The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 10 February 2022, 04:22 PM   #91
mineral
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL BRABUS View Post
This thread need some pictures of the ugly 5167 bracelet....lol.... I love it..... It stay low key & unrecognizable.....

It looks and wear nicer (my guess) than the thicker 5905 1A since aquanaut has the slimmer case. The aquanaut bracelet is one of my favorite. Need to see it in person to approve its it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10 February 2022, 05:01 PM   #92
DonLee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mineral View Post
It looks and wear nicer (my guess) than the thicker 5905 1A since aquanaut has the slimmer case. The aquanaut bracelet is one of my favorite. Need to see it in person to approve its it

interesting, how did you get that rubber black band?
DonLee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2022, 06:13 PM   #93
Frits1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
No doubt 5270P is an awesome timepiece that you have.....

I already proved my point...... You're not willing to give up your 5167 for something nicer or cash out.....

Like what I say before if they do release a new version, it will only be minor tweaks..... I doubt the 5167 will tank.....

Example, look at the new AP Royal Oak 50th Anniversary.... What a disappointment....... Do the 15202 tank....??

What if the new 5167 become a 42mm watch..... I bet it will be a major disappointment to most of us and 5167 to the moon....lol.......

Another good example look at the Rolex (Hulk vs Starbucks), which one command a higher price.....?? Did the Hulk tank.....??

Regarding Aquanaut being icon & timeless......?? I'm sure it here to stay and it's the most sportiest timepiece that Patek has to offer .... It's Patek first luxury sport watch on a rubber strap with the optional steel bracelet...... Plus Patek only has two models which is Aquanaut & Nautilus...... IMHO Yes, Aquanaut timepiece will be icon & timeless in the near future....

How are those first gen aquanauts doing? Compare that with first gen Nautilus or RO's. Different beasts. Question is not if i trade up mine but when. Instagram flexers will find something new. The market will turn. We dont know when but it will, it always does. Not going to hold the bag.
Frits1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2022, 09:24 PM   #94
mineral
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonLee View Post

Patek will sell the extra rubber strap with steel deployant buckle. However the early Aquanaut 5167 1a is unable to convert to rubber strap, only the later serial Aquanaut. Just ask your AD or Patek service centre.

Old 11 February 2022, 01:53 AM   #95
KVNNSCHNG
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The silicon bracelet was given out by Patek at a private event in Basel during 2017… at least that’s where mines from.
Old 11 February 2022, 02:53 AM   #96
Jlamb
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KVNNSCHNG View Post
The silicon bracelet was given out by Patek at a private event in Basel during 2017… at least that’s where mines from.
That silicon bracelet is probably worth more than a seiko now.

Saw a 5167 1a for 80k, extremely tempted, as it will probably be the only steel bracelet PP I can ever afford. Unless a miracle happens with an AD.
Jlamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2022, 05:38 AM   #97
SL BRABUS
"TRF" Member

Watch: Only Rolex & Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by mineral View Post

I was just joking around and being sarcastic.......

The Aquanaut bracelet is the BEST and one of my favorite too.....

I agree with you, have to see it and wear it in person.......

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KVNNSCHNG View Post
It from the Patek Philippe Grand Exhibition...... Celebration of the Aquanaut 20th Anniversary....

"SL BRABUS" aka BenzWorld Undercover Moderator
SL BRABUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2022, 05:44 AM   #98
SL BRABUS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frits1980 View Post
How are those first gen aquanauts doing? Compare that with first gen Nautilus or RO's. Different beasts. Question is not if i trade up mine but when. Instagram flexers will find something new. The market will turn. We dont know when but it will, it always does. Not going to hold the bag.
lol..... It's funny how you don't want to answers any of my questions on this debate....

Okay I will answers your......lol.....

The first generation Aquanauts aka 5060A doing very well for a 36mm sport watch...... I only find two...... Both don't have paper aka Certificate Of Origin & no box..... Going price $87,937 & $70,350..... The $87,937 is in way better condition than the $70,350.... Even the $87,937 condition is not that great...

On the Aquanauts 5060A.... I bet, for a excellent condition with complete set it will go for $100K plus......

lol...... So tell me did the first generation Aquanauts 5060A tank......??

You forgetting that the first generation Nautilus aka 3700 is a 42mm watch and the Royal Oak Jumbo aka 5402 is a 39mm watch...... A sport watch in the range of 39mm to 40mm tend to do well compare to 36mm sport watch..... That the only down side of the first generation Aquanauts, where it happen to be a 36mm sport watch......

Market turn.....?? Give me some example besides Hublot & Panerai.....lol....

