The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 26 November 2020, 01:48 AM   #1
interestedinwatches
"TRF" Member

SS Daytona and Oyster Perpetual size comparison?

If anyone has both, I'm curious if one can state which one wears larger?
interestedinwatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2020, 03:10 AM   #2
Dini
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060/126710BLRO
I've tried both on and, assuming you are talking about the OP41, the OP41 wears larger for sure.
Dini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2020, 04:17 AM   #3
interestedinwatches
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dini View Post
I've tried both on and, assuming you are talking about the OP41, the OP41 wears larger for sure.
Sorry, I should have specified the 39! I know that the Daytona is around 38.5mm but I wondered if the bezel made it appear bigger than the 39 for that reason.
Old 26 November 2020, 04:42 AM   #4
acheronsgrief
"TRF" Member

OP 39 is about the same size, OP 41 is larger. But they’ll both wear way bigger than a Daytona because the dial is significantly larger. Dial size on an OP 36 is the same size as the Daytona.

If it matters, OP 41 is too big for me, 39 is is pushing it and Daytona fits perfectly, 6.25 inch wrist.
acheronsgrief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2021, 06:43 AM   #5
interestedinwatches
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acheronsgrief View Post
OP 39 is about the same size, OP 41 is larger. But they’ll both wear way bigger than a Daytona because the dial is significantly larger. Dial size on an OP 36 is the same size as the Daytona.

If it matters, OP 41 is too big for me, 39 is is pushing it and Daytona fits perfectly, 6.25 inch wrist.
So I have gotten an OP39 and love it but it works because there is no bezel insert and busy dial like the Daytona 116500 has. So the 116500 has a bezel insert and a busy dial and still wears smaller than an OP39? Can anyone confirm? It might not be for me if true.
Old 25 January 2021, 06:51 AM   #6
acheronsgrief
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by interestedinwatches View Post
So I have gotten an OP39 and love it but it works because there is no bezel insert and busy dial like the Daytona 116500 has. So the 116500 has a bezel insert and a busy dial and still wears smaller than an OP39? Can anyone confirm? It might not be for me if true.
Yes. In my experience the 116500 wears slightly smaller than the OP39. Not noticeably enough to put me off the watch though!
acheronsgrief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2021, 06:19 AM   #7
ChronoSloth
"TRF" Member

Through the years I’ve owned, or tried and passed on, pretty much each Rolex reference. I’ve had as many as eight at a time, but currently have only two. Ironically, the two you’re asking about. The Daytona has always been one of their most comfortable watches, if not the most comfortable. UNTIL the OP39 came along. They’re pretty much the same size, but the larger face on the OP39 wears better on my nearly eight inch wrist. Most complain about the bracelet and it’s lack of adjustment. Honestly, with an extra link, fits me perfectly. Never thought it would occur, but the OP39 gets more wrist time than the Daytona. I believe these two are the best modern Rolex references, can’t go wrong with either.

————————————————————————————-
ChronoSloth is offline   Reply With Quote