The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 21 August 2017, 05:32 PM   #31
osamu
"TRF" Member

I would probably want a 16610lv, but I haven't yet seen one in person. I've always liked the 5-digits better in general, and with the collectability of the LV, for me it would be an easy choice. I would only worry I would want to keep it pristine if the value of it keeps going up. I would also try and find one with box and papers, with the proposition of it being more collectible in the future, I think I'd want those items.
osamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2017, 05:43 PM   #32
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
Thanks everyone for the comments. I think I'm going to go for the 16610LV. I love the hulk, but since I saw the LV I loved the way it looked being for me the perfect match between old and newer. My wife thinks I'm more classical in taste, and she's probably right, as I seem to have a thing for the 5 digits currently. Of course the enhancements of the newer models are a real consideration but I'm buying to wear and keep, and ultimately have to go with the one that floats my boat most when on the wrist.

Thanks again. I'll post an incoming in next day or two
Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2017, 05:58 PM   #33
lotus425
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex EXPII
I prefer Kermit over Hulk for the same reason. Green is a color that works magic on certain occasions and a bit too much on others. Hulk's green bezel on green dial looks great in the dark and most indoor situations. On a sunny day I feel it's got too much green. The anniversary Sub LV got just enough green yet have that coolness of earlier submariners. Ceramic bezel screams luxury and is amazing on Daytonas. The sub and GMT is a tool watch with industrial simplistic styling which work much better on aluminum bezels.

Both the Hulk and Kermit are amazing watches. I just feel the Kermit makes a better daily beater watch while the Hulk is a great friday and weekend watch.
lotus425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2017, 07:44 PM   #34
lord91
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec14 View Post
116610:

Pro : latest tech, lovely dial, full set.
Cons : bezel doesn't match dial, already have 6 digit, is it too much green?
As opposed to the matching bezel and dial on 16610? It doesn't have to match, also impossible with a sunburst dial. If you want green, only one of them actually is, the 116610 LV.
lord91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2017, 08:53 PM   #35
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord91 View Post
As opposed to the matching bezel and dial on 16610? It doesn't have to match, also impossible with a sunburst dial. If you want green, only one of them actually is, the 116610 LV.
Yes, I suppose that's true. I guess my thought process was that I liked the contrast of black and green compared to the potential 2 shades of green. Just me really.

Anyway, I have the 16610 now and am delighted with it.
Old 21 August 2017, 09:03 PM   #36
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Let's add some pictures. Absolutely delighted with the LV. It's in great shape and now I have it I'm 100% sure it was the right choice for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk