The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 4 September 2020, 11:12 PM   #1
Mini2
"TRF" Member

Any discount on 5930G 010

Hello

The availability of this watch is in most places but is there any census that a discount can be achieved

Thanks
Mini2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2020, 05:54 AM   #2
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini2 View Post
Hello

The availability of this watch is in most places but is there any census that a discount can be achieved

Thanks
It's trading around 50k on the grey market maybe lower, I would try and bundle unless you love the watch and get a steep discount at your AD. Remember it ain't bundling if they don't give you both watches at the same time. Don't get suckered into a promise like I did at AP - we are so sorry the market has changed and can't do anything.

edit: I was offered 20% last year but they would not bundle so I said no
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2020, 06:44 AM   #3
Mini2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
It's trading around 50k on the grey market maybe lower, I would try and bundle unless you love the watch and get a steep discount at your AD. Remember it ain't bundling if they don't give you both watches at the same time. Don't get suckered into a promise like I did at AP - we are so sorry the market has changed and can't do anything.

edit: I was offered 20% last year but they would not bundle so I said no
Lots of promises about the potential to get a hot piece but it could just be a sales ploy

If I buy grey and get it cheaper let’s say 52k USD it don’t build “the relationship” for a extra 6/7k USD
But it’s hard to justify the extra for something that might not happen but with the imminent price increase I need to think
Sharpish what to do
Old 5 September 2020, 07:04 AM   #4
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini2 View Post
Lots of promises about the potential to get a hot piece but it could just be a sales ploy

If I buy grey and get it cheaper let’s say 52k USD it don’t build “the relationship” for a extra 6/7k USD
But it’s hard to justify the extra for something that might not happen but with the imminent price increase I need to think
Sharpish what to do
do you really want it or is your desire for the watch driven by building a relationship (for me I have to admit it is)?

which hot piece do you want ? take into account that 20% discount maybe doable but did your AD say he is willing to give that much?

You also have to pay tax - for most grey dealers if you are in a different state you still don't have to. So that extra 6-7 is more 12-13k - that's a lot for a potentially empty promise.

Somebody here recently got offered a 5712 and the world time you like but as a singapore edition as a bundle - I would have taken that deal.

edit: also important is how many watches do you plan to buy in the near future? do you have deep pockets to compete with the big boys (I don't and I am getting more and more used to the fact that going grey makes more sense).
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2020, 10:06 AM   #5
jon_jon
"TRF" Member

Discount on Patek watches vary greatly from UK to US to Asia. You have to compare apples to apples. If an American visits UK or EU and purchases a watch and claim VAT back, what is the net amount paid on the watch? Similarly what if a UK resident visited Singapore and received VAT back.
What is the net amount paid? I don't know how travel restrictions are affecting global prices, but a 20% discount at a UK AD is not the same as 20% off at a US AD.

Having said that, 5930G is not a watch in high demand. So if a watch has been sitting on the window for 6 month or a year, the AD is going to want to sell it with a discount. This is a general rule of thumb. How much discount varies depending on location (major city or small town) as well as other factors.

I think the 5930G is a nice watch. But only buy it if you like it. If you are shopping at London high street, purchasing a 5930G is not going to catapult you to becoming a VIP. But if you buy it from a Patek AD in a smaller city, you may have a better chance of "developing a relationship".
jon_jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2020, 10:13 AM   #6
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
5% max at AD.
Ichiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2020, 10:38 PM   #7
Mini2
"TRF" Member

I actually like the piece and getting a nice rose nautilus would be a bonus but like anything we all like to pay the lowest amount �� don’t we or am I be unreasonable ��
Old 17 January 2021, 12:00 AM   #8
Mini2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_jon View Post
Discount on Patek watches vary greatly from UK to US to Asia. You have to compare apples to apples. If an American visits UK or EU and purchases a watch and claim VAT back, what is the net amount paid on the watch? Similarly what if a UK resident visited Singapore and received VAT back.
What is the net amount paid? I don't know how travel restrictions are affecting global prices, but a 20% discount at a UK AD is not the same as 20% off at a US AD.

Having said that, 5930G is not a watch in high demand. So if a watch has been sitting on the window for 6 month or a year, the AD is going to want to sell it with a discount. This is a general rule of thumb. How much discount varies depending on location (major city or small town) as well as other factors.

I think the 5930G is a nice watch. But only buy it if you like it. If you are shopping at London high street, purchasing a 5930G is not going to catapult you to becoming a VIP. But if you buy it from a Patek AD in a smaller city, you may have a better chance of "developing a relationship".

I really like the watch
A watch I know about is the older model which is the 001
And this particular watch has been with the same AD for very close to 2 years and they have increased the price every year to that of the new 010 which is about 60k
I don't know how they can increase the price of a watch which is not in production anymore