The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 31 July 2019, 11:15 PM   #31
antrolexsub
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtecko View Post
well for starter, everyone agrees that based on those pictures, no one would buy this watch, no matter where you work ( sausage business is boooooming I heard !)

1. Perfect engravings on the bezel insert. Platinum colour looks good in the low light. The better fake inserts are still far to dark especially in low light.
how can you say "perfect" where half of the engraving is in shadow light?!

2. Endlinks nice and tight to the case, with a small step down from the lugs.
and frakenstein rolex dont showcase that?

3. The lug shape is spot on as are the crown guard shape.
pictures is blurry?!? where do you see the sharpness

4. Correct hand stack. The fake correct hand stack GMT’s use a Chinese 2836 movement with a GMT module on top. The causes the crown to sit lower down in the case, messing up the crown guard shape. These are perfect.
sorry to tell you ( you can search on the forum)that handstake can be found in fakes as well... the crown guard is liteterraly pressed against his skin, you can not tell anything

5. Hands are slightly curved with no rough/square/sharp edges.
?? really...

6. Seconds hand pinion shape is perfect. Third wheel pinion reaches all the way up to the top of the hand pinion with no dark hole. Fake GMT’s never do, the third wheel pinion is too short so they use an extended pinion on the seconds hand and you get a dark hole in the pinion.
cannot see that to be honest, the resolution is just not there

7. Perfect dial font layout and coronet.
what on earth are you seeing?? you cant even see the GMT MASTER fond on the dial - the coronet is blurry too - the pictures ARE SH!T mate, everything is blurrry and you like "it is perfect"

8. Dial marker edges smooth and rounded. No fakes get this right they’re always squared off/sharp.
you must have seen 10dollars fake then ...

9. Perfect anti reflective coating on the magnification cyclops. It’s always dark black. No fakes have got this right.
specially with picture #2, you CAN REALLY tell the AR coating...not

10. Perfect date font, serifs spot on.
you redefined the work perfect today...

11. Rehaut angle spot on. Most fake cases aren’t steep enough.
you cannot even see the engraving of the rehaut !

Just because you can’t tell anything from those photos, it doesn’t mean others can’t.
--> I can tell the pictures are absolutely garbage, perfectly garbage ! [/QUOTE]

You know what I can’t be bothered anymore. I really don’t know why I waste my time.

You and 95% of this forum have absolutely no idea what your talking about. Time after time, genuine watches called out as fakes. You point out it is in fact genuine and the mob mentality sets and and you get slaughtered for it.

I won’t be posting anymore. Far too many armchair experts who think they know everything but know nothing.
Old 31 July 2019, 11:20 PM   #32
dxbtousa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avi8tor View Post
I'm going to stir the pot here. Not saying you're right or wrong but you should go to Youtube and check out Watchfinder & Co. They show a $1500 fake Daytona that you cannot tell is fake without use of a Loupe or other magnifying lens. Therefore, it is my strong OPINION that simple low res photos of any watch do not provide even the best of the best to identify real vs. fake anymore.

P.S. I posted pics of my Submariner and even the laser etched crown on this website and nobody spotted it as a fake until I showed the documents that came with it because they were not consistent with the 116610.

I was scammed and it sucks so I'm a big advocate against speculation at this point.

Just my 2 cents. Probably worth less than that.
To be fair, as soon as you posted your watch with the documents , it was instantly called out as fake. And with all respect, once anybody actually looked at any of the pictures of the dial/case, it was blatantly obvious.

I don't think any previous poster actually looked.

For what its worth , I agree with antrolexsub assessment and explanations... but I dont know anything, so theres that.
Old 31 July 2019, 11:22 PM   #33
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Watch: YMII,GMTII,DAYTONA
Quote:
Originally Posted by antrolexsub View Post
--> I can tell the pictures are absolutely garbage, perfectly garbage !

You know what I can’t be bothered anymore. I really don’t know why I waste my time.

Quote:
I won’t be posting anymore. Far too many armchair experts who think they know everything but know nothing.

Thats a pity - you offer a lot to these forums - in this case I don't agree with you, but I respect your opinions.
You give up to easily and just because others don't agree your conclusion does not make them "arm chair generals"

Stick Around
Adam
Old 31 July 2019, 11:29 PM   #34
dxbtousa
"TRF" Member

Everybody is questioning the verdict but not explaining why, and the one person who is explaining is getting flamed; some people taking the piss.

