The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 22 August 2017, 04:04 AM   #1
Luap1976
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610lnBBetaBBhar
Time to regulate my tudor black bay again?

Ok so ive had this watch bought from new just over 2 years ago.ive had it regulated once or twice so far cant remember anyway,im not overly anal tbf but the first time it was losing 10 sec a day or more.then i had rsc regulate it,so it gains 2-3 sec a day it was keeping this accuracy for about 1.5 years and just recently noticed its been getting fast so i timed it over 24 days and the average was +6 sec a day.i know this is still pretty good performance but it cant be normal for the timimg to change like this over only 1.5 years .does anyone think the eta in the watch has become defective?if i get it regulated again,will i need to keep getting it regulated every single year because its alot of hastle to have to do that

Also the warranty ran out 3 months ago lol just my luck
Its always the way.
Luap1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2017, 04:31 AM   #2
Magwitch
Banned

-10 I could not accept. +6 is borderline but I'd be ok especially if I had to pay for a regulation.
Magwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2017, 04:35 AM   #3
stevedssd
"TRF" Member

ETA movements used in Tudor are generally accurate. I have two ETA's and four in-house Tudors, the ETA's are both +1.5 secs per day, the in-house are between -0.5 a -2.0.

You shouldn't need to get it regulated every year or so. As you are out of warranty already, I'd be tempted to check it over another month to see if it is still gaining at the same rate, it's still within reasonable standards but if it is still getting faster then I'd get it regulated. depending on where you are you could try an independent.
stevedssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2017, 04:36 AM   #4
Luap1976
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magwitch View Post
-10 I could not accept. +6 is borderline but I'd be ok especially if I had to pay for a regulation.
But my question is,its not normal to have to regulate your watches every year surely.why would the accuracy change like this?
Old 22 August 2017, 04:37 AM   #5
breitlings
Banned

Watch: Apple TV
eta lever style regulation can get knocked out of place. it is a easier to regulate however.
breitlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2017, 04:40 AM   #6
Luap1976
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by breitlings View Post
eta lever style regulation can get knocked out of place. it is a easier to regulate however.
Ok thanks.im pretty sure ive never knocked the watch though.i hope this will be the last time haveing to get it regulated.because doing it once a year sucks lol
But if its normal procecdure to need to get an eta movement regulated every 1.5 years then i can accept that i guess.im not an eta guy so i dont have much knowledge about these movements.i assumed it would be like a rolex 3135 that never need regulation

Could it need a full service? When are you supposed to sevice tudor eta?.with rolex its every 10 years