The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 1 March 2021, 03:28 PM   #1
Pateks
Banned

Patek 5270j

A question regarding the purchase of a new 5270. Does it come in the same wooden box as the other watches? Between my wife and I we have quite a few Pateks but they all come in the same box.

Every box I have just sits in storage. I have one that is on my closet shelf where I place whatever watch is in rotation nightly.

But the 5270 is quite a bit more expensive so was wondering if it came in a different box. And does it come with its own winder or you have to get that separate if you want to keep on a winder?

Ty in advance.
Pateks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2021, 04:26 PM   #2
huydoan
"TRF" Member

Watch: pp and only pp
5270 is manual wind. not sure how the winder helps...
huydoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2021, 04:55 PM   #3
Hafez
"TRF" Member

Winder won’t help. Same box yes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hafez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2021, 04:57 PM   #4
Pateks
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by huydoan View Post
5270 is manual wind. not sure how the winder helps...
Hmm- good point. Thought I read elsewhere there is a wonder available. I must be mistaken. Thx for clarification.
Old 1 March 2021, 04:58 PM   #5
Pateks
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hafez View Post
Winder won’t help. Same box yes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ok thx. Certainly disappointing but appreciate the clarification.
Old 1 March 2021, 05:48 PM   #6
jamestucker
"TRF" Member

I have a couple of friends who own 1 5270P. It came in the same box as their Nautilus etc. However I have seen several grey dealers post slightly different presentation boxes.

As mentioned above no winder as this is a manual wind watch and it comes with a second case back.
jamestucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2021, 05:57 PM   #7
Pateks
Banned

Orbita makes a manual watch winder which is why I thought this watch came with one.

I can live without the winder but really though the box would be different.
Old 2 March 2021, 01:22 AM   #8
jon_jon
"TRF" Member

5270 has never come with a winder and I don't think Patek has ever provided a winder for a manual watch.

The automatic PCs come with a winder box.
jon_jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2021, 02:38 AM   #9
Pateks
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_jon View Post
5270 has never come with a winder and I don't think Patek has ever provided a winder for a manual watch.

The automatic PCs come with a winder box.
TY Jon.
Old 3 March 2021, 03:22 AM   #10
azizu
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 3700/11AJ
yes, like all the guys said the the 5270 is a manual wound watch and winder doesn't help at all (matter of fact winder doesn't help with any watch :))
the patek philippe winder box you are refering to, i believe PP stopped giving them away recently (i believe the 5940 was the last one that came with that box).
so if you see a watch after that with the winder box then its a clear sign that the box came from eBay.
back to your point about boxes, PP boxes are expensive if you had to buy one. so no matter how tempted you are don't through it away
Old 3 March 2021, 03:30 AM   #11
Pateks
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azizu View Post
yes, like all the guys said the the 5270 is a manual wound watch and winder doesn't help at all (matter of fact winder doesn't help with any watch :))
the patek philippe winder box you are refering to, i believe PP stopped giving them away recently (i believe the 5940 was the last one that came with that box).
so if you see a watch after that with the winder box then its a clear sign that the box came from eBay.
back to your point about boxes, PP boxes are expensive if you had to buy one. so no matter how tempted you are don't through it away

We just sold our house and are moving into an apartment temporarily while our new home is being built. I have every box, every piece of literature, every hang tag of the dozen or so Pateks my wife and I have. Most of the boxes ive never even opened. lol. They are still in the cardboard package.

Thx for the heads up on the winder box.
Old 3 March 2021, 05:24 AM   #12
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pateks View Post
We just sold our house and are moving into an apartment temporarily while our new home is being built. I have every box, every piece of literature, every hang tag of the dozen or so Pateks my wife and I have. Most of the boxes ive never even opened. lol. They are still in the cardboard package.

Thx for the heads up on the winder box.
Given that you never open the boxes, I would not let the type of box supplied in any way affect your purchase decision. Times have changed also and I think ADs no longer give the cardboard outer outer box and now actually deliver the watches in the display box with just the PP outer box.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2021, 05:53 AM   #13
Pateks
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
Given that you never open the boxes, I would not let the type of box supplied in any way affect your purchase decision. Times have changed also and I think ADs no longer give the cardboard outer outer box and now actually deliver the watches in the display box with just the PP outer box.
Ty. Box is not affecting decision. Was just more curious than anything. I have an allocation that was offered for the 5270 which I have ordered. And yes- outside box was not given with my last purchase for the wife and inner brown boxes were discontinued a while back.
Old 3 March 2021, 06:47 AM   #14
azizu
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 3700/11AJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pateks View Post
Ty. Box is not affecting decision. Was just more curious than anything. I have an allocation that was offered for the 5270 which I have ordered. And yes- outside box was not given with my last purchase for the wife and inner brown boxes were discontinued a while back.
I have the 5270J on my wishlist to be honest, I believe it will age the best among all 5270s (comparing it to the 3970 where the J aged really the best IMO).
curious to know if you were offered any discount (with all these PPs you have)?
Old 3 March 2021, 07:10 AM   #15
Pateks
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azizu View Post
I have the 5270J on my wishlist to be honest, I believe it will age the best among all 5270s (comparing it to the 3970 where the J aged really the best IMO).
curious to know if you were offered any discount (with all these PPs you have)?
I have an arrangement with my dealer for preferred pricing.