Old 11 February 2022, 09:14 PM   #99
cascavel
2024 Pledge Member

Seems to me that all the earlier versions of the Aquanaut are doing pretty well; 5065, 5165 and even the diminutive 5066. I doubt that anyone who bought any of these, even 2 years ago, is complaining. All of those have doubled or tripled in price over that time period.
cascavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2022, 09:19 PM   #100
HMHM
"TRF" Member

As long as the sport watch market is strong, Aquanaut and Nautilus will both have great value, irrespective of generation. But if the market takes a dive, then everything drops, Royal Oaks, Daytonas, Nautilus and Aquanauts will all be affected. Change in taste and trend may lead to this eventually. We saw Hublot, Panerai and Franck Muller all experiencing this fate. First to go will be Richard Mille - which is a little concerning because I’m really fascinated by their watches and keen to pull a trigger on one eventually.
HMHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2022, 05:22 AM   #101
SL BRABUS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cascavel View Post
Seems to me that all the earlier versions of the Aquanaut are doing pretty well; 5065, 5165 and even the diminutive 5066. I doubt that anyone who bought any of these, even 2 years ago, is complaining. All of those have doubled or tripled in price over that time period.
Agree.....^^^..... Not bad for a 36mm sport watch to do so well......

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMHM View Post
As long as the sport watch market is strong, Aquanaut and Nautilus will both have great value, irrespective of generation. But if the market takes a dive, then everything drops, Royal Oaks, Daytonas, Nautilus and Aquanauts will all be affected. Change in taste and trend may lead to this eventually. We saw Hublot, Panerai and Franck Muller all experiencing this fate. First to go will be Richard Mille - which is a little concerning because I’m really fascinated by their watches and keen to pull a trigger on one eventually.
I agree if the world market takes a dive everything goes.....

But someone here talk specific about 5167, that it will tank if the new version were to be release, how Instagram flexers will find something new and the market will turn......

He not talking about world financial markets, will turn for the worse..... If he did then I would have to agree the 5167 price will drop.....

The reason Hublot, Panerai and Franck Muller having problem is because their brand recognition is weak, overproduction, resell value, and etc......

If you talking about change in taste and trend may lead to this eventually....??

I doubt it..... Rolex, Patek, and AP are here to stay....... Even if the world financial markets crash.... Those 3 brands will offer higher resell value than any other brand...... I been there done that since the dotcom crash and housing crash......

Richard Mille might stay because their production is low and those watch is for the real rich people who got money to burn.... It a F*** Y** watch.....lol.....

If the world financial markets crash Rolex is the first to be flood on the secondary market because to many people have them......

Old 12 February 2022, 05:46 AM   #102
Frits1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
lol..... It's funny how you don't want to answers any of my questions on this debate....

Okay I will answers your......lol.....

The first generation Aquanauts aka 5060A doing very well for a 36mm sport watch...... I only find two...... Both don't have paper aka Certificate Of Origin & no box..... Going price $87,937 & $70,350..... The $87,937 is in way better condition than the $70,350.... Even the $87,937 condition is not that great...

On the Aquanauts 5060A.... I bet, for a excellent condition with complete set it will go for $100K plus......

lol...... So tell me did the first generation Aquanauts 5060A tank......??

You forgetting that the first generation Nautilus aka 3700 is a 42mm watch and the Royal Oak Jumbo aka 5402 is a 39mm watch...... A sport watch in the range of 39mm to 40mm tend to do well compare to 36mm sport watch..... That the only down side of the first generation Aquanauts, where it happen to be a 36mm sport watch......

Market turn.....?? Give me some example besides Hublot & Panerai.....lol....

Mate, you should calm down. You are taking this wayyyyyy to serieus. Im not debating you. We are just talking about a stupid watch...not real issues. Go outside a little more. This all is not the real world and remember having a discussion is not about winning.

But thanks for the numbers. Last time i checked they were doing 30k. So the current model is worth more then the previous ones. Ok......
Frits1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2022, 06:18 AM   #103
cascavel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Mate, you should calm down. You are taking this wayyyyyy to serieus. Im not debating you. We are just talking about a stupid watch...not real issues. Go outside a little more. This all is not the real world and remember having a discussion is not about winning.

But thanks for the numbers. Last time i checked they were doing 30k. So the current model is worth more then the previous ones. Ok......
Nah, he's calm, just very enthusiastic about this stuff. And it's OK to debate, that's what we're here for, IMO.
And you're right about this, too. The 5167 is worth more than the previous iterations of the Aquanaut, but they've all participated in this price rally, a case of the proverbial rising tide lifting all boats.
cascavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2022, 07:08 AM   #104
SL BRABUS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cascavel View Post
Nah, he's calm, just very enthusiastic about this stuff. And it's OK to debate, that's what we're here for, IMO.
And you're right about this, too. The 5167 is worth more than the previous iterations of the Aquanaut, but they've all participated in this price rally, a case of the proverbial rising tide lifting all boats.
lol...... You know me to well.....

Have a great weekend my friend.....

Quote:

I'm cool......lol......

It was fun having a discussion with you regarding about the Aquanaut.......

I'm glad that like & keep the 5167.....

Happy Friday & have a great weekend....!!

Old 12 February 2022, 02:28 PM   #105
xjeeunitx
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Another hater here. Did you forget you are on a watch forum?
Old 12 February 2022, 02:29 PM   #106
xjeeunitx
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
lol...... You know me to well.....

Have a great weekend my friend.....

I'm cool......lol......

It was fun having a discussion with you regarding about the Aquanaut.......

I'm glad that like & keep the 5167.....

Happy Friday & have a great weekend....!!

Broski, I've enjoyed this thread very much thus far. Have a great Super Bowl Weekend!
Old 13 February 2022, 04:58 AM   #107
SL BRABUS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjeeunitx View Post
Another hater here. Did you forget you are on a watch forum?
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjeeunitx View Post
Broski, I've enjoyed this thread very much thus far. Have a great Super Bowl Weekend!
I doubt he a hater......

It okay to have different opinions & disagreement.....

I enjoy everybody opinions & what they have to say.....

Likewise my friend.... Enjoy your Super Bowl Weekend....!!!

Old 14 February 2022, 03:41 AM   #108
SL BRABUS
"TRF" Member

5167 Finally Hit the $100K mark & join the 6 figures club....

The Aquanaut 5167 is still relative a bargain even though for $100K, compare to the Nautilus 5711 for $200K......

Old 18 February 2022, 02:36 AM   #109
DaBoncu2902
"TRF" Member

Sorry for jumping in. But i dont think the hype will be gone soon. We live in totally different world now. Demand are already too high and supply will never catch it. I can easily says that demand probably at least thousand times more than 2013 (year where i got my first luxury watch). We have to admit (sadly?) that Rolex, Patek, AP are already an investment. And remember, what kind of investment that can appriciate its value while we can wear it nd enjoy it other than watches? And its bloody liquid. You can flip it into cash in a second.
DaBoncu2902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2022, 09:30 AM   #110
CAWatchLove
Banned

It will be a 200k watch ( or close to it) this time next year
CAWatchLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2022, 11:37 AM   #111
DonLee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAWatchLove View Post
It will be a 200k watch ( or close to it) this time next year
lol, no.
Old 18 February 2022, 11:39 AM   #112
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBoncu2902 View Post
Sorry for jumping in. But i dont think the hype will be gone soon. We live in totally different world now. Demand are already too high and supply will never catch it. I can easily says that demand probably at least thousand times more than 2013 (year where i got my first luxury watch). We have to admit (sadly?) that Rolex, Patek, AP are already an investment. And remember, what kind of investment that can appriciate its value while we can wear it nd enjoy it other than watches? And its bloody liquid. You can flip it into cash in a second.

Hermes Himalayan Birkins
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2022, 07:21 PM   #113
893bet
"TRF" Member

Does anyone know anyone who is buying or bought an aquanaut since they hit these kind of price levels?

Surely it’s just dealers and speculators pumping at this point.

Has discontinuation been “priced in”. 5167 came out the year after the 5711. Can’t see it being discontinued until a successor for the 5711 is announced.
893bet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2022, 07:58 PM   #114
DonLee
"TRF" Member

I think the craze has stopped. Nobody is buying at these prices and the number of listings is increasing
Old 19 February 2022, 08:09 PM   #115
Rushne
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: White 116500LN
Quote:
I think the craze has stopped. Nobody is buying at these prices and the number of listings is increasing
Maybe, or everyone is holding their breath too see what happens in Ukraine.

Omega: Seamaster Professional 300M 2220.80.00
Rolex: Daytona White Dial 116500LN
Rolex: Sky-Dweller Blue Dial Jubilee 336934
Rolex: DateJust 36 Roman White Dial Oyster 126234
Rolex: OP 36 Celebration Dial 126000
Panerai: PAM 422
Patek Philippe: Aquanaut 5167A
A. Lange & Söhne: 1815 Annual Calendar

@mechanicaltom Stolen: IWC Portuguese 500107 Case number 3853222
Rushne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2022, 09:03 AM   #116
xjeeunitx
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 893bet View Post
Does anyone know anyone who is buying or bought an aquanaut since they hit these kind of price levels?

Has discontinuation been “priced in”. 5167 came out the year after the 5711. Can’t see it being discontinued until a successor for the 5711 is announced.
You just don't know. They are trading/selling close to Chrono24 prices. Just because you won't buy it does not mean others won't. Ridiculous how closed minded some folks can be...
Old 20 February 2022, 09:04 AM   #117
xjeeunitx
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Too short of a time to make such analysis. Give it a few months. You won't see it dip but instead, it will continue to go up.
Old 20 February 2022, 12:51 PM   #118
RyanO
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: LVc
Quote:

I bought a 5167a grey in January.

RyanO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2022, 03:12 PM   #119
DonLee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
When the 6711 is announced, and the 5167 is discontinued, then we could see a ridiculous frenzy.
Old 20 February 2022, 04:34 PM   #120
theflywrist
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Yep I know a bunch that have paid $75-$80K for one.
I own a 5065 as well as a 5167 and a 5711, and I must say at these market prices if I was dead set to buy a sports patek and could justify going grey, id go aqua in a heartbeat.
$80K vs $200K…. I’ve always found that the aqua is perhaps even more versatile than the nautilus and is an even cooler wear.
theflywrist is offline   Reply With Quote