The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 1 August 2016, 11:40 PM   #1
Porter
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Tudor....
Getting ready for a 7032/0 but...

Hi all,
As I wrote in a thread few weeks ago I've been searching for a Tudor 7032/0 but I found several differences between the ones I've considered interesting. Would be great if some of the experts can help me (thanks in advance).
I'm not sure if it's because are excessively polished or due to wounded every day but I saw few differences in crown guards thickness and dimensions. Some of them the crown was nearly covered by the guard and others the crown was quite out of the guard. Also the top side of the guard is thinner than the back side. Is like the back side is more protected.
In some models the crown had same diameter but different thickness. I don't know if thick crowns are serviced ones or they changed the case tube too.
The plexiglass had shaped edge in most of them but others had rounded finished.
Pushers had nearly all the same engraving but only a few had different and smoother.
I imagine the bracelet is very easy to change and brake during the use of the watch and if I'm not wrong the folded bracelet is the one matching the earlier models. Is the solid bracelet with flip lock an issue to decrease the final price?
Sorry about so many questions but is a big investment and will be the jewel in my collection and wouldn't like to make a mistake buying the wrong one!
Thanks again and have a nice day!
Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2016, 11:26 PM   #2
Porter
"TRF" Member

No one can help?...
Old 3 August 2016, 12:02 AM   #3
jdog111578
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor 7016, 94010
Many subs from that era could be polished more or less which will affect the guard size. Also there most likely is a service 703 crown some of the watches vs. the thinner 702 crowns that came with them. The plexi's with the more beveled edge are likely service crystals. The folded link bracelets could have also been replaced by the more solid 78360 as well. Not an issue but as with many vintage watches, can decrease in value/marketability when parts are not replaced with period correct/factory versions. Hope this helps.
jdog111578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2016, 05:35 AM   #4
Porter
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdog111578 View Post
Many subs from that era could be polished more or less which will affect the guard size. Also there most likely is a service 703 crown some of the watches vs. the thinner 702 crowns that came with them. The plexi's with the more beveled edge are likely service crystals. The folded link bracelets could have also been replaced by the more solid 78360 as well. Not an issue but as with many vintage watches, can decrease in value/marketability when parts are not replaced with period correct/factory versions. Hope this helps.
Thanks a lot. Of course helps.
So I don't need to worry about those details. All watches I've been looking are from trusted sellers or shops. Just wasn't very sure when I saw so many differences in same model from same year.
I was very surprised when I found a lot of watches with "AM replacement" parts. That's why I've started to be very meticulous with every offer received.
Thanks again and have a nice day.