The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 22 April 2017, 09:52 AM   #1
icebergslm
"TRF" Member

Hypothetical warranty question

I was wondering, based on the info that I see here that says the warranty on any Rolex starts when the card is swiped, and follows the watch. If I purchased a Rolex from Jomashop, the card had to be swiped at some point, even if they didn't include the card when I bought the watch. Could I still, in theory, send the watch to RSC under warranty if it happened to need repair?

Not asking about how good or bad Jomashop is, I've actually purchased from them before and had a smooth transaction with 0 complaints, so that's not the question.
icebergslm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2017, 10:15 AM   #2
JLM3
"TRF" Member

Watch: blusylvx2blnrsmpbb
I believe you need to send the card in with the watch for the service.
JLM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2017, 10:33 AM   #3
Glidelock
"TRF" Member

Watch: SDC4000, Sub LVC
Card cannot be swiped by Jomashop, as they are not an authorized dealer. Therefore, they offer there own in house warranty!
Glidelock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2017, 10:54 AM   #4
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glidelock View Post
Card cannot be swiped by Jomashop, as they are not an authorized dealer. Therefore, they offer there own in house warranty!
I assume the OP means that whichever AD the watch originally came from would have had to swipe the card before passing the watch on to Jomashop or a middle man.

As stated above, however, you need the card to ask for the warranty work, afaik.
Old Expat Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2017, 11:19 AM   #5
icebergslm
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
I assume the OP means that whichever AD the watch originally came from would have had to swipe the card before passing the watch on to Jomashop or a middle man.

As stated above, however, you need the card to ask for the warranty work, afaik.
Thanks. I know I read on here someone saying "the card means nothing, RSC has the warranty info in its databases. If you lost your warranty card, you can still get work done under warranty". Probably someone being overzealous in making their point in a warranty argument . I just wanted to be clear on whether or not that was true.
icebergslm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2017, 11:21 AM   #6
Bigsykedaddy
"TRF" Member

Watch: LVc | SubC
Quote:
Originally Posted by icebergslm View Post
Thanks. I know I read on here someone saying "the card means nothing, RSC has the warranty info in its databases. If you lost your warranty card, you can still get work done under warranty". Probably someone being overzealous in making their point in a warranty argument . I just wanted to be clear on whether or not that was true.
From what I've read and what RSC told me the warranty card MUST accompany the watch if you are having warranty work done.
Bigsykedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2017, 11:31 AM   #7
Jim Smyth
Banned

Watch: DD
The warranty card needs to go with the watch for warranty work. The date on the card is key as well as having the dealer name/address also on the card. The swiping of the card at a AD does nothing more than order another of the same watch from the mothership. Rolex does not keep records of your purchase through the warranty card.
Jim Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote