The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 22 December 2015, 03:50 AM   #1
Jim Stewart
"TRF" Member

Watch: 228238 Black Dial
Has anyone dealt with Watchmaster.com

I am new to the forum and would like to ask if anyone has knowledge of watchmaster.com who are based in Berlin and London.
They offer very good discounts on brand new Rolex watches, 29% on a yellow gold day-date.
It sounds too good to be true and I would welcome any feedback, good or bad, that would help me to decide whether or not to part with my hard earned cash over the Internet.
Jim Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2016, 12:00 PM   #2
PJJ
"TRF" Member

Hi,

I was wondering this too. I'm looking at buying a new Datejust II (116300) from them and they've offered me a great price.

Their website seems legit, I've spoken to someone on the number listed on their website and I've exchanged emails with them. All of this obviously means nothing but any advice would be great.

Thanks

P
PJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2016, 02:05 AM   #3
Jim Stewart
"TRF" Member

Watchmaster

Hi PJJ

I have also been doing a bit of research and they seem to be alright. The company was only formed in July 2015 so they are very young. I have been exchanging emails with the possibility of buying a Rolex day-date and their prices are exceptional. I am considering going over to Berlin later this month to check them out. I will let you know how I get on.
Old 12 January 2016, 02:06 AM   #4
PJJ
"TRF" Member

Hi Jim

That would be fantastic! Let me know what you think once you've had time to check them out.

Cheers

Phil
PJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2016, 02:32 AM   #5
Forrestx
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16600 no doubt
Hi Jim, also a new user here in the same boat!

Did you manage to check out Watchmaster? Very curious about your or any experience on the forum since their offers seem pretty attractive....too good to be true?
Forrestx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2016, 04:30 AM   #6
Jim Stewart
"TRF" Member

Hi guys

Early January, after the holiday break, I sent Watchmaster an email to tell them that I wanted to purchase the day-date 228238 in yellow gold shown on their website. I had been through a series of emails asking questions and confirming the price and availability in December. I also intimated that I had booked flights and a hotel in Berlin 26-28 January. I asked them to confirm by return that they would have the watch ready for me when I arrive and I would pay them in full by debit card. As I got no response to my email, after about a week I decided to purchase the watch from another supplier and sent them an email cancelling my request.
No sooner had I sent them my cancellation email they were on the phone asking if I would change my mind. Told them that due to their lack of courtesy in responding to my email in reasonable time I had ordered the watch from another supplier (in the UK).
A day later I noticed that they had increased the price for the exact same watch on their website by almost £4,000. It went from £16,520 to £20,200
I would be very careful in dealing with this company due to my experience. I just have a feeling that they were not telling the truth in their emails leading up to my asking to purchase the watch.
Just be very careful and be sure they can deliver what they promise before you hand over any money.
Jim
Old 13 January 2016, 04:40 AM   #7
Jim Stewart
"TRF" Member

Hi again guys
Thought I should add another note to tell you about another company in Berlin that I found while I was researching the purchase of the Rolex I wanted. The web address is Montredo.com and the contact is a guy called Chris Duffy who was extremely helpful. He is British but has lived in Germany for quite a while.
By the way, I ended up placing an order for the watch with Iconic Watches, Blackburn, who gave me a decent price. I should have the watch in a few weeks time.
Best of luck,
Jim
Old 21 January 2016, 08:39 PM   #8
Watchmaster.com
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116506 LN
nostra culpa

Hi there,
Sorry to hear Jim, that your experience with us was not ideal! We'll try to do better next time. Nico from Sales tells me there were indeed unfortunate circumstances in your case - sorry again. Hope you give us another chance next time.
Best,
Konrad
Watchmaster.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2016, 07:10 AM   #9
Jim Stewart
"TRF" Member

Hi Watchmaster
The fact that you have responded to my comments is a positive sign. At least you accept that you were in the wrong and have apologised. If the circumstances are right I may approach Watchmaster again in the future to do business.
Regards
Jim
Old 18 February 2016, 06:39 AM   #10
paulh69
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex DateJust 36
Nothing bad to say about watchmaster.com, although "in stock" means in stock at one of their dealers rather than Berlin - they did obtain the watch within the promised delivery time. Would deal with them in the future but prices on some models can be higher than local AD...
paulh69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2016, 03:58 AM   #11
Thenicknackman
"TRF" Member

Watchmaster

First post to this forum, so welcome everyone!

