The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 13 January 2021, 04:35 AM   #1
mockingboy
"TRF" Member

5320...Is Gorgeous

Went to the AD today and wow, the 5320 is gorgeous!

It is just really really good looking in person; thinking about getting one though the AD premium to the grey price is

Not sure how to justify getting from an AD
mockingboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2021, 05:03 AM   #2
Vipes
"TRF" Member

I agree. I went to a Patek event a couple of years ago. I tried on the 5320 and I was really impressed. It was so much nicer on the wrist than in pics. It is on my list.

I think greys are charging around 65k. It would be hard for me to buy from an AD even if they give 10-15% discount.
Vipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2021, 12:15 PM   #3
mockingboy
"TRF" Member

Anyone have photos of this on different straps?
mockingboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2021, 02:27 AM   #4
DukeDevil
"TRF" Member

Razny? I saw it in their Oak St. store last week. I bought a 5320 last summer from a grey, but largely because I couldn't seem to find it at any domestic ODs. I looked in Chicago, San Fran, Las Vegas...nobody seemed to have them. Have heard more sightings recently, so perhaps the collectors are done buying this reference and now they are being purchased by ADs for stock.

Interesting to mention...I bought mine NIB for a healthy discount from a grey who had sourced from an AD but had them hold the paperwork until my purchase, so I got my name on the cert. Win win.

The watch is my absolute favorite in my collection. Not as fussy or illegible as a 5327. It's still classic enough paired with a suit, but thrives in today's business casual and even looks at home with jeans and a t shirt. And for those that like to dismiss it as too funky looking, take a look at a 1591 from the 40s.

Good luck.
DukeDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2021, 03:42 AM   #5
levvity
"TRF" Member

The 5320 has been growing on me. I recently saw one on a blue strap and it was absolutely stunning. It is wild how much the strap color changes the look of the watch.
levvity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2021, 12:09 PM   #6
chiscott_29
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, ALS, Omega
Agree the 5320 is great. It’s the only Patek complication I would ever consider.

I think the only way this makes sense from an AD (at least at retail) is if this comes with something big. Like a 5712/1a or 5968a. Even then you’re still not ahead by that much.

I highly doubt an AD will package this model...There are plenty of people that will try to use this as a relationship builder. So, I’d definitely look to go gray on this one.
Old 15 January 2021, 02:30 AM   #7
Partekular
"TRF" Member

I went to collect a 5212A and came out with a 5320G. It was a no-brainier. There’s no comparison. Patek Philippe is to perpetual calendars as peas are to pods. I hadn’t seen one I liked before, dials too fussy, cases bland - then this one! It ticked every box, beautiful case, clear uncluttered dial and I wear it every day.
Partekular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2021, 03:04 AM   #8
2nastie
"TRF" Member

Watch: Time Only
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partekular View Post
I went to collect a 5212A and came out with a 5320G. It was a no-brainier. There’s no comparison. Patek Philippe is to perpetual calendars as peas are to pods. I hadn’t seen one I liked before, dials too fussy, cases bland - then this one! It ticked every box, beautiful case, clear uncluttered dial and I wear it every day.
Very nice! Did you end up passing on the 5212A? Hoped you picked up both. Both are gorgeous!
2nastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2021, 10:38 PM   #9
Partekular
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nastie View Post
Very nice! Did you end up passing on the 5212A? Hoped you picked up both. Both are gorgeous!
No, I didn’t buy the 5212A. I only want one PP. I was disappointed by the 5212A which looks great in the enlarged images on the PP site but looks a bit cheap in the metal and not as clear to glance at as the 5320G. Also I did wonder - apart from admiring the clever weekly numbering mechanism - what I would use it for.

I have an IWC perpetual calendar and have got used to having the day, date, month, time and moon phase to hand. The 5320 presents the info at a glance. The AD called the 5212A ‘PP entry level’. A bit derisive, I thought but I did agree that it is expensive for what it is in steel.
Partekular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2021, 06:49 AM   #10
mpbachman
"TRF" Member

The 5320 is an amazing watch, especially with a blue strap. It is versatile, the dial is amazing and love the modern + vintage vibe.
mpbachman is offline   Reply With Quote