The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 9 November 2011, 08:39 AM   #11
suntaelee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonerider View Post
Have the GMT-ii-C myself and is soooo pleased with - office, hiking, skiing, tox/suite ....it fits it all, and I use it daily.

Like the rest of the watches I own, there is also a story to my GMT. Long time ago, I promissed myself a GMT when I finished working offshore and turned back to "land", like a minifest of that time.

If you have a story to why you want the Moonphase, go for it
Both watches are in the "good end" so quality I don't think you will see the difference (some might disagree).

You need a watch that pleases you - not the Bling-bling

Everybody can buy a Rolex (just take a mortgage)
... not everybody can tell WHY they bought it.

So I will end this thread by quoting you:
".... the Moonphase I always wanted"

Cheers
Stonerider
very well put... like most people, i was a huge 007 fan. i thought the 14060m had the strongest link to the original bond sub, and also somewhat recent model, so i decided to get it. all i thought of was getting a sub. got a great deal and it became mine. it was also a present to myself for the hard work i've done in my 20s and thought i deserve a nice watch.

i also have the seiko 7A28-7020 that i searched all over the net for 3 months. it's one of bond's other seiko watches. i have a thread in the non-rolex section for it if interested. beautiful watch.

as for the longines moonphase, i was introduced to this watch by searching for moonphase watches. i saw a patek moonphase and fell in love. but that is out of the budget right now, so i saw that the longines would be an affordable choice until i make my first million. and even after getting the sub and a baume mercier i just sold today, i always talked and eyed the longines...

the gmtiic has always interested me as well tho... it's bold and shiny. nicer bracelet than my current with a modern swag. saw a great deal on it when i rolled back into the forum... damn forums... lol so yeah, that's my story. sorry about the blab...
suntaelee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gmtiic , longines , moonphase , submariner , trade