The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX


Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watch Reviews (Non-Rolex)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 December 2016, 09:01 PM   #91
kiralymd
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: EU
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by kxux View Post
What a wonderful read about a great watch. I love the white dial on Nautilus. Thanks for sharing your journey and review.

Just like Mike I'm interested to hear how you view the watch few months from now, after the honeymoon is over ;-).

Enjoy.
It a Nautilus. The honeymoon is NEVER over

OP: Regular uldates please. How it wears, what do you like about it as a edc.
Your collection now is very well rounded. Great congrats and respect.
Wear them watches in good health
kiralymd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2017, 09:11 PM   #92
Arclight
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Real Name: Rob
Location: New York
Watch: Rolex
Posts: 577
I came to this party late, but I'm pleased to find this great review. I'm also glad to hear of your pleasant interaction with Patek NYC.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2017, 03:26 AM   #93
vladamir15
2018 Pledge Member
 
vladamir15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Real Name: Amir
Location: Dallas
Watch: DJ 36mm : Dj II
Posts: 1,256
Nice review! Looks great!
__________________
The Most Valuable Commodity is Time
vladamir15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2017, 02:36 AM   #94
beshannon
2018 Pledge Member
 
beshannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Real Name: Brian
Location: Northern Virginia
Watch: Patek 5711
Posts: 8,091
Update:

Right on schedule at 21 weeks I received a call today to verify information for shipment.

I should have my watch back on Thursday and will update as to the packing and results of the service.

Thanks.
__________________

Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Patek 5711/1A-011, A. Lange & Sohne 1815rg, Rolex Cosmograph 116520, Rolex 14060M Submariner, Omega 3570.50 Speedmaster Professional, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, Tudor Heritage Black Bay Bronze
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2017, 09:14 PM   #95
beshannon
2018 Pledge Member
 
beshannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Real Name: Brian
Location: Northern Virginia
Watch: Patek 5711
Posts: 8,091
Update:

Watch received from Fed EX two day shipping. Packaged very well inside a plain brown box, the watch was bubble wrapped and vacuum sealed. QC hang tag and sticker were on the watch.

Patek covered the broken barrel bridge for me.

I noticed that the crown stem seems to come out farther than before and the winding seems smoother. The same rotor sound is present as before. Nothing that I can see through the display back to indicate any work.

There was one minor point, the watch had some sort of smear on the bezel. I cleaned right off and was no issue.

I will now track the performance of the watch and see how well it keeps time as it was running -2 sec per day before the service.

Thanks.
__________________

Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Patek 5711/1A-011, A. Lange & Sohne 1815rg, Rolex Cosmograph 116520, Rolex 14060M Submariner, Omega 3570.50 Speedmaster Professional, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, Tudor Heritage Black Bay Bronze
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2017, 09:27 PM   #96
beshannon
2018 Pledge Member
 
beshannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Real Name: Brian
Location: Northern Virginia
Watch: Patek 5711
Posts: 8,091
Update:

After one week back the watch is -4 seconds for the week.

Very happy!
__________________

Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Patek 5711/1A-011, A. Lange & Sohne 1815rg, Rolex Cosmograph 116520, Rolex 14060M Submariner, Omega 3570.50 Speedmaster Professional, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, Tudor Heritage Black Bay Bronze
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2017, 09:29 PM   #97
brandrea
2018 BOND 007 Pledge Member
 
brandrea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Real Name: Brian
Location: canada
Watch: es make me smile
Posts: 25,689
Glad to hear it's back and in tip top shape
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2017, 09:30 PM   #98
Newbie@SIN
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Singapore
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie@SIN View Post
Thank you for the detailed review and this watch has since become my grail watch. Since the waiting list for this watch is damn long (could be more than 1 year), I have started saving up for this watch by starting a watch fund :)
Guess what, almost 1.5 years after I wrote my previous post, I received a call from the PP Boutique in Singapore yesterday morning and in the evening, I am the proud owner of the Nautilus 5711 in white dial
Newbie@SIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2017, 11:55 PM   #99
beshannon
2018 Pledge Member
 
beshannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Real Name: Brian
Location: Northern Virginia
Watch: Patek 5711
Posts: 8,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie@SIN View Post
Guess what, almost 1.5 years after I wrote my previous post, I received a call from the PP Boutique in Singapore yesterday morning and in the evening, I am the proud owner of the Nautilus 5711 in white dial
Congrats!
__________________

Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Patek 5711/1A-011, A. Lange & Sohne 1815rg, Rolex Cosmograph 116520, Rolex 14060M Submariner, Omega 3570.50 Speedmaster Professional, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, Tudor Heritage Black Bay Bronze
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2017, 12:16 AM   #100
Newbie@SIN
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Singapore
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by beshannon View Post
Congrats!
Thanks mate :) Your long and positive review of the watch was one of the pull factor to this watch!

Having had the service experience which you wrote about in great detail, what is your personal assessment of the watch at the moment? Is it still living up to your expectation?
Newbie@SIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2017, 02:49 AM   #101
beshannon
2018 Pledge Member
 
beshannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Real Name: Brian
Location: Northern Virginia
Watch: Patek 5711
Posts: 8,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie@SIN View Post
Thanks mate :) Your long and positive review of the watch was one of the pull factor to this watch!

Having had the service experience which you wrote about in great detail, what is your personal assessment of the watch at the moment? Is it still living up to your expectation?
Yes absolutely, I missed it greatly.

It is running better than when I sent it in (to be expected) and I am glad I have it back. Guess that is the true sign of long term enjoyment.
__________________

Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Patek 5711/1A-011, A. Lange & Sohne 1815rg, Rolex Cosmograph 116520, Rolex 14060M Submariner, Omega 3570.50 Speedmaster Professional, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, Tudor Heritage Black Bay Bronze
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2017, 08:57 AM   #102
Defiancekofb
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: US
Posts: 1,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by beshannon View Post
Yes absolutely, I missed it greatly.

It is running better than when I sent it in (to be expected) and I am glad I have it back. Guess that is the true sign of long term enjoyment.
I'm embarrassed, all these years on the forums I never saw this post of your 5711 review, but I guess I stayed away from Patek because it was out of my reach at that time. Great review even if it is 4 years old. Wear the watch in good health.
Defiancekofb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2017, 11:55 PM   #103
Leeq
"TRF" Member
 
Leeq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 131
This was a great review on your part. I hope we get to see more of it! I plan on consolidating my watch collection as well and when i've tried to in the past it never works out - I guess I'm a bit of a hoarderer you could say.
Leeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2017, 03:13 AM   #104
beshannon
2018 Pledge Member
 
beshannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Real Name: Brian
Location: Northern Virginia
Watch: Patek 5711
Posts: 8,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiancekofb View Post
I'm embarrassed, all these years on the forums I never saw this post of your 5711 review, but I guess I stayed away from Patek because it was out of my reach at that time. Great review even if it is 4 years old. Wear the watch in good health.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeq View Post
This was a great review on your part. I hope we get to see more of it! I plan on consolidating my watch collection as well and when i've tried to in the past it never works out - I guess I'm a bit of a hoarderer you could say.
Thanks.

It was a tough decision to sell three to get one but I have never regretted doing so.

The Patek is that good, IMHO.
__________________

Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Patek 5711/1A-011, A. Lange & Sohne 1815rg, Rolex Cosmograph 116520, Rolex 14060M Submariner, Omega 3570.50 Speedmaster Professional, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, Tudor Heritage Black Bay Bronze
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2017, 03:19 AM   #105
Defiancekofb
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: US
Posts: 1,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by beshannon View Post
Thanks



Thanks.

It was a tough decision to sell three to get one but I have never regretted doing so.

The Patek is that good, IMHO.
I bought the white dial partically because of your review. Even at the Patek Exhibition, the blue and white 5711 side by side, I still pick the white. The blue dial looks very muted and boring IMO. I know the blue dial is classic Genta, blah blah blah, but I pay that no mind.
Defiancekofb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2017, 03:43 AM   #106
beshannon
2018 Pledge Member
 
beshannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Real Name: Brian
Location: Northern Virginia
Watch: Patek 5711
Posts: 8,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiancekofb View Post
I bought the white dial partically because of your review. Even at the Patek Exhibition, the blue and white 5711 side by side, I still pick the white. The blue dial looks very muted and boring IMO. I know the blue dial is classic Genta, blah blah blah, but I pay that no mind.
And we are in agreement.

The blue is classic and very nice.