Following this thread, I can confirm that I have just taken delivery of a brand new Sea-Dweller, supplied by Watchmaster.

The watch arrived, by DHL, well within the 1-3 day delivery promised.

It was very well packaged, and is 100% new and authentic, supplied with all boxes (outer & inner), hang tags, warranty card with the new 5 year Rolex warranty, and instruction booklet.

Price was fantastic, and thoroughly professional firm to deal with.

Thoroughly recommended.

NB - I have no connection or affiliation with the company - just one of their growing band of satisfied clients. Hope others find the same.
Thenicknackman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2016, 06:06 AM   #12
paulh69
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex DateJust 36
yes, they're legit. they have or rather have had some good deals. unfortunately the euro rate seems to be going against them for several brands now
paulh69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2016, 10:24 PM   #13
Emporion
"TRF" Member

Watchmaster

I have been having problems with Watchmaster and want to warn you.

I ordered a watch and paid for it. After a day I received an email that they wanted more money because they made a mistake.

I ordered a watch, paid for it and it was received with a damaged, dirty outer and inner box. After sending it back I have still not received my money back.

The sales guy Konrad is making mistake after mistake but in the end the money is still not returned.

I would like to warn you not to deal with Watchmaster. They want signed contracts but do not do what is written. They steal your money.
Emporion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2016, 09:39 PM   #14
Watchmaster.com
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116506 LN
Watchmaster Reply

Dear Willem!
We admit that things went wrong with your order - for which we apologized many times. But nobody is stealing your money. As explained, we had two accounts from you and transferred first to the one then to the other. The whole process took a week. Your money is with you, and there is no reason for accusations of theft.
Greetings, Konrad
Watchmaster.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2016, 06:52 PM   #15
CCBOCC
"TRF" Member

Hi gentlemen,
I ordered a IWC Pilot chronograph on Tuesday this week and received it on friday before 10 am as expected. As I am French I was welcome in my langage on their web chat and got clear answers to my questions. Key informations were addressed to me by email or on the phone by Thomas, my contact unique contact all along our discussions. I received updates by email at each steps of my order processing. Price, service, delivery time...what more. I would recommand this site with no hesitation.
CCBOCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2016, 02:56 PM   #16
cvp808
"TRF" Member

I used to live in Berlin - and I can tell you from years of experience it would be VERY hard to be a successful scammer there. Germany locks down every aspect of business, banking and telephone calls. You can't even get a pre-paid phone without government issued ID.

I have zero experience or affiliation with this company - but as an American who immigrated to DE years ago I can tell you that Poland and or Cz would give me a red flag long before Germany.

If you ever feel scammed by a German seller - simply call the main number for the bank you wired money to and explain the situation. They all have tellers that speak English. You'll find resolution quickly.
cvp808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2016, 06:25 AM   #17
Sparkleha
"TRF" Member

Bad experience

Was looking to sell a Ladydatejust, watch master offered £4,400 after email appraisal. Asked me to post the watch but I didn't feel comfortable. Good job, a few weeks later, business took me near to their head office in UK. They would only offer £3,600, saying they had made a mistake and thought the face had diamonds. I told them to sod off, had I posted I would be out of pocket for sending and the return. Friends have also had problems.
Sparkleha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2016, 05:06 AM   #18
Sparkleha
"TRF" Member

Retract

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkleha View Post
Was looking to sell a Ladydatejust, watch master offered £4,400 after email appraisal. Asked me to post the watch but I didn't feel comfortable. Good job, a few weeks later, business took me near to their head office in UK. They would only offer £3,600, saying they had made a mistake and thought the face had diamonds. I told them to sod off, had I posted I would be out of pocket for sending and the return. Friends have also had problems.
My mistake, I dealt with Watchfinder, not Watchmaster
Sparkleha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2016, 01:40 AM   #19
cbqcoupon
"TRF" Member

Can i buy from you guys? Im here in the us
cbqcoupon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2016, 02:23 AM   #20
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbqcoupon View Post
Can i buy from you guys? Im here in the us
Why would you even bother after reading everything above?

Reach out to one of our trusted sellers here on the forum.
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2017, 10:12 PM   #21
Harry247
"TRF" Member

Hey guys.. I recently bought a watch from these guys.. Has anyone had any experience of them? How do they source their watches? Thankyou
Harry247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2017, 12:50 AM   #22
Harry247
"TRF" Member

Hello, Has anyone got any further experience with this company? In particular.. I assume the watches are sourced from recogonised Rolex dealers?
Harry247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2017, 01:00 AM   #23
Yo Cecil
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry247 View Post
Hello, Has anyone got any further experience with this company? In particular.. I assume the watches are sourced from recogonised Rolex dealers?

I have purchased a "brand new" watch from WatchMaster recently and I can confirm the company - WatchMaster is a complete shambles!

Although it was my first luxury watch purchase, oh boy have I learnt some tough lessons on what to ask, re ask, and ask for their definitions on basic answers. If you have any post purchase questions or little things you wish to be conveniently rectified, you may as well save yourself plenty of time, telephone calls and headaches and either overlook them or do them yourself.

As time has gone by I have jotted some, not all of my concerns with WatchMaster.co.uk down..

My watch wasn't brand new although being told it was by a gentleman on the telephone at WatchMaster.

It didn't come in a plastic case, the employees there are adamant they have never seen a brand new Rolex which comes in a separate plastic case!

The bezel wasn't straight so it potentially has been worn (I was told it wouldn't have been).

They didn't adjust the strap after I asked them on the telephone to do so as well as sending an email to be sure it would be adjusted.

£6000+ and no tracking other than morning - night.

WatchMaster customer service can't speak English all that well, and one had to Google a word which he didn't understand.

No Rolex cloth after being told I'd get one.
No generic cloth after being told they would send me one out - I called them about this when the watch was delivered, two weeks after, three weeks after...Given up!

No discount because they work with "tight margins" but if you finance a watch they'll slap an up-to 19% premium on the 0% finance deal.

The sliding strap adjuster is stuck in the middle position. I emailed WatchMaster a month ago and still no reply.

For the purchase of my next luxury watch I will definitely be going to an Authorised Dealer. The pure thrill, excitement and joy of especially purchasing your first luxury watch shouldn't be nullified by bargain basement customer services, and definitely not dishonesty.

We live and learn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yo Cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2017, 02:18 AM   #24
Polly
"TRF" Member

I had an excellent experience with Watchmaster

Hi, I have bought a new Omega Speedmaster 311.30.42.30.01.006 from Watchmaster this week March, 2017. They are based in Berlin, Germany and the whole process was easy and flawless. Looked on website they had the best prices hands down. Went on live chat and spoke to Vincent and Conrad and got even more of a discount. Telephoned them to see what they where all about, and I found them professional. He arrange for a voucher discount code to be sent that day to my email, valid for 24 hours. I placed my order on line and paid by Visa on late Saturday night on line. Got a confirmation email for payment on Sunday morning and then got a UPS tracking number on Monday. My watch arrived at my home in Glasgow UK on the Tuesday morning before 10.00 am from Germany by UPS courier. Beautifully boxed and packaged with all the bells and whistles. All was well with my purchase. I took my new Omega Speedmaster to the official Omega Boutique to have the bracelet resized. Resizing/fitting was free under the 2 year Omega International warranty and the shop confirmed my purchase was authentic and a real bargain. My Omega Watch Warranty/guarantee card stamps and documents has the store sale for my watch as Italy for the shop that actually sold the watch and dated March 2017. The watch was brand new with all Omega tags, seals, warranty and pictograph cards. The watch had an official Omega price tag/seal that said 5400 Euros, thats about £4725 and I paid less than 2/3 that price for it brand new this March, 2017. In my experience, I cannot rate Watchmaster high enough for there professionalism and value. It was a super smooth process at the very best price. I really like my new watch. P.S. I do not work for Watchmaster or have any association with them other than my one purchase of my new Omega Speedmaster 311.30.42.30.01.006. I found Watchmaster excellent all round and I would not hesitate to use them again. Me happy :-))))))) Hope it works for you too.
Polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2017, 08:53 AM   #25
Yo Cecil
"TRF" Member

Pull the other one WatchMaster you could've done better than that haha!! I won't say which parts make it stand out like a sore thumb but that pseudonymous praise is blimmin hilarious.

