The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 15 March 2022, 02:29 AM   #91
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

The Hulk is a great watch but you have to like all that green for it to work for you. Forget investment and value as in the end you are “wearing” the watch so it’s unique style has to work for you. As far as public appeal, today you see just as many that hate the look as there was 5 years ago. It’s just a green Sub so no reason to hate it unless you hate the Submariner. I took a lot of negative responses when I had mine before the FOMO came on board and made the watch more popular on social media. After 1.5 years of ownership it was just too much green for me at one time. It’s a very polarizing watch and why it was never as popular as the classic black model and it’s also why it appeals to the few that it calls to.

Because the traditional black Sub is so iconic is what turns many off the Hulk. In the end, you can’t make someone like the all green Hulk Submariner if all they see is a “yuck, a green Sub”.
Same goes for loving it because it’s so different UNLESS you really love the many shades of green all the time.
Old 15 March 2022, 04:45 AM   #92
rodo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1665fan View Post
2018 and newer have a different font on the dial…..some say the later models are also a little darker….
Interesting, will have to check. I have a 2012 and a 2018 (which is fully stickered and in the safe since the day I bought it). Contemplating selling one actually
rodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2022, 06:26 AM   #93
bob sims
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Out View Post
I don't go into Shitcago. Politics destroyed the city. Its not safe for anyone down there.
bob sims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2022, 06:31 AM   #94
Jeyoder84
2024 Pledge Member

It's crazy right now
Jeyoder84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2022, 06:49 AM   #95
Hard_Six
"TRF" Member

Watch: those three’s roll
These are certainly crazy times...

Regarding the Hulk, no, I don't think it will ever surpass the Daytona. That said, I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see the price tide continue to rise.
Hard_Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2022, 08:24 AM   #96
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
My apologies. I know a lot of people do like it. I, like a lot of others just remember when they were easily had at a discount and nobody bought them. The flippers are destroying it for everyone.
No apology necessary. We're having a discussion and opposing POVs will be aired. I've always liked the 116610LV. My mistake was promising myself that I would get one when I had done something to deserve it. By the time I thought I'd earned it, the market had gone mad. I paid £1.5k over retail for a watch I knew I would never get at MSRP. It seemed like a lot but I was willing to pay it for this particular model. They are not remotely worth what is being asked for them today - except they are. Madness!
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2022, 09:41 AM   #97
dommasters
"TRF" Member

I loathed the Hulk when it came out, with a passion! Even the nickname was off putting. All this time later and I find myself liking it more and more to the point that I badly want one. I don't understand why.
dommasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2022, 09:42 AM   #98
boogiebot
"TRF" Member

Watch: me post!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dommasters View Post
I loathed the Hulk when it came out, with a passion! Even the nickname was off putting. All this time later and I find myself liking it more and more to the point that I badly want one. I don't understand why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
boogiebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2022, 09:50 AM   #99
Driver8
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hulk inferior to the black sub….. now that’s hilarious lol
Yeah but it is inferior though isn't it, unless you, a) really like green, and/or b) are only bothered by value/investment/resale.

When I bought my 116610 I had a choice of the LN or the LV, and I went for the LN because personally I prefer the classic black dial and I've never particularly liked the sunburst dial of the LV next to the flat colour of the ceramic bezel. Just a personal preference.

It does make me laugh how so many people who own a so-called "hot" model seem to believe that anyone who doesn't like it simply HAS to be jealous, and/or suffering from FOMO.
Old 15 March 2022, 10:05 AM   #100
1665fan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post
Yeah but it is inferior though isn't it, unless you, a) really like green, and/or b) are only bothered by value/investment/resale.

When I bought my 116610 I had a choice of the LN or the LV, and I went for the LN because personally I prefer the classic black dial and I've never particularly liked the sunburst dial of the LV next to the flat colour of the ceramic bezel. Just a personal preference.

It does make me laugh how so many people who own a so-called "hot" model seem to believe that anyone who doesn't like it simply HAS to be jealous, and/or suffering from FOMO.
I guess the people have spoke…..hulk is worth 10-15k more so that’s a good start to being superior…..
1665fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2022, 10:31 AM   #101
TheWatchmen
"TRF" Member

Opinions! All the opinions!
TheWatchmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2022, 10:55 AM   #102
Greg.A
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dommasters View Post

You are giving in to the virus called “HYPE” no…..!
Greg.A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2022, 11:01 AM   #103
boogiebot
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I guess the people have spoke…..hulk is worth 10-15k more so that’s a good start to being superior…..

Not sure if superior is the right term. For sure the amount of of LVC watches were produced in lower numbers than the LNC. The current hyped up demand mixed with the Lower numbers in circulation most likely contribute to the pricing.

Old 15 March 2022, 03:51 PM   #104
favre12rodgers
Banned

Um....where is OP getting their pricing from? There are 20 of these on Ebay for in the 20s, LMFAO.

They have been selling for $25k on there in terms of actual sold listings....meaning after the 10-12 % Ebay takes it's much less.
favre12rodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2022, 08:12 PM   #105
Driver8
"TRF" Member

Quote:
So that’s my point “b” then - i.e. superior as long as that’s measured purely by what some other people are currently prepared to pay for it. Which is fine of course if that’s your thing.

My personal measure of “superiority” when it comes to watches isn’t financial. To me the LV is simply just another colourway of a great watch - nothing more, nothing less. It’s neither superior nor inferior in any way other than whether you like the colour or not. JMO.
Old 15 March 2022, 09:20 PM   #106
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
You're not the only one. We should each please ourselves. It's so silly to believe everyone thinks the same. You have to laugh at the desperation to pigeon hole strangers. So many mind readers in here!
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2022, 08:31 AM   #107
dommasters
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg.A View Post
You are giving in to the virus called “HYPE” no…..!
I am. I really am.
dommasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2022, 08:48 AM   #108
boogiebot
"TRF" Member

Quote:
So that’s my point “b” then - i.e. superior as long as that’s measured purely by what some other people are currently prepared to pay for it. Which is fine of course if that’s your thing.

My personal measure of “superiority” when it comes to watches isn’t financial. To me the LV is simply just another colourway of a great watch - nothing more, nothing less. It’s neither superior nor inferior in any way other than whether you like the colour or not. JMO.

I have to agree with Driver on this. You’re buying the same watch with a different colour. The aftermarket pricing is subjective demand, nothing to do with superiority. Same watch, same internals, same factory. Colour does not make it superior, maybe a tad more desirable, but definitely not superior

Old 16 March 2022, 10:05 AM   #109
rlx123
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soarer View Post
Glad I got mine at the right time. I will never let go mine as I don’t actually own it. It belongs to my 4-yr old son as it is his birth watch (wore it during his delivery).

. Mine belongs to my son as well.

rlx123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2022, 10:26 AM   #110
1665fan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodo View Post
Interesting, will have to check. I have a 2012 and a 2018 (which is fully stickered and in the safe since the day I bought it). Contemplating selling one actually
Yes they will have different font dials and the 2018 is worth more…..check both in the sun and report back on the dial and brightness…..
1665fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2022, 12:38 PM   #111
Subguy48
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by favre12rodgers View Post
Um....where is OP getting their pricing from? There are 20 of these on Ebay for in the 20s, LMFAO.

They have been selling for $25k on there in terms of actual sold listings....meaning after the 10-12 % Ebay takes it's much less.
Ebay is not an accurate representation of the watch market since most buyers wouldn't touch a watch from Ebay, this is why prices are listed lower. Also almost half the listings aren't "Authenticated" watches. Chrono24 and reputable dealers like DavidSW is a more accurate representation of fair market value.
Subguy48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2022, 01:18 PM   #112
arche3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subguy48 View Post
Ebay is not an accurate representation of the watch market since most buyers wouldn't touch a watch from Ebay, this is why prices are listed lower. Also almost half the listings aren't "Authenticated" watches. Chrono24 and reputable dealers like DavidSW is a more accurate representation of fair market value.
Ebay you can see who the seller is. See how many watches they sold in the past months. Their store location. Reviews. And more importantly the price history. Of actually sold items.

I have no issues buying from eBay. Chrono24 I can't see what things are sold for. So I don't use it.

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk
arche3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2022, 01:23 PM   #113
Geckobros
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subguy48 View Post
Chrono24 and reputable dealers like DavidSW is a more accurate representation of fair market value.
You are the first person on any of the watch forums I frequent make that claim.
Geckobros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2022, 02:13 PM   #114
Robocop305
"TRF" Member

I love my Hulk above any other watch I own. Rolex will never put a Sundial again on a stainless steel sport watch. They will be reserved for PM watches only. The Hulk will only keep going up. Stop hating.
Robocop305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2022, 02:18 PM   #115
Subguy48
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geckobros View Post
You are the first person on any of the watch forums I frequent make that claim.
Then you must not be on the forums very much since Chrono24 is referenced or mentioned daily on Rolex threads.
Subguy48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2022, 05:38 PM   #116
Manamana
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robocop305 View Post
I love my Hulk above any other watch I own. Rolex will never put a Sundial again on a stainless steel sport watch. They will be reserved for PM watches only. The Hulk will only keep going up. Stop hating.
I will never say never. I agree with you, but let's say 99% Rolex won't bring back a green dial on a steel sports watch again. 1% if that happens it will be in a different way than the Hulk, and for sure not on a Maxi case again. For sure both scenarios The Hulk will continue going up.
Manamana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2022, 05:49 PM   #117
Glidelock
"TRF" Member

Watch: SDC4000, Sub LVC
Glidelock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2022, 06:00 PM   #118
Glidelock
"TRF" Member

Watch: SDC4000, Sub LVC
OMG this thread has turned into a complete $hit Show, but I’m loving it! You’ve got people making some of the silliest arguments ever, only to be countered by pure emotional ones. Hilarious I tell ya’!

Upon Rolex announcement of this watch, I didn’t like it based on Internet pics…and I love Green! FF a few months later when I saw it in the metal, and Boom! Loved it, had to have it, and within a few weeks was able to negotiate one from AD at substantial discount!

Have loved ever since! No…not with all clothing choices, but it works with much more than it’s given credit for. As well, for as many people whom hated it for so long, I will say that in the wild it got (before it was hyped) and still gets more un invited complements than any other watch I’ve owned. Not always a good thing, but speaks to how well it wears in the real world!

I think my 2 favorite comments here are one stating what an undesirable watch it is, and as proof you only need to remember how they sat in display cases gathering dust cause nobody wanted them, and that happened for a reason! Uhm…you mean like Daytona’s for first 10 or so years? Or perhaps like the Red Subs, which they finally gave up on because they couldn’t get the market to move on them?! Keep in mind the Hulk started selling like hotcakes approx 2 years before they discontinued!

Then you’ve got the guy stating the only reason people hate on the Hulk is cause they are jealous of not owning one themselves?! Wasn’t there recently a politician whom claimed her haters were just upset they couldn’t sleep with her? Same poor logic! It’s a polarizing watch…you either Love it or Hate it!

Either way, I would love for the the price to just continue to Sky Rocket right passed the Daytona, but unfortunately this listing for a late model here on the Forums isn’t gonna help support that argument!

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=845792
Glidelock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2022, 06:12 PM   #119
65cobra
"TRF" Member

Quote:
And another speculator hating that REAL watch people don't think that the Hulk is all that special. Its fine if you're over paying for this piece but they sat in cases forever with dust on them for a reason. That is a fact and not speculation.
I like it so I just not be a “REAL watch person”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robocop305 View Post
You may have forgotten the Rhodium and Blue Sunburst dials offered on the steel 116622 and 126622 Yacht Master
65cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2022, 06:14 PM   #120
Unframed
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glidelock View Post
OMG this thread has turned into a complete $hit Show, but I’m loving it! You’ve got people making some of the silliest arguments ever, only to be countered by pure emotional ones. Hilarious I tell ya’!

Upon Rolex announcement of this watch, I didn’t like it based on Internet pics…and I love Green! FF a few months later when I saw it in the metal, and Boom! Loved it, had to have it, and within a few weeks was able to negotiate one from AD at substantial discount!

Have loved ever since! No…not with all clothing choices, but it works with much more than it’s given credit for. As well, for as many people whom hated it for so long, I will say that in the wild it got (before it was hyped) and still gets more un invited complements than any other watch I’ve owned. Not always a good thing, but speaks to how well it wears in the real world!

I think my 2 favorite comments here are one stating what an undesirable watch it is, and as proof you only need to remember how they sat in display cases gathering dust cause nobody wanted them, and that happened for a reason! Uhm…you mean like Daytona’s for first 10 or so years? Or perhaps like the Red Subs, which they finally gave up on because they couldn’t get the market to move on them?! Keep in mind the Hulk started selling like hotcakes approx 2 years before they discontinued!

Then you’ve got the guy stating the only reason people hate on the Hulk is cause they are jealous of not owning one themselves?! Wasn’t there recently a politician whom claimed her haters were just upset they couldn’t sleep with her? Same poor logic! It’s a polarizing watch…you either Love it or Hate it!

Either way, I would love for the the price to just continue to Sky Rocket right passed the Daytona, but unfortunately this listing for a late model here on the Forums isn’t gonna help support that argument!

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=845792
That listing is covered in red flags. Look at the poster's history.
Unframed is offline   Reply With Quote