The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 23 May 2022, 09:44 PM   #1
JRell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LN
Collection ender?

Anyone feel they have that one watch and really don’t need any others? I mean seriously being done, at least for the near future, without adding any others. I have went through 114060 x2, bluesy x 3, datejust x 3, and the root beer to get to my current BLNR + jubilee. I can wear it with anything. Dress and casual. Understated, while having some flash at the same time. I am keeping the 124060 for my son, but I really don’t have a desire to wear it over the blrn, it is so comfortable. I keep saying I will get the LV and Daytona when they come in, but to be honest I don’t know why when they won’t top the blrn for me. I think I am done???
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 352A4AC8-A3F7-4DAD-B579-62396740796E.jpeg (122.3 KB, 1089 views)
Old 23 May 2022, 09:53 PM   #2
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRell View Post
Anyone feel they have that one watch and really don’t need any others?
No. That's why I collect watches. If I had to standardise to only one watch from my collection it would not be a Rolex.

Each to our own. If you are happy with your choice you are in a good place. If it's right for you, it's right.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2022, 09:55 PM   #3
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
That’s the last one I’m after. I was hoping for a green dial YG Daytona but I really think this BLNR would do it for me.
Old 23 May 2022, 09:56 PM   #4
JRell
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyk View Post
That’s the last one I’m after. I was hoping for a green dial YG Daytona but I really think this BLNR would do it for me.
You have the LV, that still has me interested, but the BLNR is very difficult to take off!
Old 23 May 2022, 09:57 PM   #5
JRell
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry-57 View Post
No. That's why I collect watches. If I had to standardise to only one watch from my collection it would not be a Rolex.

Each to our own. If you are happy with your choice you are in a good place. If it's right for you, it's right.
Old 23 May 2022, 10:01 PM   #6
Kevin of Larchmont
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Ingersoll Mickey
Nope, the hunt and the catch are part of the fun. One watch seeds interest in another, this is the beauty of our hobby. And every watch gets to be perfect and my favorite for awhile until I discover the next watch.
Kevin of Larchmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2022, 10:01 PM   #7
ROLEX*
"TRF" Member

Watch: ROLEXROLEXROLEX
living in the present and be happy with what you have is the best
Old 23 May 2022, 10:49 PM   #8
10klakes
"TRF" Member

Watch: Collector
I think we all have that moment where a new piece gives us the feeling we could be done. But at some point another piece catches your attention, and you get drawn back into the hunt.

My collection of Rolex is in the mid 20s, and I’ve had those thoughts, but I’m usually back at it again a little while down the track. I also get that feeling I could be done, when I swap out pieces and wear ones I haven’t worn in a while.

The BLNR is nice, both oyster, jubilee, and my personal favorite- on a brushed oyster w/glidelock. It works well with the 116710. It’s also great on the Everest rubber strap-
10klakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2022, 10:57 PM   #9
rmlovett1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: YTBD
Love that one , have it. I don’t know if I’ll ever have a “collection ender”, I enjoy the hunt , the newer references, etc…that’s why there’s enjoyment for all in this hobby/passion.
rmlovett1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2022, 11:00 PM   #10
B2 Stealth
"TRF" Member

BLRO and BLNR--my Rolex journey is for the most part complete. Perhaps a Sky-Dweller when I retire in 3 years--my AD assured me he will make it happen. Very content with my GMTs and Submariner.
The jubilee bracelet on BLNR is so comfortable I won't take my watch off for days.
B2 Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2022, 11:05 PM   #11
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
I am not sure I could ever get to just one.

I do feel that I have too many and frequently think about selling most of them as this hobby is not what it once was
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2022, 11:05 PM   #12
Cambo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Grand Seiko
White gold blue dial Daytona or the Platona. Either one and I’m done
Old 23 May 2022, 11:22 PM   #13
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by beshannon View Post
I am not sure I could ever get to just one.\

I do feel that I have too many and frequently think about selling most of them as thbis hobby is not what it once was
Well said, and I would like to say I agree except I'm nearly absolutely certain.
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2022, 11:35 PM   #14
casadecamporolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116619LB
Been collecting Rolex watches for over 4 decades, with my focus being SS Professional series.
With the recently changed RolexUSA marketing strategy, the 3 ADs I dealt with have all been axed.
I went from a "rarified" status to a "0".
Now, getting in line a new reference at MSRP seems like a long shot.
However, if I get the call for the new 40mm Platinum Day/Date with fluted bezel and white dial, I’m there like Time Square.
casadecamporolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2022, 11:37 PM   #15
Epanerai12
"TRF" Member

Watch: Depends on the day
I just rotated the heck out of my "collection" to get down to the 4 pieces that scratch each type of watch itch: Diver, Dress, Chrono, & GMT. After selling some Omega divers and my Daytona, I am looking to finish as follows:

1.) Diver / beat around - Panerai Submersible 42 (PAM973) - have it
2.) Dress / Haute horologie - JLC Ultra Thin Moon Silver Dial - have it
3.) Chrono /cool & casual - Omega Speedmaster 3861 Hesalite - have it
4.) GMT / classy yet douchey - Rolex GMT Master II BLNR - working on it

I explained to my wife that the only way out (meaning no more buying watches) was to go deeper in....(she just rolled her eyes)
Old 23 May 2022, 11:40 PM   #16
cglondon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Anyone feel they have that one watch and really don’t need any others? I mean seriously being done, at least for the near future, without adding any others. I have went through 114060 x2, bluesy x 3, datejust x 3, and the root beer to get to my current BLNR + jubilee. I can wear it with anything. Dress and casual. Understated, while having some flash at the same time. I am keeping the 124060 for my son, but I really don’t have a desire to wear it over the blrn, it is so comfortable. I keep saying I will get the LV and Daytona when they come in, but to be honest I don’t know why when they won’t top the blrn for me. I think I am done???

