The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 16 June 2011, 12:22 PM   #61
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yessir69 View Post
I agree the strap looks great.

And, Lisa - NO!!!

No? No, what? Was it something I said?
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2011, 01:31 PM   #62
SUBversive
Banned

Watch: Sun Dial
Fantastic. Good luck and congrats. Not a fan of the leather strap but prob looks better in person. Have to ask: awesome watch, no ring? Also hope you took delivery on a non- holiday.
SUBversive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2011, 04:40 PM   #63
miss kare
"TRF" Member

Thank you everyone for the warm welcoming and kind words! I do think I made a good choice with the strap. I understand its different from the bracelet, but I like both. Its two completely different looks and its all personal preference.

As an update, we are actually doing some “surgery” on the bracelet. Thank you SPEED for shining some light on re-sizing of your wife’s DJ. The fiancé and I stopped by our local Rolex repair and we are going to order 2 links (half sizes?). I’m still a little confused about how it will be done, but I’ll leave it up to the expert… So once the sizing is fixed, I’ll be able to wear the bracelet more often.

@ Threemonkeys – I will make sure and post some pics when i’m “out in the wild wearing this beauty.”

@ Rockrolex – Thank you for the welcoming. Maybe I’ll post some wedding pics when the day comes…. Or maybe I’ll post some wedding…. watch pics ;D

@ SUBversive – Thanks! And I think everything looks better in person, pictures don’t really capture the feeling of the watch. And to your question, “no ring?” Answer is, yes… the ring is on its way. The DJ was somewhat of an impulse buy because we found out about the price increase… lol. We are still working on finding the perfect ring… and the perfect stone. ;D I am a little confused by this question -> “Also hope you took delivery on a non- holiday.” ?????
miss kare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2011, 05:57 PM   #64
le_baroudeur
"TRF" Member

Congratulations ! Perfect watch for your wrist !
Old 1 July 2011, 01:08 AM   #65
captainblack
"TRF" Member

Nice

Hey , congrats on the upcoming Weddings, looks superb on the white strap.
captainblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2011, 01:29 AM   #66
dooder202
Banned

Watch: DateJust
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss kare View Post
Hello! I'd like to submit a small review of my lovely engagement watch. My fiance proposed with this lovely piece on May 8th of this year. He is a watch person (actually watch fanatic) and we bought my watch while strolling into the Rolex store to have his Sub cleaned.

I'd like to introduce my Lady DateJust, Mother of Pearl, Roman Numerals, Fluted Bezel, Stainless Steal Jubilee Bracelet with a hidden clasp (and my first Rolex) watch. (BTW, I'm pretty new to this forum so I apologize for any "forum-lingo" that I should or should not be using).

As far as the specs for this watch:

- 26mm White Mother of Pearl Dial
- 18k White Gold Fluted Bezel (my favorite part of the watch)
- Roman Numeral Markers
- Sapphire Crystal
- Stainless Steal Jubilee Bracelet
- Hidden Clasp

First off, we chose the 26mm because I for one, do not like big watches. I have a small wrist and anything bigger would have looked overwhelmingly large on my wrist. I like the simple, feminine but not too feminine look. I know the trend nowadays seems to be big watches for some women, but I don't think I'll ever catch onto that trend.

Next, the White Mother of Pearl is absolutely stunning and beautiful. Its a very subtle WOW factor, but still a WOW factor . I caught myself looking at the dial at different angles and different shades of light the first week I wore it. I would just turn it against the light to see the different ripples and colors in the Mother of Pearl. I never do get sick of looking at it. Pictures really do not do the Mother of Pearl any justice. That is something that you definitely need to see in person to really appreciate.

Then its my favorite, the fluted white gold bezel. I LOVE the look of the fluted bezel rather than the plain stainless steal bezel. It just... glistens and glitters in the light. Its the added BLING without the actual bling. ;) Its just beautiful. At every angle you look at, the fluted bezel just shines at you. Its almost hypnotic in a way. You just catch yourself looking.. then staring...

