The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 6 August 2016, 01:48 PM   #1
shedlock2000
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16753; Bellini Dia
Icon6 16713 GMT Root Beer Query

Hi Guys,

Looking for (yet further) advice. Sorry to spam you guys, but you are the font of all Rolex knowledge and I really don't want to get the wrong end of a Rollie deal.

I am in communication with a Jewellers in Washington State over a watch (I am confident about this watch, but I have asked a questions about it here: http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?p=6906442). However, I have just found anther watch on eBay: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Rolex-18K-Gol...wAAOSwv9hW5RHi.

This eBay watch is in Singapore and communication has been a bit difficult because of language barriers, but willing and somewhat helpful.

I wonder if someone can give me their thoughts on the watch and the seller. Is there any advice about buying a watch from such a seller? The watch is said to be '97 but the dial is much darker than the other at '91 and I wonder if it has had a dial swap or something. Maybe it is just the photo, but does the Washington (lighter dial) look to be too light a colour? For those who were interested, the question in the other thread is moot now as the watch on the leather band has been sold.

Thanks in advance peeps (The photos attached are of the two watches I am interested in. The lighter dial is in Washington, but I prefer the darker dial of the Singapore watch.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Preferred dial colour GMT .jpg (55.5 KB, 108 views)
File Type: jpg Oyster.jpg (72.4 KB, 114 views)

SS Submariner no date 1992 (sold); SS GMT II 2007 (sold); SS GMT II C 2008 ('M' series) (sold); SS Sub C 2011 (sold); BB GMT 1971 (sold); Omega 50th GMT
shedlock2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebay item , gmt 16713 , root beer