That’s my grail. So I completely understand how you feel about it. Chances are, I ll never get one. As I will never pay 18k for a £8k watch. And I’m happy about that. I can admire it from afar. Enjoy your BLNR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cglondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2022, 11:52 PM   #17
Only Wrist
"TRF" Member

Yes, I have felt that way too OP...then the feeling fades. Dont get me wrong, I still love the watches that I though would be the "collection enders" but it never lasts (at least not in my experience). In my collecting journey, I have gone from having 1 watch, to 6, back to one, and now I am at 3. I just realized that what I love so much is the ability to out on something different every few weeks and then gong back to the once I originally had on is almost as good as the first time. Love your BLNR, I got married in mind and will likely pass on to my son!
Old 23 May 2022, 11:55 PM   #18
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
You have the LV, that still has me interested, but the BLNR is very difficult to take off!
Got the new LV from my new SA at a brand new WOS Rolex boutique that opened up near me. I also indicated I want the BLNR next since I was one of their first customers at the new store. On Saturday I got a text from my great new SA, she gave them her two week notice. Oh well, back to square one but I did manage to get the LV
Old 24 May 2022, 12:01 AM   #19
Adam84
Banned

Watch: Cant choose!
Yes and No.

When i bought my BB58 it broke my collection....such good bang for buck, so versitile that i sold 3 Omegas because i just wasnt wearing them and couldnt justify that kind of cash sitting around doing nothing.

It hasnt stopped me collecting but it has made buying anything around the same price point extremely difficult becuase it fills such a big hole in my collection.
Adam84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2022, 12:09 AM   #20
Alex369
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I'm actually feeling very much the same. I had a number of other watches I wanted to acquire prior to getting the call for the GMT blnr, but now that I have it (also on the jubilee), it might be a while until I add anything. I mean, I could aim for a Dytona, but between the GMT and the Speedy Pro I have, I'm not sure I'd really wear it all that often. I might consider some precious metal at some point, though...
Alex369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2022, 12:09 AM   #21
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
Very happy with where I’m at with my collection but don’t think there will ever be an “end game” for me.
travisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2022, 12:10 AM   #22
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
Quote:
Anyone feel they have that one watch and really don’t need any others?
While perfectly fine and the most common sentiment overall, this mindset doesn’t apply to a watch collector. Watch collectors, as the name denotes enjoy collecting watches, horology in general and the varied aesthetic and technical differences of each watch.

It isn’t uncommon for previously avid collectors to consolidate to one watch. On the flip-side, it isn’t uncommon for someone to be a “one watch guy” for decades, and then mysteriously get bitten by the collector bug.

♛ 116689 ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLNR ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 126610LV ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - ✿ Tudor Black Bay 58 Bronze M79012M, Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2022, 12:21 AM   #23
rmagoo57
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT II/Sub/Exp II
When I look at my BLNR on the wrist I think it could be my one and only watch! But I also think that about every Rolex I own! For now, I'm enjoying the variety of watches I have but will probably scale down the collection when I'm ready for the old folks home.
rmagoo57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2022, 12:24 AM   #24
JRell
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cglondon View Post
That’s my grail. So I completely understand how you feel about it. Chances are, I ll never get one. As I will never pay 18k for a £8k watch. And I’m happy about that. I can admire it from afar. Enjoy your BLNR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you! Hold firm, go into your AD and show them your message. I feel the market will make these watches more available.
Old 24 May 2022, 12:25 AM   #25
JRell
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Wrist View Post
Yes, I have felt that way too OP...then the feeling fades. Dont get me wrong, I still love the watches that I though would be the "collection enders" but it never lasts (at least not in my experience). In my collecting journey, I have gone from having 1 watch, to 6, back to one, and now I am at 3. I just realized that what I love so much is the ability to out on something different every few weeks and then gong back to the once I originally had on is almost as good as the first time. Love your BLNR, I got married in mind and will likely pass on to my son!
You are probably correct and could feel different in a few months. Than you and would be a great one to pass along to your son!
Old 24 May 2022, 12:27 AM   #26
JRell
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyk View Post
Got the new LV from my new SA at a brand new WOS Rolex boutique that opened up near me. I also indicated I want the BLNR next since I was one of their first customers at the new store. On Saturday I got a text from my great new SA, she gave them her two week notice. Oh well, back to square one but I did manage to get the LV
Use that as an opportunity to transition your relationship to the next SA! I see that as a good opportunity. Ask her if she could set up a quick meeting to transition the relationship to the new SA, or even better her boss.
Old 24 May 2022, 12:28 AM   #27
JRell
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inadeje View Post
While perfectly fine and the most common sentiment overall, this mindset doesn’t apply to a watch collector. Watch collectors, as the name denotes enjoy collecting watches, horology in general and the varied aesthetic and technical differences of each watch.

It isn’t uncommon for previously avid collectors to consolidate to one watch. On the flip-side, it isn’t uncommon for someone to be a “one watch guy” for decades, and then mysteriously get bitten by the collector bug.

True - I also just might not be cut out to be a true collector. We shall see!
Old 24 May 2022, 12:32 AM   #28
amh
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
If I get a BLNR some day I think it could be the end.
amh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2022, 12:33 AM   #29
JRell
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmagoo57 View Post
When I look at my BLNR on the wrist I think it could be my one and only watch! But I also think that about every Rolex I own! For now, I'm enjoying the variety of watches I have but will probably scale down the collection when I'm ready for the old folks home.
Very hard to take off the wrist!
Old 24 May 2022, 12:34 AM   #30
JRell
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amh View Post
If I get a BLNR some day I think it could be the end.
Man I hope you get it, I really do. Positive thoughts sending your way.