Lastly, the stainless steal Jubilee Bracelet really makes the watch pop. It looks great and more like a bracelet rather than a watch. The Oyster bracelet is nice, but seems to be more of a casual look compared to the Jubilee. I like the hidden clasp because it just looks much cleaner. Its a more sleek and chic look.

On a side note, we recently purchased a leather strap to try on for size. My fiance felt I might feel more comfortable with a leather strap since the bracelet was slightly loose. Rolex couldn't adjust the links anymore, if I took one more off, it would be too tight so i had to go with it a little loose. So I chose a Hadley Roma, White Pearl, Alligator Leather Strap. It is actually very comfortable and gives the watch a completely different look. Its like having two different watches. The White Pearl Strap grabs onto the color of the Mother of Pearl dial and they really go hand in hand with one another. I think I made a good choice, but it really makes the Rolex look a lot more casual.

Sooooo.... for your viewing pleasure, please find below, photos of the above mentioned watch. I hope I have done this watch justice and that you like my first review.
(The pictures are all mixed up because I'm still a new-bee to this forum)

ENJOY!!
Awesome watch! And car! Enjoy!
dooder202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2011, 01:39 AM   #67
2th Dr
Banned

Watch: Rolex
Welcome to TRF and congrats on the watch and your engagement! That a gorgeous DJ, but I don't think you posted enough pictures! Looks awesome on that white strap too!
2th Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2011, 02:00 AM   #68
2th Dr
Banned

Not to hijack the thread, but I did the same strap on my GFs Breitling...

white ling.JPG
Old 1 July 2011, 02:03 AM   #69
kcmo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2th DR View Post

Attachment 212157
That looks great, Mark!
kcmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2011, 02:08 AM   #70
2th Dr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
That looks great, Mark!
Thanks, my favorite WISta!
Old 1 July 2011, 02:13 AM   #71
kcmo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks, my favorite WISta!
You know I can't resist a white dial! And that strap goes great with it! She must be loving the combo!
kcmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2011, 03:05 AM   #72
2th Dr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
You know I can't resist a white dial! And that strap goes great with it! She must be loving the combo!
She is!
Old 1 July 2011, 03:13 AM   #73
jpup
"TRF" Member

Love the pearl white alligator strap on both watches! I am planning on doing the same with one of mine
jpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2011, 05:15 AM   #74
reecester
"TRF" Member

Very nice. Congrats!
reecester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2011, 07:55 AM   #75
HACKNSACK44
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
Congrats!!
Old 1 July 2011, 08:56 AM   #76
hsfrank
"TRF" Member

Watch: President
Congrats on both your engagement and the beautiful DJ. You are well on your way to becoming a fanatic!

Time and Tide wait for no man

Rolex Cellini 4133
Tudor North Flag

HERS:
Rolex TTDJ
hsfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2011, 11:55 AM   #77
Suzy Cruisy
"TRF" Member

Watch: 178343 TTDJ MOP24d
Icon10

Kare,

I have to say I LOVE LOVE LOVE the white pearl leather strap on your watch. Even more than the jubilee (and I'm partial to jubilee). That white pearl color with the MOP face is stunning.

Your watch fits your wrist size perectly and looks awesome. I personally don't get the really huge watches on girls, but whatever makes you comfortable is what matters! I found for me I am happiest with 31mm (because I have big wrists) on a metal band, but I can handle 36mm with leather as well.

I just today got my new custom ordered first Rolex, and, like you, I got white mother of pearl and I stared at it a while. I have to figure out how to set the time though, so after wearing it outside a bit, I put it back in the box. My WIS hubby will be home soon and will show me the ropes.

I actually logged in to post my 'on the wrist' picture, so I'd better do that before he gets here and I hadn't done what I came for! (I got sidetracked by your pretty pictures!)

Cheers!