Hope Antrolexsub keeps posting, because I for one, have learnt a tremendous amount in a short time.

And for somebody with eyes, you can certainly tell the features described.

haters gonna hate.
Old 31 July 2019, 11:34 PM   #35
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxbtousa View Post
Everybody is questioning the verdict but not explaining why, and the one person who is explaining is getting flamed; some people taking the piss.

Hope Antrolexsub keeps posting, because I for one, have learnt a tremendous amount in a short time.

haters gonna hate.
Gtecko in great detail and others DID explain their reasons for disagreeing.

Nothing to do with "hate" just different opinions based on lousy photo.

If you are learning - great - enjoy!
Old 31 July 2019, 11:48 PM   #36
Gtecko
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxbtousa View Post

haters gonna hate.
I am not hating at all ( that actually made me laugh as I am not sure what is there for me to hate - apart from those ugly resolution pictures) , and Antrolexsub could most likely be right but NO ONE on this forum can say those pictures are crisp and you can tell every details.
He only pointed out details that can be found on a real GMT , if the pictures were better and I could see what he sees (it is bloody blurry !!)

I am not a "arm chair generals" everyone posting blurry or/and low resolution pictures should not expect anyone to go and vouch to the authenticity... this is insane to go ask someone for their opinion for you to spend over 10K and you cannot even give proper pictures.
Old 1 August 2019, 12:07 AM   #37
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Originally Posted by antrolexsub View Post
Why is everything I post questioned?

I’ll tell you how.

Just because you can’t tell anything from those photos, it doesn’t mean others can’t.
Those pictures are crap. No reputable authenticator would stake his reputation on those two pictures. The best you can say is it might be real, but need clearer pictures to confirm.

Whatever credentials you claim have been permanently tarnished arguing over a definitive authentication based on those crap pictures.
Old 1 August 2019, 12:09 AM   #38
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah71601 View Post
Those pictures are crap. No reputable authenticator would stake his reputation on those two pictures. The best you can say is it might be real, but need clearer pictures to confirm.

Whatever credentials you claim have been permanently tarnished arguing over a definitive authentication based on those crap pictures.
Old 1 August 2019, 12:27 AM   #39
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Awful pics.
Old 1 August 2019, 12:38 AM   #40
AH0RSEY
"TRF" Member

Watch: OUT !!!!
id even question if the two wrists are the same person, let alone the same watch.... and even if that watch is "perfect or not".... always buy the person especially online, so if you don't know them as legit and they are not an AD .... walk away
Old 1 August 2019, 12:45 AM   #41
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
All this back and forth and meantime OP has yet to return.
One post and gone.

It amazes me how nowadays, with cell phones taking some incredible shots that rival better quality cameras, folks can still manage to look for answers with the most horrible of photographs.
Old 1 August 2019, 12:49 AM   #42
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Blueface View Post
All this back and forth and meantime OP has yet to return.
One post and gone.

It amazes me how nowadays, with cell phones taking some incredible shots that rival better quality cameras, folks can still manage to look for answers with the most horrible of photographs.
Yep. Begs the question on the motives of OP
Old 1 August 2019, 06:44 AM   #43
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLADIATOR View Post
Yep. Begs the question on the motives of OP

TRF is a magnet for new scammers to try out their recently purchase rep watch. It’s not worth the time to do any verification. And those who give them a virtual tutorial are only feeding them IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
Old 1 August 2019, 07:02 AM   #44
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Agreed
Old 1 August 2019, 07:22 AM   #45
thesharkfactor
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Off topic..@123Blueface..

I keep meaning to say, I think that is one of the nicest Rolex I have ever seen. It has become my new grail. Can I see a bigger picture?

It's a wg day date with Romans (right?), what's the dial colour called?

That's a real stunner, well done, I love it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nice.JPG (14.6 KB, 285 views)
Old 1 August 2019, 07:50 AM   #46
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesharkfactor View Post
Off topic..@123Blueface..

I keep meaning to say, I think that is one of the nicest Rolex I have ever seen. It has become my new grail. Can I see a bigger picture?

It's a wg day date with Romans (right?), what's the dial colour called?

