The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 14 June 2020, 08:37 PM   #1
Timelessness
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15450ST Blue
15400 or 15450 for me?

Hello everyone, I am currently in the midst of getting a new RO in blue but I am not sure whether a 41mm or 37mm would suit me better.

I always thought I had fairly huge wrists, but this morning I measured them and realised I only had 6.3inch wrists

I previously owned a 15400 in grey and my friends all felt that the 41mm suited me very well, despite most discussions on the forums agreeing that the massive 15400 is more suited for people with 7in+ wrists. Maybe my wrists are flat, or this could be attributed to my body build? (I do a lot of weight lifting and have a fairly built upper body/biceps sans my wrist which I never train at all )

I recently sold my grey 15400 and I am about to get a new one in blue, but instead of getting a new 15400 I am actually considering the 15450 due to its cheaper price and potentially better fit for my wrist. I actually found one very cheaply priced (about 1k+ below market price) but it comes without the warranty card (although it does have the box and manual booklets).

As such, I would like to ask a few questions to the AP community:

1. Would a 15400 or 15450 be better suited for me?

2. Would it be recommended to purchase an AP without the warranty card? If someone had the papers of my watch and reported it as stolen would it be unfavourable to me?

3. Will AP still honor the warranty if I didn't have the warranty card? According to the seller it is a mid 2019 piece.

Thank you. As attached are some images of the 15400 on my wrist before I sold it for reference.

APF.jpg

APF2.jpg
Timelessness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2020, 01:00 AM   #2
Benzsiam
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/AP/PP/ALS
From your picture, it seems like the watch is too big for your 6.3" wrist, 15450 should fit your wrist better.

For warranty, if the previous owner bought it from AD/Boutique and he lost his warranty card but if he still knew the warranty number, you still can go to AP website and register as the new owner by using the watch serial number and the warranty card number. In this case the watch is still under warranty for 5 years from the original date of the purchase. When you register that watch, you will know right away that what was the original purchased date of that watch.

If that watch was originally purchased from the Grey market and there was no warranty card came with, that watch will not cover under AP warranty. The true grey market has their own warranty policy but not from AP.
Benzsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2020, 02:29 AM   #3
phow
"TRF" Member

From those pictures the lugs are overhanging your wrist. IMO, you should be able to look straight down on your wrist and see at least 1/8” to 1/4” of skin between the lugs and the sides of your wrist.
phow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2020, 03:17 AM   #4
Sg6067
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 15450ST Blue
In your pictures the 15400 does look big for your wrist but that’s just my opinion. It’s all about personal preference so if you do like that size stick with it! Your wrist is about the same size as mine. I just bought a 15450 and posted an incoming thread. You should check out the pictures I posted they may be helpful. Good luck!
Sg6067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2020, 04:59 PM   #5
rumnyc
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15202ST
I think 6.5 is minimum and 7in is safer size. From your pic the 15400 looks too big imho.

I have 6.5in and can pull it off but i have big forearms that kind of compensate.

Here is a pic for reference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
rumnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2020, 07:35 PM   #6
Reign
"TRF" Member

450 looks better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2020, 08:02 PM   #7
Timelessness
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15450ST Blue
Thanks for the input guys! Have decided on a 15450 and it is currently on the way. Will make an incoming thread soon.

Does anyone know when the 15450 in blue was released (Was it together with the white in 2012, or later on)? I am curious how long the production run for this watch has been as I haven't seen any 15450 dated before 2017.
Timelessness is offline   Reply With Quote