The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Grand Seiko & Seiko Discussion Forum

Old 29 April 2022, 12:08 AM   #1
dualcarb
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lover
Steel bracelet for the SBGW 231

Hello fellow watch lovers. I was wondering if anyone here would be able to assist me. I have been browsing the web and noticed that although the SBGW231 comes with a leather strap. Some managed to procure an original GS steel bracelet for the 231. This is an oyster and not a beads of rice bracelet.

So my question is...which model bracelet in the GS range would fit the SBGW231? Many thanks
dualcarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2022, 02:49 PM   #2
blueslug84n
"TRF" Member

I believe you may be referring to the SBGW235? It comes on a really handsome looking bracelet and is otherwise identical to the 231 unless there is some dial hue difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
blueslug84n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2022, 08:58 AM   #3
dualcarb
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueslug84n View Post
I believe you may be referring to the SBGW235? It comes on a really handsome looking bracelet and is otherwise identical to the 231 unless there is some dial hue difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
235 has a silvery coloured dial and a blued seconds hand, whereas the 231 has a creamy coloured dial.

235 comes standard with a beads of rice steel bracelet and the 231nis only available with a leather strap.

Which is why I’m looking to see if I can procure a steel bracelet for the 231.
Old 30 April 2022, 09:30 AM   #4
drhr
2024 Pledge Member

My quandary exactly, you are right in your comments regarding the models and what is available at purchase.

The only place that I've found that sells the oyster bracelets is seiya japan.com I've bought stuff from him before and have been completely satisfied.

He is temporarily out of stock of oyster bracelets for the 231. I have put in a request to be notified when he gets them back in. You may want to do the same. Good luck to you no matter . . .
Old 30 April 2022, 09:35 AM   #5
drhr
2024 Pledge Member

As an aside, I have ordered a beads of rice bracelet from the Grand Seiko USA online store and still am waiting for it. I paid a third of what seiyajapan.com is showing as cost for the bracelet so willing to wait.

The oyster bracelets may be japan domestic only and thus not available through Grand Seiko USA, so seiya's price is probably higher than if it was bought here but such is the nature of our addiction I guess, sigh . . .
Old 30 April 2022, 06:51 PM   #6
dualcarb
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhr View Post
As an aside, I have ordered a beads of rice bracelet from the Grand Seiko USA online store and still am waiting for it. I paid a third of what seiyajapan.com is showing as cost for the bracelet so willing to wait.

The oyster bracelets may be japan domestic only and thus not available through Grand Seiko USA, so seiya's price is probably higher than if it was bought here but such is the nature of our addiction I guess, sigh . . .
Thank you for chiming in. I looked at seiya. And they do seem a little extravagant in pricing. Which is why I was looking for further advice as to a better option. And I also see they all manner of GS steel bracelets are sold out. I can only hope that there are others with better experience and if they know what will fit the SBGw231 as a steel alternative.
Old 1 May 2022, 03:14 AM   #7
drhr
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dualcarb View Post
Thank you for chiming in. I looked at seiya. And they do seem a little extravagant in pricing. Which is why I was looking for further advice as to a better option. And I also see they all manner of GS steel bracelets are sold out. I can only hope that there are others with better experience and if they know what will fit the SBGw231 as a steel alternative.
You're more than welcome . . . and I too would be interested in knowing about alternatives so will be visiting this thread often.
Old 13 June 2022, 11:48 AM   #8
Aconitase
"TRF" Member

Watch: VC, Omega, GS, MG
Quote:
Originally Posted by drhr View Post

How were you able to find the beads or rice bracelet on the online boutique? I'm looking to install one on my SBGY007. I can't seem to locate an option to buy bracelets only, unless it was removed recently?
Aconitase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2022, 09:04 PM   #9
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconitase View Post
How were you able to find the beads or rice bracelet on the online boutique? I'm looking to install one on my SBGY007. I can't seem to locate an option to buy bracelets only, unless it was removed recently?
Call a boutique to place order
ap1 is online now   Reply With Quote