That's a real stunner, well done, I love it!
Thank you.
RG with Roman Olive Dial.
To avoid threadjack.
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=682677
Old 1 August 2019, 11:51 PM   #47
PRSWILL
"TRF" Member

Not sure why people waste their time with Troll OP's like this- posts 11 days ago- one post- many mentions of bad pics- no updates and a ton of trash talking between the people that are on here all of the time. seems a bit petty and and ANYONE who is making a judgement for against is just looking like a fool based on these pictures. I have had enough of this forum as well.
Old 7 October 2019, 09:42 PM   #48
Scoanthonys109
"TRF" Member

need better pics to authenticate
Old 8 October 2019, 05:58 AM   #49
scoot4nat
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtecko View Post
well for starter, everyone agrees that based on those pictures, no one would buy this watch, no matter where you work ( sausage business is boooooming I heard !)

1. Perfect engravings on the bezel insert. Platinum colour looks good in the low light. The better fake inserts are still far to dark especially in low light.

how can you say "perfect" where half of the engraving is in shadow light?!

2. Endlinks nice and tight to the case, with a small step down from the lugs.

and frakenstein rolex dont showcase that?

3. The lug shape is spot on as are the crown guard shape.

pictures is blurry?!? where do you see the sharpness

4. Correct hand stack. The fake correct hand stack GMT’s use a Chinese 2836 movement with a GMT module on top. The causes the crown to sit lower down in the case, messing up the crown guard shape. These are perfect.

sorry to tell you ( you can search on the forum)that handstake can be found in fakes as well... the crown guard is liteterraly pressed against his skin, you can not tell anything

5. Hands are slightly curved with no rough/square/sharp edges.

?? really...

6. Seconds hand pinion shape is perfect. Third wheel pinion reaches all the way up to the top of the hand pinion with no dark hole. Fake GMT’s never do, the third wheel pinion is too short so they use an extended pinion on the seconds hand and you get a dark hole in the pinion.

cannot see that to be honest, the resolution is just not there

7. Perfect dial font layout and coronet.

what on earth are you seeing?? you cant even see the GMT MASTER fond on the dial - the coronet is blurry too - the pictures ARE SH!T mate, everything is blurrry and you like "it is perfect"

8. Dial marker edges smooth and rounded. No fakes get this right they’re always squared off/sharp.

you must have seen 10dollars fake then ...

9. Perfect anti reflective coating on the magnification cyclops. It’s always dark black. No fakes have got this right.

specially with picture #2, you CAN REALLY tell the AR coating...not

10. Perfect date font, serifs spot on.

you redefined the work perfect today...

11. Rehaut angle spot on. Most fake cases aren’t steep enough.

you cannot even see the engraving of the rehaut !

--> I can tell the pictures are absolutely garbage, perfectly garbage ! [/QUOTE]

This was quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 8 October 2019, 08:18 AM   #50
GradyPhilpott
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710 BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsiderkg View Post
Said it a thousand times before, for goodness sakes its 2019 and almost everyone has a high def cell phone camera. No reason for poor pics anymore as an excuse, please. Even pap-pap knows how to take pics, lol.

Inaugural TRF $50 Watch Challenge Winner
Old 8 October 2019, 11:07 AM   #51
Robtayham
"TRF" Member

I’ve said it before: these one-time OPs who ask if their watch is authentic are all up to no good. They are taking advantage of us for their benefit.

Let’s think about ‘why’ would they do that? Think like a crook and you’ll figure it out.

That may be too harsh. But...it explains a lot.
Old 8 October 2019, 08:07 PM   #52
Onikage
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710, 16628
Hilarious stuff guys. I don't like the look of the finishing on the lugs myself. Though these aren't my prefered sausages..
ROLEXFANBOY P-Club Member #4
Old 8 October 2019, 08:38 PM   #53
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
I’m concerned that t is counter productive to detail all of the tells a particular fake watch may have.

Suffice it to leave it to the good opinion of those in the business to warn us away, if their opinion is not appreciated, the buyer can purchase at their own peril.

The fact that we can poll a plentiful resource of knowledgeable members here is good enough for me, I don’t need to be the expert... buy the seller is one of the leading ways to insure a good purchase.

Ps especially concerned about offering details to posts from someone with a post count of 1.
Old 8 October 2019, 08:52 PM   #54
Onikage
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710, 16628
Understood regarding the concerns. Though with advanced knowledge what the OP could do to increase 'saleability' is unknown - His pictures are already crap.
ROLEXFANBOY P-Club Member #4
Old 9 October 2019, 04:47 PM   #55
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
TRF is a magnet for new scammers to try out their recently purchase rep watch. It’s not worth the time to do any verification. And those who give them a virtual tutorial are only feeding them IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Closed Thread