The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 16 January 2021, 09:20 PM   #31
MCMartiny
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lange & Patek
Congratulations! Good to hear that the tedious UK lockdown worked in someone's favour for once. The 5712/1A is a fantastic watch and by now a PP icon. Wear it in good health.
MCMartiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2021, 11:42 PM   #32
Mini2
"TRF" Member

wear in good health
Mini2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2021, 12:29 AM   #33
Humble michael
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711 white , 5990,
Congratulations a great timepiece! , james in San Antonio Tx :-)
Humble michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2021, 02:17 AM   #34
gcsk76
"TRF" Member

Great companion for your 46R, congratulation!
gcsk76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2021, 10:44 PM   #35
Ubiquitous1984
"TRF" Member

Thank you everyone for the kind words! The watch has barely left my wrist since I bought it. From certain angles the dial looks black, and then when you look straight on it's deep blue ... might just be my eyes, but it's a nice touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notaflipper View Post
Congrats! Stunning piece just as the 5146R. You can't tease us by not sharing what you would like to get your hands on next? Also do you mind sharing what type of purchase history you have with this chain as Im thinking of jumping on the PP ladder from Rolex and hopefully evenuually acquiring a 5726
Thank you - I'm after a 5168G next. Blue is my favourite colour and the 5168G is like nothing else that I own. Yes it's another sports watch, but I have 1 and 3 year old children so sports watches suit my lifestyle.

I detailed my journey to PP in my last thread when I picked up the annual calendar, so you may wish to take a look. I believe the pandemic gives a golden chance in smaller markets that previously relied on tourism for people to increase their profile with AD's, if you have the cash on hand to spend. In a nutshell I had a strong buying history elsewhere in their group, and I was invited to buy a non-sports Patek on the basis that they would then put me on the list (but not at the 'top' of the list) for any of their more in demand pieces.

In addition I believe I am benefitting from the lack of ultra wealthy international clients that the group would perhaps prioritise in normal times, and I *think* it also works in my favour that my AD is in the north of England, as I am not directly competing against the mega-wealthy clients in London. So I am a medium sized fish in a small pond, as opposed to a tiny fish in a huge pond if I lived in London!*

*this is total speculation on my part, I could be way off track with my theory!
Ubiquitous1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2021, 11:26 PM   #36
1William
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I do like that watch.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2021, 08:02 AM   #37
Tanvo
"TRF" Member

congratz!
Tanvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2021, 08:48 AM   #38
Jinson
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Older GMTs & Subs
Very excited for you and congrats! It's a stunner.
Jinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2021, 12:46 PM   #39
jamestucker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubiquitous1984 View Post
Thank you everyone for the kind words! The watch has barely left my wrist since I bought it. From certain angles the dial looks black, and then when you look straight on it's deep blue ... might just be my eyes, but it's a nice touch.

Thank you - I'm after a 5168G next. Blue is my favourite colour and the 5168G is like nothing else that I own. Yes it's another sports watch, but I have 1 and 3 year old children so sports watches suit my lifestyle.

I detailed my journey to PP in my last thread when I picked up the annual calendar, so you may wish to take a look. I believe the pandemic gives a golden chance in smaller markets that previously relied on tourism for people to increase their profile with AD's, if you have the cash on hand to spend. In a nutshell I had a strong buying history elsewhere in their group, and I was invited to buy a non-sports Patek on the basis that they would then put me on the list (but not at the 'top' of the list) for any of their more in demand pieces.

In addition I believe I am benefitting from the lack of ultra wealthy international clients that the group would perhaps prioritise in normal times, and I *think* it also works in my favour that my AD is in the north of England, as I am not directly competing against the mega-wealthy clients in London. So I am a medium sized fish in a small pond, as opposed to a tiny fish in a huge pond if I lived in London!*

*this is total speculation on my part, I could be way off track with my theory!
Many congratulations Gareth

I am pleased to hear Michael was able to obtain you this watch and hopefully you will get a 5168 soon

I haven't dealt with Michael but had a negative experience with their "Patek Ambassador" Janet who asked me to purchase a Hublot to show loyalty. I have reported this to Patek and hopefully they have changed their practice by now
jamestucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2021, 07:11 AM   #40
Ubiquitous1984
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamestucker View Post
Many congratulations Gareth

I am pleased to hear Michael was able to obtain you this watch and hopefully you will get a 5168 soon

I haven't dealt with Michael but had a negative experience with their "Patek Ambassador" Janet who asked me to purchase a Hublot to show loyalty. I have reported this to Patek and hopefully they have changed their practice by now
Thank you! I can only speak praise about Michael. He is friendly, honest and knowledgable. I have not dealt with anyone else there but I’m sorry to hear about your bad experience, all I can suggest is if you do ever visit them again ask for Michael. And if you are ever shopping in Manchester for Rolex I highly recommend the team at Mappin & Webb across the Square from WoS. Antony, Lorraine and the rest are all a great bunch and very welcoming.
Old 19 January 2021, 07:50 PM   #41
Rwatcher
"TRF" Member

Fantastic to read about a north west member being blessed with a Patek duo from the WoS group, Congrats on the 5712 and such short wait. I hope to see many a wrist shot going forward and maybe once things back to normal, see you at a Mappers Rolex event. They have been my AD for 6 years now.
Rwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2021, 06:52 AM   #42
Ubiquitous1984
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwatcher View Post
Fantastic to read about a north west member being blessed with a Patek duo from the WoS group, Congrats on the 5712 and such short wait. I hope to see many a wrist shot going forward and maybe once things back to normal, see you at a Mappers Rolex event. They have been my AD for 6 years now.
It’s a small world, I didn’t expect many northerners to be on here! Thank you for your kind words.

Do you use the Mappin in Manchester or elsewhere? I’ve only ever been to one of their events, the last one at the Ivy. Other than that due to having a young family I’ve not had opportunity to attend the other ones.
Old 20 January 2021, 03:23 PM   #43
Kniazukay
"TRF" Member

So amazing, huge congrats!!!
Kniazukay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2021, 02:41 PM   #44
Mauiguy
"TRF" Member

What a ho-hum watch. Let me offer my polite congratulation because well, politeness.
Just kidding of course! Welcome to the club. Great choice. Wear it in great health and enjoy that gorgeous Nautilus!
Mauiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2021, 04:21 AM   #45
Rwatcher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubiquitous1984 View Post
It’s a small world, I didn’t expect many northerners to be on here! Thank you for your kind words.

Do you use the Mappin in Manchester or elsewhere? I’ve only ever been to one of their events, the last one at the Ivy. Other than that due to having a young family I’ve not had opportunity to attend the other ones.
Yes from Mappin and Webb Manchester, Fantastic store and team. Have looked after my family for a long time now. Ivy was indeed the last event I attended with them, shame 2020 took a turn as they really started to build some momentum over the past few years with hosting fantastic events in the city. Previous years Grand pacific and Manchester Hall.

Hope you are enjoying that 5712! and what a result on the previous pick up, have you seen discontinued now.
Rwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2021, 05:03 AM   #46
Mrngrz46
"TRF" Member

Soon will be discontinued. Good catch. Consider yourself lucky because those will be the last iteration of nautilus stainless steel
Mrngrz46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2021, 05:34 AM   #47
chiscott_29
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, ALS, Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrngrz46 View Post
Soon will be discontinued. Good catch. Consider yourself lucky because those will be the last iteration of nautilus stainless steel
The 2021 discontinued list is out and the 5712 isn't on it. It remains in production. Why is everybody perpetuating the rumor that this one is being discontinued "soon"?

EDIT: And by the way OP, congratulations on that beauty and wear in great health!!
Old 24 January 2021, 08:16 AM   #48
Mrngrz46
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiscott_29 View Post
The 2021 discontinued list is out and the 5712 isn't on it. It remains in production. Why is everybody perpetuating the rumor that this one is being discontinued "soon"?

EDIT: And by the way OP, congratulations on that beauty and wear in great health!!
By soon I mean next year
Mrngrz46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2021, 07:45 PM   #49
bharat
"TRF" Member

Congratulations!!
bharat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2021, 03:58 AM   #50
m3tek44
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: this
5712 hugs around wrist and love it! Enjoy and congrats!
m3tek44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2021, 07:33 AM   #51
AR5150
Banned

Congrats again
AR5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2021, 08:47 PM   #52
Helmi
"TRF" Member

Huge congratulations... Amazing watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Helmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2021, 11:29 PM   #53
bob101
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrngrz46 View Post
We’ll see. How about the blue 5726? Imagine it still has a year or two to run and finishes after 5712/1a which has had a long production run.
bob101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2021, 01:52 AM   #54
Ubiquitous1984
"TRF" Member

Still can't quite believe it when I'm typing away and catch a glimpse of this on my wrist!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 512.jpg (116.9 KB, 283 views)
Old 27 January 2021, 04:08 AM   #55
AR5150
Banned

Congratulations, more incomings to your name
AR5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2021, 11:36 AM   #56
chows99
"TRF" Member

5712 rocks on you buddy!!

Enjoy the watch for a long time. Personally this 5712 is a perfect blend of sports and complications.
chows99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2021, 01:05 AM   #57
Busyboy
"TRF" Member

Beautiful

If you are going complicated nautilus, short of 5740, this is the best IMO
Busyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2021, 05:10 PM   #58
fatderek
Banned

Looks good, congratulations.
fatderek is offline   Reply With Quote