The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 15 July 2011, 08:59 AM   #31
Sherwooddavid
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
You can get the same price or better from a Canadian AD if you don't mind doing your homework and negotiating a bit.
I recently purchased a brand new Sub C from an AD after a lengthy search for the best price. It took a bit of negotiating but they eventually came through with a significant discount that brought the price in the ballpark of the online dealers
There were a couple online dealers that were a hundred or two lower but after I paid shipping and money wire fees it was about the same price so I went the AD route knowing I have a brand new watch with a 2 year warranty.
I'm sure all the online dealers are great honest folks but I always wondered where do I take the watch if something happens in the first 2 years ? And things do go wrong ,even with a Rolex.
So my advice is buy from an AD,you should be able to get a comparable price compared to grey market dealers and sit back and enjoy your new piece knowing its new, authentic, and has a 2 year warranty....PIECE OF MIND !
Sherwooddavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2011, 09:10 AM   #32
kareemthedream33
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
It all depends on your AD. My AD offers me 25% off retail and I get to try on different models and they are right there if anything goes wrong.

BTW, I have to say it... It's PEACE of mind, not PIECE of mind. I've seen it so many times I couldn't hold it in anymore! Sorry lol, unless of course you obtain your discount by giving the AD a proverbial "piece" of your mind.
kareemthedream33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2011, 09:13 AM   #33
PHBouche
"TRF" Member

Watch: SMP007/GMTIIC/DSSD
Got my first rolex GMT IIc from Davidsw the transaction was very smooth. But before buying it from him it, I really asked around to see if I can get a good deal with the AD around my area. Nobody gave me a deal like David. The watch was perfect and no regrets from buying it from him.
PHBouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2011, 09:19 AM   #34
Watchdog
"TRF" Member

Watch: I can't tell time
Quote:
Originally Posted by kareemthedream33 View Post
It all depends on your AD. My AD offers me 25% off retail and I get to try on different models and they are right there if anything goes wrong.

BTW, I have to say it... It's PEACE of mind, not PIECE of mind. I've seen it so many times I couldn't hold it in anymore! Sorry lol, unless of course you obtain your discount by giving the AD a proverbial "piece" of your mind.
Kareem, is that on all models? For example, would he give you 25% off on a SS GMTIIC or Sub.

Not shopping myself, just curious.

Thanks.
Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2011, 11:11 AM   #35
kareemthedream33
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkongkelley View Post
Kareem, is that on all models? For example, would he give you 25% off on a SS GMTIIC or Sub.

Not shopping myself, just curious.

Thanks.
Yes, 25% off SS sports models. I went in today to look at a Sub C and he immediately gave me 25% without any negotiation. I can probably knock even a few more hundred off. For all gold models, I've never bought one but my cousin is a serious collector and I know they have given him close to 35% off. Now he buys 3-4 watches a year from them, as well as 3-4 Montblanc pens, so that has something to do with it.
Old 15 July 2011, 11:32 AM   #36
Sherwooddavid
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yes, 25% off SS sports models. I went in today to look at a Sub C and he immediately gave me 25% without any negotiation. I can probably knock even a few more hundred off. For all gold models, I've never bought one but my cousin is a serious collector and I know they have given him close to 35% off. Now he buys 3-4 watches a year from them, as well as 3-4 Montblanc pens, so that has something to do with it.
So with a 25% discount it works out to about $7127 cdn. total for a brand new Sub C with a warranty. Thats fairly close to what I paid for mine but I have 15% hst and it was a bit more.
I don't think you can do much better online when you add on shipping etc.
Also there is Canada Customs to consider if you are buying it in the U.S. That would add on another 18%(13% hst & 5% duty) if you get checked.
But I know there are ways that online dealers have that will enable you to avoid hst and duty. I just don't like to fool with Canada Customs as its not worth the gamble to me.
Old 15 July 2011, 11:34 AM   #37
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

Call Tony (JustRolexes). I've had a great experience with him. Read the reviews and decide. Mine was a 10 out of 10 experience, can't get anything better then that.
Give him a PM and tell him what you want !! I had 2 watches shipped to me in the last month from him.
Old 15 July 2011, 11:41 AM   #38
kareemthedream33
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherwooddavid View Post
So with a 25% discount it works out to about $7127 cdn. total for a brand new Sub C with a warranty. Thats fairly close to what I paid for mine but I have 15% hst and it was a bit more.
I don't think you can do much better online when you add on shipping etc.
Also there is Canada Customs to consider if you are buying it in the U.S. That would add on another 18%(13% hst & 5% duty) if you get checked.
But I know there are ways that online dealers have that will enable you to avoid hst and duty. I just don't like to fool with Canada Customs as its not worth the gamble to me.
Yes, they actually said they would make it $7100 taxes included. I'm seriously considering pulling the trigger.
Old 15 July 2011, 12:05 PM   #39
Sherwooddavid
"TRF" Member

That's a great deal Kareem and you might be able to squeeze a bit more with cash ?
I was in the same boat and decided to buy now because I think its just a matter of time before the price increases in Canada.
My AD told me that the Rolex rep told her it will be soon.
Regards,Dave
Old 15 July 2011, 12:05 PM   #40
Watchdog
"TRF" Member

Watch: I can't tell time
Quote:
Thanks!
Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2011, 12:19 PM   #41
kareemthedream33
"TRF" Member

Quote:
That's a great deal Kareem and you might be able to squeeze a bit more with cash ?
I was in the same boat and decided to buy now because I think its just a matter of time before the price increases in Canada.
My AD told me that the Rolex rep told her it will be soon.
Regards,Dave
I agree, if there is a price increase I will have to rethink things. I can't stand the idea of paying a few hundred dollars more for no reason at all. Also, getting it before the increase helps with resale value. Okay...you guys convinced me, I think I have to get it now. I'm going to walk in there with 68 Robert Bordens in my pocket and see if they take it!
Old 15 July 2011, 12:46 PM   #42
Sherwooddavid
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I agree, if there is a price increase I will have to rethink things. I can't stand the idea of paying a few hundred dollars more for no reason at all. Also, getting it before the increase helps with resale value. Okay...you guys convinced me, I think I have to get it now. I'm going to walk in there with 68 Robert Bordens in my pocket and see if they take it!
Good luck and hope to see pics tomorrow !
Old 15 July 2011, 09:31 PM   #43
AJMarcus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Swiss
Did someone say price increase???????????
AJMarcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2011, 12:17 AM   #44
sweeper

Watch: 5512 LVc BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotth42 View Post
Research and get to know your prices for any particular piece....just because it is from a trusted seller does not mean the price is better than from a brick and mortar AD.

I have purchased BNIB with new warranty stamped in my name from an AD for less than some of the preowned deals on here.

Not saying that you can't get a good deal on TRF but you must do your due diligence.
Yup me too
sweeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2011, 01:27 AM   #45
Sherwooddavid
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMarcus View Post
Did someone say price increase???????????
You already had yours in the U.S. but we didn't have one in Canada yet this year so we are being told to prepare.
Old 16 July 2011, 01:32 AM   #46
Mr. K
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You already had yours in the U.S. but we didn't have one in Canada yet this year so we are being told to prepare.
Good luck. Price increases are bad when buying new. But at least you have a heads up.
Mr. K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2011, 06:39 PM   #47
Sherwooddavid
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Did they take the 68 Robert Bordens Kareem ?