The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 4 October 2019, 05:41 PM   #1
DKHDSM
"TRF" Member

VINTAGE ROLEX Tiffany & Co GMT-MASTER 1675 ROOT BEER TT

Can anyone tell me how much this watch maybe worth I can’t find one like it so I can compare it to. It was a gift from my dad it’s SS/14k jubilee band
DKHDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2019, 08:48 PM   #2
Mark020
"TRF" Member

Do you have any paperwork backing up the Tiffany connection?
Mark020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2019, 11:07 PM   #3
offrdmania
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Without a paper trail showing a true Tiffany connection then the print on the dial wont add any significant value since Tiffany dials are the most faked dials of any Rolex dial. Also, I would like to see more of the bracelet. Not sure if the end links are aftermarket or the whole bracelet is.
Also, based on the rules of the forum, we dont do evaluations for monetary value. We can point you in the direction as to where you can find similar pieces that have sold and you can get your conclusions from there. eBay completed auctions is a great place to start. It lets you see what pieces actually sold for.
Old 4 October 2019, 11:16 PM   #4
JustinK
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1530,1665,1680
I think the bracelet and end links are fine. Oval link 14k bracelets were common for the bi metal watches in the 70’s. Probably the least desirable bracelet for this model but not aftermarket. Better pictures of the inside and outside of the clasp would be needed to confirm.

Nice watch!

JustinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2019, 11:22 PM   #5
Dan S
2024 Pledge Member

Putting aside the Tiffany connection, I have seen root beer 1675s sell in eBay auctions in the $8.5k-$10k range this year, depending on condition. I am speaking very generally here, and not attempting to give a valuation for your specific watch. Dealers are generally listing them for about 25% more. To determine the value of your own watch, it would be best to have an expert evaluate the condition in person. At the very least, you would need to post much better photos.

As mentioned above, the Tiffany dial can help the value if it is legit. But collectors are rightly skeptical of these dials. Please note that we are not accusing you or your father of any fakery, it's just the reality of the market.
Old 5 October 2019, 03:31 AM   #6
TimeLord2
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT Master 1675/3
Looks very similar to mine, including the Tiffany stamp. And no, I don't have papers, it's only an issue if you plan on selling but from what I have seen even without papers it will sell for a bit more, just not as much as if you had the papers. Got it from my Dad too. Definitely post better pics for some comments from the forum. From what I know about my own watch It too has an oval link USA 14K bracelet, all brown insert, which I think was used on the all gold versions and early TT versions, like yours (and mine) which looks like a similar data range to mine. Serial number is located between the lugs on one side and the model number on the other. Tell us what the serial number is, although I will tell you that most people on this forum do not reveal the full serial. Mine is a 3.2 million serial placing it around 1971 or 1972. The advice I was given, hands and dial and insert should never be replaced and do not polish it if you want to maintain value. I am looking forward to seeing more pics of your very beautiful watch!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Watch_28s.jpg (252.3 KB, 380 views)
File Type: jpg Watch_5s.jpg (107.7 KB, 377 views)
TimeLord2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2019, 06:02 AM   #7
1665fan
"TRF" Member

Very nice ! Both of them
1665fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2019, 06:19 AM   #8
1SG MTB
"TRF" Member

Beautiful watch - given that it belonged to your dad I would say it’s priceless, but I’m sentimental about these things.
1SG MTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2019, 07:11 AM   #9
TimeLord2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SG MTB View Post
Beautiful watch - given that it belonged to your dad I would say it’s priceless, but I’m sentimental about these things.
I think I am more sentimental than he is. Last time I visited he said I should sell it and get a new one. Hahahahahaha!
Old 5 October 2019, 02:11 PM   #10
Do0ver
"TRF" Member

Great looking watch.
Do0ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2019, 02:42 PM   #11
Lol-x
Facilitator

Nice looking watch!!
I guess it will work with your fingernails

Tiffany dial watches really require the original paperwork to have any legitimacy.

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Lol-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2019, 04:13 AM   #12
cardiel
"TRF" Member

Tiffany dial watches really require the original paperwork to have any legitimacy.

but we see plenty of Tiffany watches being sold by the big dealers without paperwork.....
cardiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2019, 11:25 AM   #13
TimeLord2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiel View Post

but we see plenty of Tiffany watches being sold by the big dealers without paperwork.....
Exactly my point... That said, Papers = Legitimacy. That does not mean those without papers are all fakes. Other ways you can establish some provenance is through pictures of your father wearing the watch. At this point, I do wonder if the OP is tracking this thread but that is another matter entirely. If OP is still on board I think we would all like a story about the watch and how your father acquired it, if you know that story. A nice Rolex vintage bedtime story would be just the ticket!
Old 6 October 2019, 12:29 PM   #14
jimmytamp
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Tudor, IWC,
...and there’s no follow up answer from OP who joined TRF on Oct-4th...hmm

Watch Lover
Old 6 October 2019, 12:35 PM   #15
TimeLord2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytamp View Post
...and there’s no follow up answer from OP who joined TRF on Oct-4th...hmm

Watch Lover
Maybe they weren't really expecting an answer... And I post that gif for myself.
Old 6 October 2019, 02:55 PM   #16
Robtayham
"TRF" Member

I’m not a fan of these first posts by a new member that say ‘my _____ gave me this watch, tell me what’s wrong with it’ threads. They should just send the watch to RSC for a service estimate. That conversation will tell them everything they need to know.
Robtayham is offline   Reply With Quote