The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 17 January 2020, 11:29 PM   #1
benlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
Re : Ordering straps online and return policy

Hello All,

I trust that quite a number of TRFers are ordering straps online. There's a wider selection and probably prices are cheaper than to buy on retail.

Recently I ordered a bunch of straps online from a company in Europe and its shipped by registered mail to Singapore. Out of a total of 6 straps, 3 got quality problems. One of the wrong size, the other a defective spring-bar and a 3rd, spring-bar of the wrong size ( see photos below ).

The company will exchange or refund the straps but insist they will not accept the shipping cost. In fact, the shipping cost ( which they only accept by courier ) turns out to cost more than the straps.

Apparently, checking with another friend who often buy straps online, he says this is standard practise among vendors who sell straps online.

I decided not to return as it is not worth the hassle and I will simply refrain from buying from this company in future. I do wonder if anyone has this experience when returning a defective strap and whether it is standard practise for buyer to bear return shipment cost even though the product is defective?

Old 18 January 2020, 12:22 AM   #2
PJ S
Banned

Did you pay by PP or CC?
Check with whichever one used (assuming not Bank Transfer) what protection you have.
Assuming you’ve documented the issues on the 3 straps by photos, then a reputable seller should be ensuring you’re not out of pocket for their return or simply refunding their cost without requiring their return.
May I suggest you pay a bit more (presumably) and stick with John (Dangerous 9) in Germany. You shouldn’t have any quality issues to warrant making a similar thread.
PJ S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2020, 12:25 PM   #3
benlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
Did you pay by PP or CC?
Check with whichever one used (assuming not Bank Transfer) what protection you have.
Assuming you’ve documented the issues on the 3 straps by photos, then a reputable seller should be ensuring you’re not out of pocket for their return or simply refunding their cost without requiring their return.
May I suggest you pay a bit more (presumably) and stick with John (Dangerous 9) in Germany. You shouldn’t have any quality issues to warrant making a similar thread.
Yes, I paid by CC. Not much protection from this part of the world and the CC's bank won't intervene unless its unauthorised transactions or outright fraud.

I guess it's because the price is cheap hence the lack of guarantee and service. The company is from Sweden, and the website is www.cheapnatostraps.com I supposed the name says it all I ordered several times in the past and it was OK and knowing they don't stand by their product quality, will not buy from them in future.

I am still curious if it's standard practise to ask overseas buyer to bear return shipment cost, especially when it's not the fault of the buyer?
Old 18 January 2020, 01:25 PM   #4
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Sorry to hear this- even if they were “cheap” straps, never feels good to be cheated. Thx for letting us know which company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote