The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 April 2017, 10:35 AM   #61
toxicavenger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seiko's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed View Post
Oh boy. You again.

Well, name names. You like names right?
The usually:
Bob Ridley
LAWW
Giovanni
Trading Post Pawn
Sarraff Watchmaker
Jewelers On Time
The watchmaker my company employs

Some you might not be aware of, some you might.
toxicavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2017, 10:38 AM   #62
Speed
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicavenger View Post
The usually:

Bob Ridley

LAWW

Giovanni

Trading Post Pawn

Sarraff Watchmaker

Jewelers On Time

The watchmaker my company employs

Some you might not be aware of, some you might.

Apart from Giovanni - who you implied was just another watchmaker... How about names of individuals at these other places where you've personally had work done?
Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2017, 10:53 AM   #63
toxicavenger
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Apart from Giovanni - who you implied was just another watchmaker... How about names of individuals at these other places where you've personally had work done?
Oh snap you are trying to pull out the hammer on me

I didn't imply Giovanni was just "another watchmaker". I implied that they are one of the ones that I personally know that are worth mentioning as a reliable Indy and an option to RSC.

Edvi at LAWW
Roscoe at Trading Pawn
Bob at Watchmakers International
Vanessa at Jewelers on Time
Ruben at Sarraff

Any other clarification you need? Did I pass your test??? Can I "hang out" now.
Old 21 April 2017, 11:00 AM   #64
Twin1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
Nice!
Twin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2017, 11:53 AM   #65
vladamir15
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, VC, Breguet
Yep that needed fixing. Congrats

Audemars, Vacheron, Breguet, Jaquet Droz, JLC, Rolex, Omega, Cartier
vladamir15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2017, 12:03 AM   #66
Speed
"TRF" Member

Saved by RSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicavenger View Post
Oh snap you are trying to pull out the hammer on me

I didn't imply Giovanni was just "another watchmaker". I implied that they are one of the ones that I personally know that are worth mentioning as a reliable Indy and an option to RSC.

Edvi at LAWW
Roscoe at Trading Pawn
Bob at Watchmakers International
Vanessa at Jewelers on Time
Ruben at Sarraff

Any other clarification you need? Did I pass your test??? Can I "hang out" now.

Ok. You get a pass

Edvi did the work on a Sub of mine whilst he was at ABC. Nice work and nice guy. Good to know he landed at LAWW.

I've had the most experience with Giovanni since my meager collection leans a bit more "modern" - i.e. Mostly 5 digit watches.
He's a pleasure to work with.

If I am ever fortunate enough to acquire more proper vintage, I'll be speaking more with Edvi and others.
Old 22 April 2017, 12:57 AM   #67
sea-dweller
"TRF" Member

Nice work!
TRF Member #6699 (since September 2007)
sea-dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2017, 01:05 AM   #68
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
Looks great.
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2017, 02:01 AM   #69
m j b
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕& Ω
Gosh that's TWO threads today on people who got their watches polished at the RSC and are happy with the results.

Nice to see. Great job, glad you got your baby back.

baby back, baby back, baby back ribs...

(sorry)

Disclaimer: Please note that the avatar is not an accurate representation of how I look. The camera adds 10 pounds...
m j b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2017, 02:15 AM   #70
mattedialdoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Ok. You get a pass

Edvi did the work on a Sub of mine whilst he was at ABC. Nice work and nice guy. Good to know he landed at LAWW.

Edvi is great, but I am not aware he does the actual repair work. He is the one that arranges repairs and coordinates the process. I believe Beau does the work. If others know different please correct me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mattedialdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2017, 02:24 AM   #71
Speed
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattedialdoc View Post
Edvi is great, but I am not aware he does the actual repair work. He is the one that arranges repairs and coordinates the process. I believe Beau does the work. If others know different please correct me.

Interesting. I spoke with Edvi on the phone...and Beau as well.

I did not think they had spare folks who just worked the phones, rather they were all restorers.

Would be good to know. So is Beau at LAWW as well???
Old 22 April 2017, 02:33 AM   #72
mattedialdoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Interesting. I spoke with Edvi on the phone. I did not think they had spare folks who just worked the phones.

Would be good to know. So is Beau at LAWW as well???

Yes, Beau is at LAWW.

And I didn't mean to imply that Edvi "just worked the phones". I think he is a huge part of the business, but just doesn't do the actual hands on watch work. That is Beau. Beau is a wizard .
And I believe they have a watchmaker that does the movement service stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 22 April 2017, 02:36 AM   #73
Speed
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattedialdoc View Post
Yes, Beau is at LAWW.

And I didn't mean to imply that Edvi "just worked the phones". I think he is a huge part of the business, but just doesn't do the actual hands on watch work. That is Beau. Beau is a wizard .
And I believe they have a watchmaker that does the movement service stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
OK.

Yes. As a "Beau-nus" he is good on the phone as well. Enthusiasm comes through!
Old 22 April 2017, 02:48 AM   #74
Ben.McDonald7
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116500LN
So is it safe to assume that your watch was first touched up by ABC Watchwerks? I only ask because I bought my 16710 from a very good forum member on these forums who had it recently serviced by ABC in December. They didn't do a polish on it at all but did a full movement service. The watch runs fine but I found that it does run just a tad fast in all but 1 position resting. I have to leave my watch crown down at night where it runs around +2 seconds per day resting. If I leave it dial up, dial down, or crown up it runs around +8-10 seconds a day resting. On the wrist it usually wears around +7-8 seconds so by leaving it crown down at night and then wearing it for the day it will balance out around +3-4 seconds a day overall. Not bad performance at all and it is within COSC specs but only at that 1 position. I was a little annoyed until I finally found the 1 position that it doesn't run too fast in. I had my 16013 serviced by another independent listed in this thread that is in Dallas Texas and they got it back to me basically running right at +0-1 seconds per day so just on that alone I would be more inclined to go back to them if they are much better at regulating the movement. The light polish I asked for on the 16013 was spot on also.

Sorry to derail the thread. Glad you got it take care of and the new finish looks 10x better.
Philippians 3:13-14
Ω Omega Speedmaster Pro
Ω Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra Good Planet LE
Rolex Daytona 116500LN
Rolex Submariner Date 126610LV
Rolex Explorer II 16570
Ben.McDonald7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2017, 02:50 AM   #75
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Wow! Big difference! I'll keep this in mind before going to an independent for anything
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2017, 06:13 AM   #76
toxicavenger
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.McDonald7 View Post
So is it safe to assume that your watch was first touched up by ABC Watchwerks? I only ask because I bought my 16710 from a very good forum member on these forums who had it recently serviced by ABC in December. They didn't do a polish on it at all but did a full movement service. The watch runs fine but I found that it does run just a tad fast in all but 1 position resting. I have to leave my watch crown down at night where it runs around +2 seconds per day resting. If I leave it dial up, dial down, or crown up it runs around +8-10 seconds a day resting. On the wrist it usually wears around +7-8 seconds so by leaving it crown down at night and then wearing it for the day it will balance out around +3-4 seconds a day overall. Not bad performance at all and it is within COSC specs but only at that 1 position. I was a little annoyed until I finally found the 1 position that it doesn't run too fast in. I had my 16013 serviced by another independent listed in this thread that is in Dallas Texas and they got it back to me basically running right at +0-1 seconds per day so just on that alone I would be more inclined to go back to them if they are much better at regulating the movement. The light polish I asked for on the 16013 was spot on also.

Sorry to derail the thread. Glad you got it take care of and the new finish looks 10x better.
Sorry that is much timing variance to say that they don't do great work. Watches can get bumped around in shipping or even magnetized.
Old 22 April 2017, 06:14 AM   #77
toxicavenger
"TRF" Member

Quote:
OK.

Yes. As a "Beau-nus" he is good on the phone as well. Enthusiasm comes through!
Edvi does all the front end business. Beau mainly does the service side. They are a great team. Not to mention it works great when you have the duties broken up. Since there is only so much time in one day.
Old 22 April 2017, 06:47 AM   #78
Psmith
"TRF" Member

Watch: spring-driven
Looking good
Old 22 April 2017, 07:38 AM   #79
ABCWatchWerks
"TRF" Member

Icon20 This work was NOT performed by ABC

Hello Lemonvr6,

Your posting was brought to our attention today and we would like to respond and hopefully clarify any misunderstanding or assumptions that may be occurring as a result of your posts.