Suzy
Suzy Cruisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2011, 12:14 PM   #78
sandalgirl

Watch: Ladies TT Datejust
Congrats....the watch is absolutely beautiful. I really like the leather strap and would be conflicted which watch to wear each morning...your one watch has two distinct but equally lovely looks. Enjoy.
sandalgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2011, 01:17 PM   #79
gucciposh

Watch: me DRIFT
Congrats! i've been longing to get one of these soon too! i'm so happy for you ;-)
gucciposh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2011, 01:24 PM   #80
bewithabob
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona Meteorite
Congratulations on your engagement with best wishes to a wonderful life ahead of you. Your fiance is quite the gentleman!

116509 Daytona Meteorite, 116520 Daytona Black, 116710 GMTIIC, 16013 DATEJUST,
CARTIER SANTOS 100 W20090X8, IWC Big Pilot, IWC Top Gun

"Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it's not the end."
bewithabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2011, 01:28 PM   #81
SWIMPRUF
"TRF" Member

Congrats!
Old 7 July 2011, 11:16 PM   #82
smartson
"TRF" Member

Welcome and Congrats x 2
Seiko SDGM001
smartson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2011, 01:17 AM   #83
BeekerMuppet
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14000M, 16570
Congrats on the watch and engagement and welcome

(Wearing)
First Luxury Watch: Seiko Kinetic Arctura 5M42-0E39 & First Rolex: Air King 14000M Black dial (K) & Second Rolex: Explorer II 16570 White dial (V)
(Saving for) Grand Seiko SBGH015J1
BeekerMuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2011, 01:24 AM   #84
gig

Watch: ss Sub date
congrats. This is a very nice, and lasting alternative to a ring.
gig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2011, 02:32 PM   #85
miss kare
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Attachment 212157
Way to hijack the thread LoL jk. Love the way the white strap looks with your gf watch! I'm sure she does too!
Old 15 July 2011, 02:38 PM   #86
miss kare
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzy Cruisy View Post
Kare,

I have to say I LOVE LOVE LOVE the white pearl leather strap on your watch. Even more than the jubilee (and I'm partial to jubilee). That white pearl color with the MOP face is stunning.

Your watch fits your wrist size perectly and looks awesome. I personally don't get the really huge watches on girls, but whatever makes you comfortable is what matters! I found for me I am happiest with 31mm (because I have big wrists) on a metal band, but I can handle 36mm with leather as well.

I just today got my new custom ordered first Rolex, and, like you, I got white mother of pearl and I stared at it a while. I have to figure out how to set the time though, so after wearing it outside a bit, I put it back in the box. My WIS hubby will be home soon and will show me the ropes.

I actually logged in to post my 'on the wrist' picture, so I'd better do that before he gets here and I hadn't done what I came for! (I got sidetracked by your pretty pictures!)

Cheers!

Suzy

Thank you Suzy! Also, Congrats on your first Rolex as well! They are truly beautiful aren't they? I recently went back to the jubilee as my fiance and I had it resized and it now fits great. But i must say, that I do miss the leather strap. Its good to know that i can go back and forth to either strap if i wanted to though! Thanks again for your kind words!
Old 15 July 2011, 02:39 PM   #87
miss kare
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bewithabob View Post
Congratulations on your engagement with best wishes to a wonderful life ahead of you. Your fiance is quite the gentleman!
He is!! I am very lucky! Thank you so much!
Old 15 July 2011, 02:41 PM   #88
miss kare
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gig View Post
congrats. This is a very nice, and lasting alternative to a ring.
Thank you! and some people agree about the alternative to a ring... but some people dont... hahahha! but it is all personal preference.
Old 15 July 2011, 02:43 PM   #89
miss kare
"TRF" Member

Many thanks to everyone for all the congrats and welcoming me to TRF! I'm so glad my fiance is a WIS, or else i would never be here! lol.
Old 15 July 2011, 09:27 PM   #90
AJMarcus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Swiss
Congrats congrats! Maybe you'll get him a Daytona as his wedding gift?!
AJMarcus is offline   Reply With Quote