Old 17 March 2017, 08:07 AM   #26
Polly
"TRF" Member

Watchmaster was good for me

Hi, put this up here again Jim,hope it helps.......I have bought a new Omega Speedmaster 311.30.42.30.01.006 from Watchmaster this week March, 2017. They are based in Berlin, Germany and the whole process was easy and flawless. Looked on website they had the best prices hands down. Went on live chat and spoke to Vincent and Conrad and got even more of a discount. Telephoned them to see what they where all about, and I found them professional. He arrange for a voucher discount code to be sent that day to my email, valid for 24 hours. I placed my order on line and paid by Visa on late Saturday night on line. Got a confirmation email for payment on Sunday morning and then got a UPS tracking number on Monday. My watch arrived at my home in Glasgow UK on the Tuesday morning before 10.00 am from Germany by UPS courier. Beautifully boxed and packaged with all the bells and whistles. All was well with my purchase. I took my new Omega Speedmaster to the official Omega Boutique to have the bracelet resized. Resizing/fitting was free under the 2 year Omega International warranty and the shop confirmed my purchase was authentic and a real bargain. My Omega Watch Warranty/guarantee card stamps and documents has the store sale for my watch as Italy for the shop that actually sold the watch and dated March 2017. The watch was brand new with all Omega tags, seals, warranty and pictograph cards. The watch had an official Omega price tag/seal that said 5400 Euros, thats about £4725 and I paid less than 2/3 that price for it brand new this March, 2017. In my experience, I cannot rate Watchmaster high enough for there professionalism and value. It was a super smooth process at the very best price. I really like my new watch. P.S. I do not work for Watchmaster or have any association with them other than my one purchase of my new Omega Speedmaster 311.30.42.30.01.006. I found Watchmaster excellent all round and I would not hesitate to use them again. Me happy :-))))))) Hope it works for you too.
Old 19 March 2017, 07:37 AM   #27
Polly
"TRF" Member

Well.....thats my own good & honest personal experience from Watchwaster. You seen to have the impression that this is not an honest customer's review of a good experience.
You are wrong.
Old 20 March 2017, 01:12 AM   #28
Yo Cecil
"TRF" Member

I'll let those with 20/20 vision decide.

Old 20 March 2017, 06:00 AM   #29
Polly
"TRF" Member

20/20 vision only indicates the sharpness or clarity of vision ....................at a distance.
Old 24 March 2017, 10:10 PM   #30
simcou
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Submariner
dont deal with them

I ordered a watch with them, and took advantage of their 0% finance.
Thats where the problems started .

Their claim of what you see it was you pay is misleading as if you buy on Finance they add 9% +, When i inquired about this watch-master said it was the finance company who added this , so i called them and no they dont add it watch master do.

next problem delivery dates , when buying i was given a delivery date , the day it was expected email arrives 7pm to say its still be refurbished ? Hang on ...the website implies all watches have been refurbished and are ready for sale and dispatch , not the case they only do this after you order it !

You can never get them on the phone . they do email normally late in the day when you cant respond ,

So you can get on chat , and spoke with the head of sales who wouldn't admit they add the extra % couldn't confirm when i would actually receive the watch , and really didn't want to rectify any of their mistakes.

i decided the company was not trustworthy and unreliable and unwilling to admit they had mislead me over the finance and cancelled the order . Instead i headed to grays market off bond street and brought the watch working and ready with no hassle which is now on my wrist .

Dont bother with them be warned .
simcou is offline   Reply With Quote