The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 18 August 2017, 05:23 AM   #1
Doctor Jazz
"TRF" Member

Help needed to ID vintage bezel

Greetings,

I am a newbie here, dropping in to see if some of the experts here can help me.

i am in a new phase of restoring my dad's 1962 Tudor Sub 7928 given their skyrocketing prices. Years ago, someone put this bezel on it, which was recently pried off when I went to have the crystal replaced. The person that worked on it was unable to reattach the bezel, and thought it may not be the correct bezel for the watch (it could have been glued on). They also put an incorrect crystal on it, so it's impossible to tell if this bezel is the right on e for the tudor.

So before I go charging ahead, my questions are:

1. Can anyone identify the make, model and year watch this bezel assembly came from?

2. Can someone tell me exactly what I'm looking at here, assembly wise. Is this a bezel, an insert, and a friction spring in the bottom?

3. On the bottom of the assembly, there are six faint triangular indentations in the metal - can anyone tell me what these are for? Perhaps they are of use in identification.

4. Finally, can anyone tell me if this assembly will fit this tudor 7928, once I get a proper crystal on it?

Many thanks!

Marco

DSC00008.JPG

DSC00012.JPG

DSC00013.JPG

DSC00020.JPG

DSC00008.JPG

DSC00012.JPG

DSC00013.JPG
Doctor Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote