The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 14 April 2017, 12:45 PM   #1
wisguy
"TRF" Member

Speedy tuesday and 60th anniversary editions value

I have reserved one of each, but since I already have a FOIS when the time comes I will only buy one, if any.

I had thought about just passing on them, but looking at the prices for the Apollo 13 45th anniversary snoopy edition... I wonder if it might be wise to buy them and flip them BNIB?

The snoopy edition I've seen offered for almost triple the MSRP, so there might be an opportunity here to put some cash in the watch fund.

Feedback appreciated.
Old 14 April 2017, 02:44 PM   #2
DCheeta
"TRF" Member

Personally I can't imagine having those two awesome watches and not wanting to wear them, but that aside, I guess you might be able to make a buck or two on the Speedy Tuesday.

The 60th Anniv model will have 3557 made, so not as scarce and probably not as profitable a flip. But I could be wrong, you never know how collectors are going to react.
DCheeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2017, 02:53 PM   #3
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Speedy Tuesday a homerun, agree the other is tbd they seem to being doing well on presales
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2017, 05:10 AM   #4
-Ally-
"TRF" Member

I predict the Speedy Tuesday will skyrocket.
-Ally- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2017, 07:54 AM   #5
wisguy
"TRF" Member

interesting POVs, understand the Speedy Tuesday comes in more limited numbers, but I would have thought the historical "significance" of the 60th anniversary would make it more valuable.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see!
Old 15 April 2017, 12:49 PM   #6
DCheeta
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisguy View Post
interesting POVs, understand the Speedy Tuesday comes in more limited numbers, but I would have thought the historical "significance" of the 60th anniversary would make it more valuable.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see!
Yeah I can't wait to see. They're both awesome pieces. I'm excited to get my hands on a 60th Anniv Speedy.
DCheeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2017, 07:45 PM   #7
SC11
Banned

Watch: AP ☠️
I should have the Speedy Tuesday and Trilogy set coming in which maybe Omega overkill, but they all appeal to me in different ways.

I'm not sure on how values will go, the CK initially followed the Snoopy hype but soon died down and seem more readily available now.
SC11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2017, 09:02 PM   #8
hchj
"TRF" Member

Speedy tuesday and 60th anniversary editions value

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC11 View Post
I should have the Speedy Tuesday and Trilogy set coming in which maybe Omega overkill, but they all appeal to me in different ways.

I'm not sure on how values will go, the CK initially followed the Snoopy hype but soon died down and seem more readily available now.

I have the same observation regarding the CK. The no. of Speedy Tue made isn't small... After the initial launch, its price will stabilise... Having said that, I believe the OP can still make a profit if OP can hold it for Long enough and hope omega doesn't make another speedy that is cheaper and nicer :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hchj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2017, 01:15 AM   #9
red1108nyc
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
Would like to be proud owner of both and rock them on my wrist. Future value calls are better had by fortune tellers or just invest in Warren Buffett if you like to view through lense of investment.
red1108nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2017, 01:37 AM   #10
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1108nyc View Post
Would like to be proud owner of both and rock them on my wrist. Future value calls are better had by fortune tellers or just invest in Warren Buffett if you like to view through lense of investment.
This. I'm going to enjoy the hell out of my ST and 60th trilogy.
sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2017, 04:20 AM   #11
wisguy
"TRF" Member

I usually flip but don't do it as an investment... I know better and not taking a bath is all I look for.

I would flip immediately so hopefully on the initial hype where values are high, if I don't I could keep them both and wait. Have also seen how the Snoopy has maintained the high asking prices while the CK sort of died down (in my view the blue color doesn't help, personally I find that version to be quite ugly and un-speedmaster like)

I just think having 3 Speedmasters is 2 too many, not matter how great they are. Most likely I would keep the 60th (I think that is the one I'll like better) and flip the Speedy Tuesday and the FOIS.

Thanks for the feedback guys.
Old 17 April 2017, 04:26 AM   #12
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Quote:

What about the Snoopy hype? I think it disappeared rather quickly as well. Maybe it will catch on again in a few years. Definitely don't think it's worth 12-14k.
Wahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2017, 06:33 AM   #13
Punchthefatkid
"TRF" Member

As far as I can make out, the trilogy watches will get different reference numbers depending on whether they are sold as individual watches or as part of the actual trilogy box set.

For example, the Speedmaster will be ref: 311.10.39.30.01.001 if sold as part of the 3,557 individual watches and ref: 311.10.39.30.01.002 if sold as part of the 557 available trilogy box sets.

The other 2 watches will be referenced as follows.

Railmaster will be ref: 220.10.38.20.01.001 as an individual & 220.10.38.20.01.002 as part of the box set.

Likewise, the Seamaster will be ref: 234.10.39.20.01.001 as an individual & 234.10.39.20.01.002 as part of the set.

I think each of the 557 box set watches will be distinguished from its 3,557 numbered counterpart by having the word 'Trilogy' stamped on the face.

I also believe the Speedmaster at least (not sure about the other 2) will have its limited edition number stamped under the word 'Speedmaster'

Punchthefatkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2017, 07:27 AM   #14
SC11
Banned

Watch: AP ☠️
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahlberg View Post
What about the Snoopy hype? I think it disappeared rather quickly as well. Maybe it will catch on again in a few years. Definitely don't think it's worth 12-14k.
Here in the UK they are trading way above original retail while the CK is sub retail.
SC11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2017, 12:37 PM   #15
wisguy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Here in the UK they are trading way above original retail while the CK is sub retail.
Same in the US as far as I know...

Speedy Tuesday at 2,012 pieces is very close to the 1,970 of the Snoopy, and with a bit more differences vs the regular speedy(radial, lume, all brushed, panda, nato, roll)

We'll see... obviously 5 years of a forum is less of a milestone!