The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 18 January 2021, 03:29 AM   #31
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
You will still have to deal with knocks on the DD but won’t have to worry about water anymore. You will also be wearing an automatic vs manual which is nice as a daily wear...set it and forget it with the DD.

ALSO consider that either choice is just a watch and they will show more wear in correlation to the opportunity you take to enjoy them on your wrist more frequently.

My personal feelings are every watch should be enjoyed care free. Neither of them are super collectible or precious... just a matter of perspective imho.
Old 18 January 2021, 03:34 AM   #32
KonradvonMarburg
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeepHead View Post
Thanks for the reply. I’ll check out that strap maker. I agree about wearing the piece. I find myself wearing the white gold all the time now vs the rose gold. I think the white gold looks better for the 5196 and it glitters in sunlight more than the rose gold, yet appears like steel. Appreciate the feedback. I might be now grabbing a white gold patrimony in a trade for a Rolex but we’ll see. I’ll post pics of the two 5196 models and the patrimony. The patrimony will be 38mm and is the “traditionelle” no date model, transparent case back, preowned. I can see myself wearing white gold dress watches as both casual and dress pieces. The white gold combination is a zero loss situation. It’s stainless on leather. It’s gold for weddings. It’s casual for a coffee shop. It won’t get you killed.i never understood white gold appeal until now. Let’s just hope I don’t ever see a platinum 5196 in person. That is my fav patek of all time hands down. The platinum 5196 should be 70k... it’s a sleeper if you can find it.
Love white gold. I find YG to be a bit too blingey, if you know what I mean.
KonradvonMarburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2021, 08:47 AM   #33
MeepHead
"TRF" Member

Watch: TV
Quote:
Originally Posted by subtona View Post
You will still have to deal with knocks on the DD but won’t have to worry about water anymore. You will also be wearing an automatic vs manual which is nice as a daily wear...set it and forget it with the DD.

ALSO consider that either choice is just a watch and they will show more wear in correlation to the opportunity you take to enjoy them on your wrist more frequently.

My personal feelings are every watch should be enjoyed care free. Neither of them are super collectible or precious... just a matter of perspective imho.
There’s no doubt I’ll get a white gold dd 40 someday. Or perhaps a white gold sky dweller on leather strap older model
MeepHead is offline   Reply With Quote