The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 5 November 2015, 02:59 AM   #1
acaixguard
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, ALS
Opinions wanted: half link needed or not?

Was wondering if I could get some opinions here. After getting the right level of tightness on my SD4K with the glide-lock, the clasp is a bit off center. When the case is perfectly centered on top of my wrist, the clasp is closer to the ulnar side (towards 12:00). Pics here...

IMG_2512.jpg
IMG_2514.jpg

The glide-lock is set to be the 3rd "click" from the tightest setting now. Would it be a good idea to order the half link that's available for the Submariner, and use it in lieu of one of the links located on the 6:00 side, and using a looser glide-lock setting? I'm hoping to not only move the clasp a bit closer to the radial side of the wrist, but also to keep the watch from drifting to the ulnar side as I go about my day.

Thanks in advance!
acaixguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2015, 03:09 AM   #2
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
I have a half link on my 116600. Not for centering the clasp but to give me a little more flexibility with the Glidelock. The half link floats or moves up and down which is cool too.
Old 5 November 2015, 03:15 AM   #3
REFZ
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Rolex Way
The clasp doen't look wrong to me.
How many links do you have on each side of the bracelet?
Old 5 November 2015, 03:28 AM   #4
asleep
"TRF" Member

My clasp is nearly in the same position as yours is. I'm waiting for the bracelet to break-in for a few months, but plan to swap the half-link over to better center the clasp under my wrist and keep the head from shifting to the outside.
asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2015, 03:34 AM   #5
acaixguard
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the response. I have 4 links on the 6:00 side and 5 on the 12:00 side. Removing another link from the 6:00 side makes it too tight, even with the Glide-Lock all the way out. Plus it put the clasp too close to the 6:00 side of the case, which was awkward. Hoping the half-link is the happy medium.
Old 5 November 2015, 03:41 AM   #6
sco
"TRF" Member

Watch: Subc AT 8500 CSO
Go for the half link, sounds like you will get what you are looking for.
sco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2015, 03:46 AM   #7
MaverickMP
"TRF" Member

looks okay to me, is it comfortable?
MaverickMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2015, 04:03 AM   #8
acaixguard
"TRF" Member

It's pretty comfortable now, but it does have a tendency to pull towards the 12:00 side. Is this inevitable regardless of how the bracelet is fitted, short of making it skin tight?

I called the RSC in NYC and they are able to do it if pay them a visit on the spot. However, the lady on the phone made it sound like it's not a guarantee they will, since that part technically does not belong on the SD4K. She mentioned they typically do not put the watch out of original specs. Anyone know if this is really an issue?

The local AD close to me can order it, but they would tack on another $25 to cover shipping. I'm having a hard time with paying $25 for a small link just out of principle.
Old 5 November 2015, 04:13 AM   #9
Lordofrolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes Please!
I have the same amount of links as you on either side. it looks normal on your wrist.

Follow me on Instagram: @b_jakobovich
Lordofrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2015, 04:38 AM   #10
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by acaixguard View Post
It's pretty comfortable now, but it does have a tendency to pull towards the 12:00 side. Is this inevitable regardless of how the bracelet is fitted, short of making it skin tight?

I called the RSC in NYC and they are able to do it if pay them a visit on the spot. However, the lady on the phone made it sound like it's not a guarantee they will, since that part technically does not belong on the SD4K. She mentioned they typically do not put the watch out of original specs. Anyone know if this is really an issue?

The local AD close to me can order it, but they would tack on another $25 to cover shipping. I'm having a hard time with paying $25 for a small link just out of principle.
PM me if you want to know where I got mine from
Old 5 November 2015, 07:17 AM   #11
kirksingleton
"TRF" Member

buy the full link and make the difference up in the deployment
kirksingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2015, 07:25 AM   #12
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by acaixguard View Post

It is inevitable that it will pull to the 12:00 side, they all do. However, if in fact a half link is what you need, it will provide a certain degree of comfort. I have one on a YM2 and it made a HUGE difference with that watch.

To be honest, your clasp doesn't look bad at all. But if it feels wrong to you, that's all that matters. Give the half link a try...and don't worry about the $25...if it works, it will be well worth it. Good luck and keep us posted,
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2015, 07:51 AM   #13
Tarandy
"TRF" Member

Wow you sir are a freak! I know this because I had the same dilemma, but with a sub, too which my other half said I was a freak (and she knows everything) and talked me out of it. Thank you for bringing this problem back into my life. (I knew I was normal)
Tarandy is offline   Reply With Quote