The refinishing work exampled in the photo certainly does NOT represent the work of ABC Watchwerks. We've searched our records going back about a year to try and locate the service invoice or the refund that you stated was offered for the mishap. We couldn't find any reference to either. In fact, we cant recall being asked for or offering a refund for any refinishing service we've done, going back...I think...forever.

Does it really seem logical (knowing our reputation and historical success) that we would allow such a basic refinishing job to leave our shop in that condition? Just don't see how that's possible. If we we're to make a such a mistake or have a botched result, we would absolutely take full responsibility, own the problem and work our tail off to correct the error. But in this case we cannot accept responsibility for a job we quite simply did not do.

Edit: We are supremely confident this refinishing work could not have been done by LAWW either.. just want to make that point as well.

Regards,
ABC Watchwerks
ABCWatchWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2017, 07:56 AM   #80
Shaky
"TRF" Member

Get the popcorn out, it's a whodunnit !!

I have to say it's never been clear, at least to me who was supposed to have done that he original work.

Shaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2017, 08:02 AM   #81
JP Chestnut
Banned

Watch: Rolex Ref 16600
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABCWatchWerks View Post
Hello Lemonvr6,

Your posting was brought to our attention today and we would like to respond and hopefully clarify any misunderstanding or assumptions that may be occurring as a result of your posts.

The refinishing work exampled in the photo certainly does NOT represent the work of ABC Watchwerks. We've searched our records going back about a year to try and locate the service invoice or the refund that you stated was offered for the mishap. We couldn't find any reference to either. In fact, we cant recall being asked for or offering a refund for any refinishing service we've done, going back...I think...forever.

Does it really seem logical (knowing our reputation and historical success) that we would allow such a basic refinishing job to leave our shop in that condition? Just don't see how that's possible. If we we're to make a such a mistake or have a botched result, we would absolutely take full responsibility, own the problem and work our tail off to correct the error. But in this case we cannot accept responsibility for a job we quite simply did not do.

Edit: We are supremely confident this refinishing work could not have been done by LAWW either.. just want to make that point as well.

Regards,
ABC Watchwerks
Kudos for vouching for LAWW.
JP Chestnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2017, 08:10 AM   #82
toxicavenger
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Chestnut View Post
Kudos for vouching for LAWW.
Double kudos!
Old 22 April 2017, 08:25 AM   #83
Londonboy
"TRF" Member

Interesting, bump for the OP
Londonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2017, 10:40 AM   #84
mattedialdoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABCWatchWerks View Post
Hello Lemonvr6,

Regards,
ABC Watchwerks

Both ABC(Alex/Aaron) and LAWW(Beau/Edvi) are top notch class acts. As I've said before, we are lucky to have them both. It's always hard when professionals go their separate ways. But these guys both have stayed above the fray and keep producing quality product. Cheers!

Old 22 April 2017, 11:00 AM   #85
JP Chestnut
Banned

Watch: Rolex Ref 16600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonvr6 View Post
Pic on top is the output of one of those two. Temper your enthusiasm
I'm ready to temper something. Either my belief in your story, or my estimation of one of those two outfits. How about a work order with your personal information blacked out? Should clear this up pretty quickly
JP Chestnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2017, 07:19 AM   #86
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
That job was terrible, you can do better than that with a green scrub yourself lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.470.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2017, 02:21 PM   #87
toxicavenger
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fskywalker View Post
That job was terrible, you can do better than that with a green scrub yourself lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Maybe he did do it himself. Since the people he suggested had done it didn't do it.
Old 23 April 2017, 02:50 PM   #88
Lemonvr6
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Chestnut View Post
I'm ready to temper something. Either my belief in your story, or my estimation of one of those two outfits. How about a work order with your personal information blacked out? Should clear this up pretty quickly

Lemonvr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2017, 02:56 PM   #89
Curt941
"TRF" Member

Should have sent the watch to Mr. Mom, he's got the ultimate set of tools and can refinish anything.

For real though, I could refinish a bracelet better than that at my house using Scotch Brite pads.
Curt941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2017, 03:00 PM   #90
chris242
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610lv

chris242 is offline   Reply With Quote