60th Anniversary , Oris Diver 65 1st gen , CIGA X Series Titanium , Dwiss R2, Pequignet Royal Manual
Bazza. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2022, 02:35 PM   #2
amphr1
2024 Pledge Member

Last time I looked at this brand, they made watch with poor legibility and barely water resistant. The only thing good which is also a red flag, is how cheap it cost to buy.
amphr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2022, 05:46 PM   #3
Bazza.
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amphora001 View Post
Last time I looked at this brand, they made watch with poor legibility and barely water resistant. The only thing good which is also a red flag, is how cheap it cost to buy.
The same can be said about Richard Mille or Urwerk can it not ?
I feel your but your missing the point its a shame really
Zenith 1931 Pocket Watch, Laco Memmingen,Corum Jumping Hours LE 001/300 , Sinn EZM1 LE ,EZM2-GSG9 , U2 Black, EZM13 , UX-GSG9 ,556A, 104 , 144 60th Anniversary , Oris Diver 65 1st gen , CIGA X Series Titanium , Dwiss R2, Pequignet Royal Manual
Old 12 March 2022, 10:39 PM   #4
charger_vital
"TRF" Member

Watch: LF Sport & Pepsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazza. View Post
The same can be said about Richard Mille or Urwerk can it not ?
I feel your but your missing the point its a shame really
So, what is the point?
charger_vital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2022, 06:17 AM   #5
amphr1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charger_vital View Post
So, what is the point?
I watched your video and still don't get it.

The suspension thing is novel but I'm not convinced that it actually does anything. A G-Shock has been taking hits for decades and has never needed a suspension, which is btw a single vector. Unless your wrist has a 40+mm indentation, and your bone is supporting the frame, that suspension isn't going to move or lessen the shock one bit.

I agree that for $200 it's good value, but at the end of the day, it's $200, and I can probably find a better quality watch from Casio digital or automatic, albeit less creative.
amphr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2022, 06:26 AM   #6
herts9
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Nothing about this watch is appealing to me. I can point out a dozen reasons why I wouldn’t wear it, but that’s the beauty of this hobby….if it sings to you, then to hell what I think.
herts9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2022, 06:45 PM   #7
Bazza.
"TRF" Member

A horologist doesn't care about the cost of a watch or its social standing its about the details
And the creatively which the brand brings to the table for what is I believe a very low cost
This watch isn't about high legibility or its water resistance after all its not
A dress watch nor is it in fact a divers watch.

Its a about a company pushing the boundaries of what is expected form an affordable
Timepiece and for this I nod my head in approval to it

I've reviewed many different watches on my channel from vintage Rolex models
Costing well over $50k and all the way down to this
and this impressed me at its price point
Old 25 April 2022, 02:14 PM   #8
donas
Banned

Watch: 116619
That's pretty cool, thanks for posting. I like the silver/blue color best, too bad they are sold out. For that price, I'd be tempted to give it a try. They have some others styles that sure look familiar....homage, I believe some on TRF call it.
donas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2022, 03:26 AM   #9
ILoveFerrari
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amphora001 View Post
I watched your video and still don't get it.

The suspension thing is novel but I'm not convinced that it actually does anything. A G-Shock has been taking hits for decades and has never needed a suspension, which is btw a single vector. Unless your wrist has a 40+mm indentation, and your bone is supporting the frame, that suspension isn't going to move or lessen the shock one bit.

I agree that for $200 it's good value, but at the end of the day, it's $200, and I can probably find a better quality watch from Casio digital or automatic, albeit less creative.
CIGA is earning respect especially after earning a GPHG award last year. Don't know if you know that. I am very surprised this is only $200.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
ILoveFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2022, 06:54 AM   #10
HuguenotSW1
Banned

Amazing watch!
HuguenotSW1 is offline   Reply With Quote