I prefer the white, it is sporty and sharp looking In addition to being more visible at least to my eye.
__________________

Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Patek 5711/1A-011, A. Lange & Sohne 1815rg, Rolex Cosmograph 116520, Rolex 14060M Submariner, Omega 3570.50 Speedmaster Professional, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, Tudor Heritage Black Bay Bronze
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2017, 01:07 AM   #107
Mercury2wo
"TRF" Member
 
Mercury2wo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Dubai
Posts: 133
Am unable to see any pics! :-(
Was looking forward to seeing them.
Mercury2wo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2017, 12:53 AM   #108
beshannon
2018 Pledge Member
 
beshannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Real Name: Brian
Location: Northern Virginia
Watch: Patek 5711
Posts: 8,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury2wo View Post
Am unable to see any pics! :-(
Was looking forward to seeing them.
Thanks and sorry, blame Photobucket. I am not going to be extorted.

Not that the images are hard to find of a white dial 5711



__________________

Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Patek 5711/1A-011, A. Lange & Sohne 1815rg, Rolex Cosmograph 116520, Rolex 14060M Submariner, Omega 3570.50 Speedmaster Professional, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, Tudor Heritage Black Bay Bronze
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2018, 01:52 AM   #109
SDDS
"TRF" Member
 
SDDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Real Name: Yazan
Location: Canada
Watch: 116660,16610LV
Posts: 4,190
Amazing review Brian, i am glad that the watch came back as new, i pulled the trigger on 5711 white dial and i am going to have it in 2 weeks time, but i was really surprised about the shock that occured to the movement , do you recall the shock that was made to the movement? Also i would like to ask you, as a Rolex and AP owner, i wear my watch for all occasions, i go to work, GYM, swimming, having shower with my watch on the wrist, can i do the same with 5711, or i have to be more careful your input is highly appreciated
__________________
Rolex Deepsea 116660 M series
Rolex Submariner 16610LV F series
Rolex Oysterquartz 17000 N series
Audemars Piguet ROO Diver/ROO bracelet
SDDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2018, 03:53 AM   #110
beshannon
2018 Pledge Member
 
beshannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Real Name: Brian
Location: Northern Virginia
Watch: Patek 5711
Posts: 8,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDDS View Post
Amazing review Brian, i am glad that the watch came back as new, i pulled the trigger on 5711 white dial and i am going to have it in 2 weeks time, but i was really surprised about the shock that occured to the movement , do you recall the shock that was made to the movement? Also i would like to ask you, as a Rolex and AP owner, i wear my watch for all occasions, i go to work, GYM, swimming, having shower with my watch on the wrist, can i do the same with 5711, or i have to be more careful your input is highly appreciated
Although Patek originally said that I must have damaged the watch and that the failed parts were due to a shock, they admitted that there were no visible signs on the case of such damage. As I indicated to them, I never bumped the watch on anything.

While I neither baby nor abuse my watches, I wear them and they see normal use on my wrist. Since the service the watch is running very well -1.5 a day and seems to wind more smoothly which leads me to believe it was originally a problem from the factory that took time to wear the part sufficiently until it failed.
__________________

Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Patek 5711/1A-011, A. Lange & Sohne 1815rg, Rolex Cosmograph 116520, Rolex 14060M Submariner, Omega 3570.50 Speedmaster Professional, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, Tudor Heritage Black Bay Bronze
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2018, 03:55 AM   #111
SDDS
"TRF" Member
 
SDDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Real Name: Yazan
Location: Canada
Watch: 116660,16610LV
Posts: 4,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by beshannon View Post
Although Patek originally said that I must have damaged the watch and that the failed parts were due to a shock, they admitted that there were no visible signs on the case of such damage. As I indicated to them, I never bumped the watch on anything.



While I neither baby nor abuse my watches, I wear them and they see normal use on my wrist. Since the service the watch is running very well -1.5 a day and seems to wind more smoothly which leads me to believe it was originally a problem from the factory that took time to wear the part sufficiently until it failed.


True you have a point, makes sense


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Rolex Deepsea 116660 M series
Rolex Submariner 16610LV F series
Rolex Oysterquartz 17000 N series
Audemars Piguet ROO Diver/ROO bracelet
SDDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2018, 02:44 PM   #112
daikbinhlc
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: việt nam
Posts: 1
A fantastic read.

I love the 5711 in white, I tried to get one from a couple of places a few months ago, but ultimately had no luck.

Id previously tried the AP15400 in white and did not like it, but a twist of fate had me try the 15300, and I loved it, so got one.

Im not actively seeking the 5711 right now as Im enjoying the AP, but will no doubt be looking to add one in the new year.
daikbinhlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


*Banner Of The Month*
This space is provided to horological resources.





Copyright 2004-2018, The Rolex Forums. All Rights Reserved.

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Rolex is a registered trademark of ROLEX USA. The Rolex Forums is not affiliated with ROLEX USA in any way.