The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 12 November 2019, 07:37 PM   #121
Andad
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmesallem View Post
Not if every single precaution is taken, you can
Minimize the risk. That includes takeoff photos and videos of packaging, model numbers, serial number, etc.

To be honest, you’re right. There is a risk. But the risk is lower then just a straight wire. Plus as the seller you can still sue PayPal if they don’t side with you.

Other than that, in person is the only way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmesallem View Post
Your friend would be entitled to have the watch back. I’ve sold some high value items using PayPal for payment and I do several things as safe guards. The first is I take photos of all labels and serial numbers. The second is I take a video showing the serial number first followed by the actual act of myself packaging the item and sealing the cartons along with affixing the shipping label. After everything is packaged I draw something across the packaging tape with permanent marker. Once the package is ready I take more photos always showing the same drawing. Lastly when I drop
It off, I take a video of the package with the receipt showing it was dropped off.

Lastly, I make sure to issue invoices that show that ALL SALES ARE FINAL!!! Along with a disclaimer stating that any claims for damage have to be made within 24 hours and if the package arrives damaged, it must be rejected upon attempted delivery.

With all this evidence, if PayPal sides with the seller, I would first ask for the item back. When the package arrives, I would take a video of unboxing the shipping package with the tracking number visible along with verifying serial numbers. If the serial number doesn’t match the first video, it’s evidence that the item was switched.

At this point PayPal could side with him as much as they want, but since you have all this evidence and they don’t, then all that’s left is to file suit. I don’t sell anything over a 1k and have never sold a watch, but small claims usually suffices for a lawsuit and PayPal
Won’t show up because it’s cheaper to pay the 1k then to fly someone out and in California, they can’t hirer a lawyer.

At the end it’s documentation. If you document, you’re safe, if you don’t, then you can end up losing if the other guy is dishonest. But when it comes to a watch that costs 20k or even 10k, i do it like I do cars, face to face. Meet at the bank and do the exchange there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This would be a perfect scenario right up until you sold something to a scammer and sued PayPal.

All I see at this time are the sales sections bogging down the Forum and causing more problems than they are worth.

It’s not unusual to see 70% of new posts on a page as items for sale on some days.

Andad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2019, 02:18 AM   #122
BigJack
Banned

Amazing news..Thank Goodness you got funds back.
BigJack is offline   Reply With Quote